8/17: Freedom v Charge [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Aug 17, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Let's get this mofo on!!!

Good luck to both teams!

WAR
    FREEDOM!!!

Looks like Anne Makinen and Ann Cook are starting today in the midfield.

YIKES! :eek: Liu Ailing in the first minute had a somewhat decent chance to put the Charge on the board. :eek:

-------------

Ugh. 5th minute. Charge knocking on the door right now. They have already had several shots already.

Damnit. 7th minute. Bai Jie heads one over the crossbar.

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    20th minute. Jeezus. Wambach booked for running over Melissa Moore in the 18. Moore went to pick up the ball inside the 18 and Wambach was on a full sprint and just rams into her.

21st minute. :confused: Bai Jie didn't get called for a foul on that? Oh well.

24th minute. Charge really taking it to the Freedom lately. Charge cornerkick .... Pichon ends up fouling. Blah blah blah.

Temps on the field are in the 120 degree range. Ouch. Both teams are gonna be sucking wind in the second half. Pichon has already had several chances already.

28th minute. Philly really making the Freedom defenders work around the 18. Ugh.

The Freedom offense really hasn't done much so far.

OK turn off the music you *********************s! It's Beastie Boys now.

Oh yeah...Vaginova is no where near being a sellout it looks like. Go figure.

32nd minute. HUGE SAVE by Siri. Kerry Connors pretty much 1 v 1 with Siri. Fires a shot from about 7 yards out and Siri blocks it and Carrie Moore clears it. Then Mandy Clemens tries to loft one in but it goes over the crossbar.

33rd minute. Philly dominating this match so far.

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    33rd minute...Ann Cook takes a long range shot and the Philly crossbar makes the save..rebound goes out....results in Freedom throw in...eventually cleared out by the Charge.

A very action packed match in the first half. We're at the 38th minute now. 120 degrees on the fake stuff at Vaginova. And now we are listening to the Ramones over the loudspeakers. :rolleyes: IMNSHO, Philly has been dominating this match and keeping the Freedom on their heels. So I really don't know who is gonna be more tired in the second half. I would guess the Freedom cuz it's always tougher to defend than it is to attack. Ahh..but Mia will be coming in so she'll be on the field with fresh legs while most players are drained.

40th minute...Jen Grubb with the freekick...results in Washington corner. Nada.

4. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lets use this one

No score at 37 min mark a LOT of action.

Philly carrying most of the play but Washington has had a LOT of chances too. Bai Jie is a wild woman today!!!!

Washington has hit the bar twice.

5. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks Fear *Mumbles* stupid pax...

6. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello? Oh god... my local FearM9 affiliate has cancelled it's coverage too! GODDAMNIT!!!!!!

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    45th minute. Freedom in the final moments of the first half trying to get on the board....in and around the Charge 18....

Halftime now.

8. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    THe game is moving so fast that it is impossible to even try, at least for me. to type and watch.

A lot of near chances but no goals.

First half over 0-0

9. SomebodyOrOther

SomebodyOrOther BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 8, 2002
    Over here!
    GO FREEDOM

Can't believe Cookie's starting. She must heal crazy fast.

Washington is making me crazy with the backpassing when they're in the attacking third and end up sending the ball all the way back to Mullinix (who then boots it out of bounds). I know we see this from the Freedom a lot (well, maybe not the booting it out of bounds part), but against Philly it's making me extra nervous!

10. SunnyJah

SunnyJah New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    depends on the season
    yes, the backpassing is bothering me too- especially by mak- who i don't think is feeling very confident this afternoon.
    go seer-dawg- she's kicking butt- nice try by cookie-- remincient of one she almost had at the finals last year...

mak is out game starting.

go freedom!!

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Second half underway.

Hamm in for Makinen. Sooooo does Mia play in mid or is she up top with Bai Jie and Abby?

12. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is the second half off now?

13. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    OK 2nd half start and I get a REAL terror attack. I suddenly see "Searching for satalite on all my receivers.

Heart jumps but the signal comes back in 20 seconds. It was a VERY intense little rain storm that is alread ended.

Looked like a rain that would have been 4 inches in an hour but it only lasted 45 seconds.

14. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Looks as though Mia is playing in the center of the midfield.

48th minute...Mia making a run down the near side...takes a shot from about 20 yards out..save by Moore.

Damn.

15. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well now you have a piece of what I am feeling now!!!!!! :(

16. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    53nd minute. Uhhhh. Abby was booked for a foul on Kerry Conners at midfield. Uhhhh I thought Abby was booked for running over Moore in the first half. Doesn't that mean she has to come off the field now? What am I confused about?

17. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A little, maybe, but MY local PAX is carrying the game and I "can" switch to cable to watch it.

I have made REAL sure that I get to see the game.

One of my nearby neighbors has Dish Network so if something happend to both DTV and my cable I could drive 5 minutes and watch with them.

Hi, my name is FanOfFutbol and I am a soccerholic....

Abby get a card, more for a series of fouls than for any one foul. She is a little out of control right now.

Still neitherteam is showing control of the game.

A LOT of offense that is stopped at the last second by good defense.

18. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    She was not booked for the earlier foul, just talked to.

19. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    55th minute. Mia over the hill? I think not. Almost had a damn breakaway on the near side...ball going towards the endline...Mia couldn't catch up with it.

Both keepers are in the zone today.

20. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    I thought she was given the yellow for that. That is a caution right?

21. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    58th minute...Charge corner...ends up being a throw in for the Charge on the near side.

Mo Gerardo in for Ann Cook.

59th minute...Tietjen to take the throw in from near side...into the six...headed away by Pu Wei.. Mia on a full sprint with Zhao Lihong...Lihong fouls Mia outside the 18...freekick from just beyond the 18....wall setting up...Mia placing the ball down...three woman wall...Mia to take it...ugh...over the endline.

22. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    No, no yellow for the foul on Moore. A VERY firm talking to was given. That fould is what really got her the yellow, two "Talking to" fouls equals one yellow.

The so called foul on Hamm was a BAD error by the ref the leg was low and the ball was hit first. A decent ref lets play on and gives the cornet. THE REF IS AN IDIOT!!

One of Hamm's worst free kicks ever results, misses badly. Justice, I guess.

23. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is their anyone, even Mia, in the WUSA roght now that can create more with no help than Pichone?

She looks dangerous every time she is within 15 yards of the ball!

24. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 3 pm hour is approaching...will my local pax station air the game...or not!!! GOOD GOD PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAY FOR ME FEAR AND FOF... LOL....I'M SERIOUS!!!

25. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Just another sign that this match is fixed. :rolleyes: I thought Lihong didn't play the ball. Maybe I missed that.

So far Philly has had 8 corner in this match and all 8 have resulted in diddly squat.

We are in the 65th minute now. This better not go into OT cuz I won't have room on my tape.

66th minute. Stacy Tullock comes in for Kerry Conners.

Damn Abby better watch it.