9/11/02 Matchday V: Blackburn v. Chelsea [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    You know Monkee, the though that you and Celery King were one and the same often crossed my mind on soccernet ;)

2. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    CeleryKing

lol.
    I know him, but I can assure you we are not the same. He's a right bleeding ugly long-haired git I hasten to add. And when he does appear on here, you can tell him I said that :)

3. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clan's post regarding the matches is one of the reasons we shouldn't be posting other scores. For example, on Saturday CFC plays Newcastle at 10AM ET.

Some people might be listening to Chelsea, but planning on watching Liverpool v. Bolton on tape delay at 12 noon.

Same goes for when we play on Sundays.

That's the thrust of the issue.

4. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: CeleryKing

Uh-huh.
    Probably some skinner from the BNP, who hangs out with the Combat 18 lot for kicks :)

5. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    GPK - know what you mean, but I feel if folks who wanna watch the game later for instance, then they should NOT be on here, OR on the web at all. They should in essence moderate themselves.
    But thems is the rules and I'll abide by them, keep your eye on Fern though.

Clan - CeleryKing is a good geezer, and certainly would not be a right winger, he's a left footer (in both senses) and is very very anti-racist.

6. GPK

GPK BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 5, 1999
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    100% in agreement here. Who would go to a football website is they are planning to watch a tape delay of a match?

Idiots.

But, those are the rules as you say. :)

7. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Aye, sure i know.
    t'was only kidin with yeh.

(Besides we all know the BNP lot like it better up in bucks)

8. BridgeMonkee

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just spoke with celery in fact, gave him the result. Celery is more your acid house kinda hooligan :)

Speaking of Hoolies - Nice to know that GPK will be keeping his eye on that Hooligan Fernb.

Well, we got a good result tonight. 3 points away, good team spirit. Lampard was quiet, so my guess is that Dunn is a very good player. Gronks starting to look like a footballer. Gronks and Zenden both playing well would be real treat for us. Jimmy will find some form soon and then the goals will come.

The full backs are a little flaky. Babba and to a lesser extent Melchiot can throw it away at times. Le Saux will be fit most of the time, but for a few games this season we are going to have to be relying on Babba, so he better get better. At RB, maybe this New Frenchie can take up the challenge. Gallas won't be moving there. I expect to see Terry on the bench for a lot of the season, not that he should be, BUT CR will favour Desailly and Gallas in the middle methinks.

Stanic is about as good for the squad as Bogarde is.

I think we'll need to dip into the transfer market when the window opens and get a midfield player - at least one.

9. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I really would have liked to have seen that game in person, rather than radio "live", just to see how that git Morris played.

Radio is very unreliable for geting a view of what a player does.

Think i'll pop over to the official site for a while and back thread tru the game to find a few truths on him.

It would be great if he matured into the player that everybody thought he would be three years ago huh.Would answer our midfield problem for now.

Gronks, Zenden, De Lucas, Stanic and Baba our wide men in the middle.Baba when Le Saux comes back as he won't be left full anymore.Baba is actually a decent player if there is cover behind him.

Would rather have Zenden and De Lucas as the starters though and Gronks as a replacement for either (first choice) and if needed then Baba and Stanic as a last resort.

10. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Quotes from Ranieri

He is 'Gianfranco the Younger'. He has a mentality, a passion
    and a heart for the game, he wants to play well.
    "He has got a good feeling with the crowd and when he arrived for pre-season,
    he had already had a 'pre-season' at home. He arrived ready to play.
    "His second goal was a great finish, but all my players believed this victory
    was possible. When we were 2-1 down at half-time in the dressing room the guys
    all believed in the possibility of victory."
    Ranieri added: "It was very difficult for us because Blackburn are a good
    team and play good football, touch and move, they are very dangerous going
    forward.
    "But we are also in good condition and our mentality is to try to win."

11. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Yeah baby...yeah baby...YEAH!!!

Zola...you are the man...