8/26 Wycombe - QPR [R]

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Captain Splarg, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final
    Wycombe 4 - 1 QPR.

This was one of the most entertaining matches i have been to in quite a while. Wycombe took the lead midway through the first half with a good finish by Faulconbridge. In i believe the 38'th min the first red card of the night appeard to a QPR player, i think he wore the 8 shirt. It was for elbowing a wycombe player in the head, i was right in front of this... red was spot on.

A clever bit of play outside the Wycombe box saw a QPR player get through on goal and calmly finish before halftime.

The 2'nd half was just comical. Andy Rammell put Wycombe back in front on a corner. With just under 15 minutes left the fun really started. Rammell and some QPR guy (black guy on his serior debut i believe) got into it a bit and both were dismissed. A minute later Danny Senda had a bad tackle on one of your wingers. It was now 9v9. I don't remember when the other 2 Wycombe goals were scored, but oh well.... sometime in the 2'nd half.

What a cracking match though.

2. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Entertaining for you, maybe.

It's hard to take anything away from a match that ends with 18 players on the pitch, but it sounds like everything fell Wanderers' way. Thanks for the firsthand report Captain.

3. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, am I glad I wasn't able to listen to that one!

5. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Terrible defending by the R's. Rob Styles - horrid referreeing yet again. Bircham red was probably right - but dont know why the Wycombe player didnt go with him. Bean's sending off was due to a ref with ZERO control of the match. They're final sending off - horrific tackle! Whoever that was should be banned for 5 matches.

Have to beat Plymouth this weekend.