8 Days Till Exhibition Kick Off!

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by Battra, Mar 18, 2010.

1. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean this RBNY Training Complex? Yeah it never got Done and they are still seeking out some alternative plans.

As for the Gals they train on one of the practice fields at Cal State Dominguez Hills.

2. F.C. Lurker

F.C. Lurker New Member

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google "the best soccer training facility." Wake Forest has a different opinion than yours. Would you like to qualify your statement again?

Let me guess, "well, the Wiz has the best soccer training facility in the nation among facilities that don't provide vistors locker rooms and doesn't include facilities of nationally ranked college soccer programs.":rolleyes:

3. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of that I'm quite well aware, and I cannot wait. :)

I'm already rallying the troops who don't know that they're footy fans just yet!!

4. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering I'm the OP, I'm aware. :)

5. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did Google it and no where do I see Wake Forest. I then tried to track down the information on the Wake Forest official site and couldn't find anything.

Maybe you can backup your random claims with more than you have already and then we can have a discussion that is more than me posting links to facts and you spouting opinion out of your ass.

oh and google isn't a very good reference nor is wikipedia

6. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm highly amused we are this big of a threat to KC before our first real game.

7. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'll bite since i have to everyone else- what threat are you? You mean because I scrolled down my left bar and found your team forum on a website I post on regularly? I don't live in Kansas City and I am the only person from this "side" posting......I root for your team because we badly need a rival, but as most Wizards already assume you guys will shun us and chase a Chicago rivalry while they don't care about you. Sure I chuckled when STL didn't get a MLS team straight away but at this point it is an utter failure not just on MLS but on STL as well that the fans haven't been rewarded.

8. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well....we already have had one employee of the Wizards on here running down our organization, and our facilities in a trollish fashion. It was probably just me jumping to conclusions...but hey bring it on by all means.

9. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    trollish?

you guys are going to need thicker skin if you are going to survive in the world of bigsoccer.

10. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's more than just that. He's been coming on stltoday as well. Trust me on this

11. F.C. Lurker

F.C. Lurker New Member

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you should learn how to type. Try again, "the best soccer training facility." It is the first link.
    If you have trouble typing, try these:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q="the+best+soccer+training+facility"&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

First link.

And...

http://www.blastsoccerclub.org/Wakeforestsoccercamp.pdf

Top of page two, fifth sentence, under the heading "Jay Vidovich's Soccer Camp."

If you still have trouble communicating with your computer you can PM me your mailing address and I would be happy to print it out and mail it to you. :D

I completely agree with what you said about Wikipedia. If I EVER use that as a source, you have my permission to waterboard me for ten seconds with medical personnel standing nearby.

I haven't seen the link to the source you said you supplied that espouses the greatness of the Wiz training facility (or as I am going to call it, WTF!). Please share for those of us who are too lazy to track it down.:)

12. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That dude's an interesting case study in something...that's for sure.

I don't think we have to worry, we in America will never get to Big Soccer...<sigh>

13. F.C. Lurker

F.C. Lurker New Member

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and another thing...how is it "the best soccer training facility" has table tennis in the players meeting room and not a proper foosball table?:p

14. jstats

jstats Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Oakville, MO (south
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about a pinball machine????

15. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so you added quotations and suddenly it became the first link- did you see the second link? This thread- FTL - you linked me to the Wake Forest promotional soccer camp flier as a reference to it being "the best soccer training facility"

You're pulling my leg right? This is borderline tragic in reality.

16. F.C. Lurker

F.C. Lurker New Member

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks as if you've forgotten to take your meds (risperidone, aripiprazole, quetiapine, and/or olanzapine). Pop some pills and come back when you start making sense.:cool:

17. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly don't know what your argument is I'm beginning to believe you might just be a beaker, which I have already reached my limit of in this lifetime.

18. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok, as amusing as this little bitch fest has been can we get back to talking about AC St Louis preseason exhibition matches. I'm a supporter of both teams, and I love the idea of rivalry but my support goes to my hometown STL. So, morry were you at the game between the two? If so, what was your impression on ACSTL? If you weren't there, have you heard anything about the team or any of the players?

19. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was there, and I'll try to be as honest with these remarks as possible. St. Louis did not look very good at all going forward. Their best chance came from a poor header back to the goalkeeper by Besler and then after Nielsen got caught out the guy that was played the ball in the box with one guy on him turned and fired well over the goal. Other than that ACSTL did not test Nielsen at all really. All the rest of your shots were tame and from distance easily taken by Nielsen.

You guys were organized on defense, though, the highlights in the video were KC's only real dangerous chances all game. But KC dominated possession for much of the game.

20. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the info. If you guys are coming to St.Louis for the game, let me know if you have any questions on the area (restaurants, bars, hotels, etc) and I'd be happy to help you out. (you can pass that along if you'd like)

21. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    My biggest problem is you don't hear or see anything in the media about the team. Even most youth coaches I speak with aren't even aware of the Wizards-AC STL game on April 3rd.

You would think they would make a huge push with this game since an MLS team is coming to town. To my knowledge, the last time we saw a KC-STL pro outdoor soccer game was back in the 1993 when the Ambush hosted the KC Attack at SLU on the old turf field. That game drew more than 3,000 and completely packed the stands, which at that time, were only on 1 side. The Ambush won the game either 4-0 or 4-1. As I recall, even the great NEBO was in uniform for the Ambush in a tryout.

22. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, that's my biggest complaint as well, their marketing/pr department is lacking big time. They are trying a little with facebook and the in person showings and events, and the little tiny ads in the Sports Page of the Post, but I still think it isn't enough. SLU basketball probably does more marketing then ACSTL does, IMO.

23. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a complaint that I couldn't agree with more.

They're doing is a, excuse the vernacular, shit-tacular-ass job.

Granted, Cooper doesn't do very well with the Bandits either...though he did get a popular DJ to work the games...he's just a chud....who once touched my favorite game worn jersey...

24. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm actually not so worried, news coverage only comes with time from my experience. At least, with Athletica, we were lucky to get a three-second blurt about each game until we started winning about two months into the season - at which point we also proved we had an established fan base. We also made a big deal early on about e-mailing the different TV stations to ask for coverage, and later we e-mailed to thank them when they did have coverage.

25. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will AC St. Louis be the same?

They're a minor league team and the Athletica are the highest level of women's soccer.

There's a difference here....the Grizzlies and the Rascals get no play. The Otters got almost no play. The Vipers, ditto. The Stampede, of course not, Ambush/Steamers/Storm nope, etc.