888 thread part II

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by Shawn, Jul 17, 2002.

1. I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. All those stories? They're not true. Somebody made them up to uh, well, um, make me look bad. Yeah. Must get cuter waiters next week! And no curtseying waitresses! What was up with that?

2. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to Grendel for posting a link to a NY Times story on the US-Brazil game, as it had this in it:

With guarded optimism, Heinrichs senses a chance that MacMillan may be healthy enough to include her on the World Cup roster.

MacMillan accompanied the national team this weekend and drilled a shot from 35 yards in practice on Saturday with her surgically repaired leg. Chances are that MacMillan will not be sufficiently healed. Recovery time is usually six to eight months. But Heinrichs will give her every opportunity to recover, having postponed a deadline of Aug. 1 for selecting the roster.

"I think everybody in our camp is very encouraged by Shannon's physiology," Heinrichs said. "She looks great. She is doing some things at practice we're a little surprised she can do. We're holding our breath and hopeful. And we're also wise enough - and have been around the game long enough - to know pushing six months is tough. She's trying to push three."

And yet, Heinrichs added, "She's so positive that all of us are possibly being believers more than we are naysayers."

3. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    Okay, I think I need to start this journal off with a huge, and I mean HUGE, thank you to Kristina McVeigh, Lisa Bub, and Carrie Vincent for their donations to the "Shannon Mac Fine Relief Fund!!!" I was in the Spirit office today for films and I picked up all of my mail and almost fell over laughing when I opened the letters and saw the money from them. You guys are awesome and I really appreciate the gesture. No worries, you guys are the best fans and those other ones have nothing on you!!! I donated all of your money to "Save the Beach."

hahaha. Good job you guys.

4. Save the Beach & Mac's tail...

Haha, I mentioned it on the wusa.com boards, but I didn't mention it here - shame on me...

You guys are hilarious and I'm sad I couldn't get my money off in time! Awesome fans and friends; you all forever keep me laughing!

5. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    HA!!! She's great!

6. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    The burning question of the day . . . .

Is it little C (don't ask how she got the beads) who is trying to sell her bobblehead on ebay??

What's up with that??

7. For real, don't ask how I got the beads...

Awww, no, I wouldn't use Mac to make a profit! I just stole an extra bobblehead to give to Holly's niece! That is the only sin I've committed ;)...............Concerning the bobblehead.

8. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Christy gone wild . . . .

Thankfully, our bobbles came intact with all their eyebrows . . . . sucks to be Joe!

I added mine to my ever growing collection of memorabilia. I don't have the Lori Fair one, but I'm really glad that Shannon's didn't look all creepy like that one. What were those people thinking??

I think little Thrasher is probably still walking on air having hers signed. Ain't life grand?

9. Lets play word association! Ok, I'll start. Life = Soccer, Carrie = Come, Now you go!

That reminds me...does anybody else have an Aly Wagner Bobble that's ball isn't completely painted? Just the front? Maybe mine is defective, or just extra unique! Knowing me...it's defective. :p

Come on, Mac HAS to be working her way up on the Thrasher's list by now! She can be number one with teens and adults, but with a preteen she's hanging on by a fingernail! How exactly is that possible, may I ask? ;)

10. Re: Lets play word association! Christy = demented, er....staggered

Strikes me as funny that these are mutually exclusive! :D

11. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    Lets play word association: Convenient = I think not ; Lisa = Arnold & Chrissy

Shouldn't be a coincidence then as to why I got to do the "KID" sign and you got to do the one you did??

Convenient . . . . .

12. Re: Lets play word association: Joe = No eyebrows, Lisa = Taco Loco, Combover = OHHH

(Oh, I've got this one!)

...I think not.

and I believe I said "teenS", not "Teen"...but ok Carrie, I know how you like to play with your.....................words. Muhahaha ;) :p

13. Mac = cover girl --Search for Pseudo=Pulitzer - convenient=3 surfboards in La Jolla

Oh goody! Now everybody's starting to sound like me.

If you can't beat 'em............ Um, yeah.

AND.......ALL MAC FANS SHOULD BE VOTING HERE FOR SHANNON!!!!! http://www.freevote.com/booth/ynotgirl

14. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    allergy meds + 1 glass of wine = OMG!!! ; cookies = damn Elmo

Oh dear lord . . . now we all have to go around talkin' with some crazy twang??

Everyone be sure and vote for Mac. Again and again and again. You see the pattern.

15. Bigger than Dallas!!

Mac is creeping up behind Tomb Raider, so lets keep up the good work! Mac's popularity is obviously ::see title of post::

;) Right on.

16. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    Re: Bigger than Dallas!!

and creeped right over her.

17. Mmhmm...Tomb Raider = Billy Bob/Cambodia/Knives. Mac = SWEET!

More like...

KICKED HER ASS!! :p

18. 3 Crown & Cokes = a good start! // spring rolls = vegetable requirement fulfilled

Angelina is eating Mac's dust.

This registration stuff bites the big one.

19. Morton's = home of the hottie waiters!!!

Just a note from July's San Diego visit.....
    Checked out what Mac listed in 'the Best of San Diego' as her favorite restaurant. Okay, more obvious now that the kid is loaded. :D Good food, good bar, good atmosphere, good-looking waiters!!! Nice choice, Mac!

If anybody wants to try it, take lots of $$$$$$$$

20. Kentucky = adidas state +++ NY asst coach = HUBBA HUBBA

I'm shocked there hasn't been a reply about Arnold and Chrissy!!!

Any of you San Diego people know where I can find some VB? (Victoria Bitter) Tried Yard House -- negative. I miss my Aussie beer. :(

And to stay on topic: um, MAC rules!!! She probably drank VB in Sydney, because Foster's is nasty over there!

21. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    aly = huge loogie ; brandi = carrie look-a-like ; In-N-Out bribes = valet guys in L.J

Yeah, I'm kinda surprised by the no reply to Arnold and Chrissy. I guess 'ol Blab97 just doesn't want to play our little reindeer games!

Bitter b-a-b-y!! If you find it . . . I'll drive!

On topic: Yeah, Mac rules! First game back - September 1st!!

22. sdn8ve

sdn8ve New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    San Diego
    It's back to vote as much as you want... go vote!

Angelina is catching up quick!

23. sdn8ve

sdn8ve New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    San Diego
    It's over...

Sorry... that ended & it's back to registed voters again... EXCEPT you can only vote ONCE per MONTH!

24. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    The voting scenario changes daily and at various times throughout the day.

Be sure and check back to the site often and see what it's choosing to do at that given moment.

25. knm1172

knm1172 Member

Dec 22, 2000
    Valley of edible air
    . . . . gasp . . . .

Happy "EIGHT" "Teen" th Birthday Little C!

May it be wilder than the day you earned all those crazy beads!!

Enjoy!