8 Premiership Players Accused of Rape

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Coach_McGuirk, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    "F.77" - "Sorry to disappoint you......."

2. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I am surprised (?) that this thread has had over 200 viewings in about the last 2 hours.
    Could we all now get back onto talking about Arsenal and what concerns them, rather than the sordid sex antics of non Arsenal players?

3. MNGooner

MNGooner New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Minnesota
    Yes, please.

4. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Wow! Another 2500 viewings within a day!
    Lawyers for one of the players has tracked down one of the persons concerned in the naming of the players and contacted him and his place of employment, and are now threatening legal action. This is "unchartered territory" in law in relation to the internet.
    It will be interesting to see the fans reactions this week-end at the game where the clubs involved are playing, in respect of various songs being sung and chanted, and whether or not the alleged players actually play.
    "If only I wasn't watching Arsenal this Saturday"!!

5. the_red_devil

the_red_devil New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Ireland
    Who are the eight footballers?

It comes to my knowledge that the eight players in question come from the "JORDI LAND" 7 black players and one white. However in the match played at the "cockney land" had only got 5 black players in the "JORDI LAND" squad......

So this is another piece of information to show the rumours about this story, however i have the deepest sympathy for this poor girl, if indeed this story is true......

I also believe that the police are correct to not reveal the players names, look at people like John Leslie and certain people that are in the public limelight. Their careers are destroyed this doesnt need to happen to these players......

6. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That's because the other black players concerned are from a club in London who know the players from the northern club.

7. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    maybe this is just me, but what do black players have to do with anything? there are tons of black players in the EPL, so it's not like it narrows it down or anything. i just don't see why we are distinguishing between there being x black players and y white players involved. a rape is a f***ing rape no matter what race is involved

8. Rambler

Rambler New Member

May 6, 2003
    So she was gang raped by seven black players ? That will be good for race relations in this country.

Colour does have something to do with it. Well it seems to in everything else these days. Every form you have to fill in asks you what your ethnicity is for example.

9. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    ahh, fair enough. i wasn't thinking so much about the affect on the country. i'm sure this will set race relations back a few years if all this ends up being true

10. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    This little give and take here just jogged my memory: I was going to ask our friends in England if Arsenal had a higher number of black supporters since Arsenal does have quite a few black players on the team.

Forgive me if this sounds like some sort of racist question, it's not. It was simply watching the footage shown after the Newcastle game last Friday with Elaine James (the "Arsenal Screamer", as Sky calls her, who happened to be black) that the question of whether Arsenal had a larger percentage of black supporters than other clubs came to mind.

11. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    Actually, last year our own New York Times had an article on this issue. I pulled out the Sunday Sports Section and there's Our(as in Arsenal)own Ashley Cole duelling with El-Haji Diouf(curious timing this looking to Saturday morning)as the Times put together a rather detailed and reasoned report on efforts to reverse racism in English Football which noted Highbury as 'the kinder, gentler face of English soccer" and noted the number of minority players in the first team and as a whole. I have also heard elsewhere that statistically Arsenal have the largest following of minority supporters, and have noticed for years that far more minorities supporting Arsenal can be seen attending matches home and away than for any other Premiership club. I think staying in the top flight and the economic stability it brings have fostered an atmosphere that in recent years combined with the changes the Hillsborough Tragedy and Taylor(?) Report have brought on have driven most of the really racist and hooliganistic element out of regularly or even occasionally attending matches at Highbury and combined with the signing of numerous attractive and quality minority players has created an atmosphere far more friendly to minorities than at other grounds and other clubs which is something everyone associated with Arsenal can and should be proud of. I will not judge anyone because of what they feel personally about anybody even if may disagree and strongly even. Still we should be proud that Arsenal and its support have evolved beyond the support at other clubs we can each all name a couple of or more...

12. Montreux

Montreux New Member

May 26, 2003
    RI
    Could we stop bumping this post back up to the top of the forum? (Yes, I recognize the bassackwardness of what I am saying, but it was at the top of the forum when I posted this.) The last couple posts aside -- which are interesting, despite the dubious origin of the topic, but which could be in a separate thread -- this has nothing to do with Arsenal (fortunately). It's tragic, to be sure, and I shudder to think what the consequences will be if the allegations are true. But so far there is only speculation and insinuation, which does nobody any good. It seems to me that the right approach is to let the process run its course, rather than beating it over the head with third-hand innuendo. Of course it will be on all of our minds, for a number of reasons, not least of which are empathy for the victim and bewilderment at the way professional athletes regularly act. But posting and posting just seems to create an unseemly atmosphere. (I don't mean this in a legal sense, since I don't understand English laws relating to the privacy of those under investigation. I mean it in a civil sense, no pun intended.) If the authorities charge one or more players, then I presume it's open season on them and their club. Until then, I won't post any more on this topic.... My two cents.

13. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    No disrespect meant by replying, Montreux, but that was a really excellent post...well done, mate...

14. the_red_devil

the_red_devil New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    Ireland
    Whats the story Jeff

Hey Jeff, i cannot notice that you seem to know alot about this rapist footie players thingy. Maybe its different in Ireland , but we dont know much about.. could you send me an email to let me know the real story....

15. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the "Arsenal having lots of minorites" topic, I think that it's valid to point out that Arsenal are a flagship club in the "Kick out Racism" campaign. We do have a lot of minorities, but as I said in the England Rivalries forum: if they can play football, who cares what they look like or where they come from? [Michael Jackson]It doesn't matter if you're black or white[/Michael Jackson], but rape is rape, a horrible crime no matter what the perpetrators race.

16. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the "Arsenal having lots of minorites" topic, I think that it's valid to point out that Arsenal are a flagship club in the "Kick out Racism" campaign. We do have a lot of minorities, but as I said in the England Rivalries forum: if they can play football, who cares what they look like or where they come from? [Michael Jackson]It doesn't matter if you're black or white[/Michael Jackson], but rape is rape, a horrible crime no matter what the perpetrators race.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    full marks to arsenal because that club is one in which many minorities will root for and put up the money to attend their matches because they feel that they will not be sujected to insensitive comments from jerks in the stands with them, they feel comfortable in the stadium and the surroundings because the club makes them feel like its a place they will be accepted. most of my mates are arsenal fans for football reasons but also that feeling that they wont look out of place at highbury. how many minorities do you see at elland road or elsewhere. arsenal done good.