8/12: KC vs. Columbus Crew Pregame Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by IowaBoy, Aug 11, 2006.

1. IowaBoy

IowaBoy Member

Jul 23, 2003
    Des Moines
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured I'd start this since nobody else has. Bout time for KC to get a win, especially since...

I'll actually be in attendance along with Mrs. IowaBoy and a relative of mine who lives in the area.
    What time do all of you tailgaters go into the stadium? Our tix are at Will Call and I was thinking we might try to stop by and meet some people face to face if we're there in time.

A loss puts us in the basement of the East, and a win along with a Chicago loss would put us in third. Let's goooooooo Wizards.

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Columbus is a guaranteed 3 points. I didn't even think we needed a thread.

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    If we don't win this game, well I'll......I'll......I'll.....

I don't know, but we better win this game.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we're going on almost 2 months without a win in league, and we're playing last place Columbus. Now as good a time as any.

5. shazamfan

shazamfan New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    I seriously can't believe that I'm not going to be there. We all know we're gonna win, we hope sooo anyways...But, there must be an agreement that even if we win, I can still come back to the Cauldron.

Gooo Wizz

6. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm not even going to be able to watch the game cuz I'm going on a lake/camping trip. I've actually been thinking of buying that mobile text messages thing they are advertising so I can follow it while I'm drinking in a pontoon boat.

EDIT: As stagnant as our offense is, I wonder if Burciaga is going to end up the high scorer for us with a total of 5 goals? Maybe Columbus at home will give us an opportunity to actually finish. I'd love to see a hattrick here but God knows that's not going to happen.

7. D.T.Wizard

D.T.Wizard New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Overland Park,Ks.
    don't say that out loud you damned jynx. :)

8. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Like I said...

9. shazamfan

shazamfan New Member

Jun 10, 2006
    freakin gooooo wizzzzz