7/31: Charge v Cyberrays PBP [R]

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by FearM9, Jul 31, 2002.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Alright clones this game is on in a couple of hours. Figured I might as well start this up before the Freedom match.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE RESULTS OF THE OTHER TWO MATCHES TONIGHT!!!!

Anyone get the latest SIW yet? Mitts is in there. She looks like a skanky ass whore. :D :eek: I like it!!!

2. TishaVench15

TishaVench15 New Member

Sep 29, 1999
    Florida
    Is her tattoo real? If anything, she should have gotten a GATOR! :D

Thanks for doing the PBP, Fear! You da man.

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Re: Re: 7/31: Charge v Cyberrays PBP [R]

Oh I'll try to find out and give everyone a report! :eek::eek:

Man...FearM9 ex-GF's are all over the latest SIW. On the cover...in ads...in article. Jeez.

=================

EDIT

Pregame stuff is on now.

I have finally put on some pants.

4. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Well here we go...another big match tonight.

I need a Coke. Ehhh make that a Vanilla Coke.

Hate to say this but I want the Cyberrays to win but I realize this screws up what I really want to happen.

Well finally Mandy Clemens is back on the starting 11 tonight.

SOB I'm hungry!!!

5. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Philadelphia Charge -- Maite Zabala, Andrea Alfiler, Karyn Hall, Jennifer Tietjen, Jenny Benson, Kerry Connors, Michelle Demko, Lorrie Fair, Stacey Tullock, Mandy Clemens, Tara Koleski.

TOTAL SHOTS: 0; SHOTS ON GOAL: 0; FOULS: 0; OFFSIDES: 0; CORNER KICKS: 0; SAVES: 0

San Jose CyberRays -- LaKeysia Beene, Danielle Borgman, Thori Bryan, Brandi Chastain, Kelly Lindsey, Lisa Nanez, Sissi, Pretinha, Tisha Venturini-Hoch, Katia, Christina Bell.

TOTAL SHOTS: 0; SHOTS ON GOAL: 0; FOULS: 0; OFFSIDES: 0; CORNER KICKS: 0; SAVES: 0

==========

Wow....I hear chanting in Spartan. NICE!!!!!!!!!

Clemens and TK up top for the Charge. Uhhh didn't catch the Cyberrays linup. Cyberrays going left to right. Let's get this mofo going!!!!

=========

I'm not at all familiar with either team so just keep that in mind.

Melissa Moore is not in between the pipes tonight. Idaho girl Maite Zabala is getting the starting nod.

2nd minute....Chastain on far side sends in ball to Katia...Zabala comes out with the save.

I'm hearing drums!!!

6. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    3rd minute....

Pretinha, suprise, is down at the center circle...Tullock was the one that brought her down....

Both teams really just pinging it around...no shots on goal this early in the match...

Borgmann going down the near side..tries to lay off a pass to Katia in the 18...intercepted by some Charge player.

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Apparently I'm the only one here....

I think one of the Brasilians tried to lay off a pass to Bell but Zabala comes up with an easy snag.

6th minute...Katia, suprise, rolling around on the field.

Up to this point no real possession by either team. A pass here and there and then results in a turnover.

8. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Fear,
    I am here as well but I am also trying to follow the Atlanta game on match tracker. I KNOW NO RESULTS OF THAT GAME HERE!!

However match tracker has not even started yet.

9. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    7th minute Tullock sends a ball from midfield...don't know who it was meant for...Beene off her line and picks it up...

8th minute...Clemens wins a throw in deep in Cyberrays territory...short throw in...Koleski at endline...gets it out to someone...ends up going to Connors....Beene with the save.

9th minute....ehhh ping ping ping.

10. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looks funny to have just seen a game end under lights and it is 10:15 here and there is bright sun in San Jose.

That foul on Prtenia(sp) could have been red, it was a VERY sloppy uncalled for foul.

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    9th minute...Beene off to Borgmann who gives it to a Charge player...Sandra Hunt books Pretinha for taking down Benson on near side...Pretinha takes out Benson's legs from behind.

Benson with the freekick...uhhh no gave it to someone else...:confused:

Connors with throw in from far side deep in Cyberrays territory...end up sending it over the endlikne...Cyberrays goalkick. So far a snoozer of a match.

12. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    12th minute...broken record...ping ping ping...

Ehhh Beene prevents the corner but concedes the throw in deep...heading aoround open net....Beene...uhhhh....open net....open net...NADA by the Charge...was that Fair that couldn't find the back of the net?!!?!?!

Charge corner....far post..curls over the endline.

13. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looks like keystone cops playing soccer. THere were so many mistakes and poor plays and miskicks in 15 seconds that I almost fell off my chair laughing.

14. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Lorrie Fair shoulda made it 1-0 now. Open net. Yeah she had a defender sorta on her but she sent the ball across the six and not directly at the goal. WTF was she thinking!?!?

14th minute...ping ping ping.

Zabala can't punt can she?

Sissi sends in the freekick from uhhh that far...Zabala beyond the six is able to get her hands on it.

15. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Seriously what was Lorrie Fair thinking. YOU HAD AN OPEN NET YOU TOOL!!!!!!!

FoF is right...this ain't good soccer. Ping ping ping turnover turnover.

16th minute...freekick from midfield...Koleski was the target...ends up being a Charge corner......who the hell is going to take it???? Corner goes high and across the six...Beene skys and grabs it.

God I hate when they mic up the coaches and interview 'em. Distracting.

Foul on Thori Bryan...Charge freekick that far out...like I have any clue how far.....uhhh what happened there...ended up being a Cyberrays throw in from the far side. Oh well.

16. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    May not be good but it is funny!!!

I kind of ecpect an own goal by someone the way this thing is going. The players sure cannot seem to hit the face of the gaol where they are suposed to shoot, maybe they will on their own goal.

17. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    18th minute. How many times has the damn whistle blown so far? Either for a foul or offside.

Long ball tactic by Cyberrays ain't working. *shrugs shoulders*

19th minute....Cyb errays attacking up the middle....turnover to the Charge.

Just noticed Borgman has her knee taped up something fierce.

20th minute...ping ping ping turnover turnover. :rolleyes:

Sissi sends a long ball to a streaking Pretinha...onside...Zabala out of the 18 backpeddles back into the 18 and snags it.

21st minute...ping ping ping turnover turnover.

18. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    21st minute...Charge throw in from their own defensive third...

Ehhh Charge on the attack...far side....Koleski trying to shield the ball near endline...uhhh Cyberrays goalkick I guess.

The first goal of this match will happen cuz of a defensive miscue.

So far neither team really able to hold the ball well and build up a decent attack...turnover turnover turnover.

23rd minute...Koleski tries to juke Chastain on far side of 18...up goes the ball....Beene able to walk over and get it.

19. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    24th miknute...Sissi takes the ball away...leading the attack up the middle...lays off a pass to Mrs. Corky...Vench fires a shot that goes high..Charge goalkick.

Cyberrays dancing in their offensive third now...Chastain tries to send it in with her left foot...blocked by a Charge player...Charge throw in I think.

Ping ping ping turnover turnover

20. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kind of repeating ourselves are we not.

21. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    26th minute...Katia just beyond the 18...goes up for a header...Hall of the Charge runs her over from behind. No call.

27th minute..Zabala can't save this one...Cyberrays corner...Sissi to take it..goes far post...Katia heads it wide left.

22. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Well hell that's all that's going in this damn match.

Someone needs to streak at Spartan! :D

I hate some of the camera shots. Just show the damn field you idiots!!!

29th minute...Charge .... uhh nevermind...turnover.

29th minute. Ouch. Bell fouled hard by Koleski. Looks like Koleski's leg trips up Bell. Bell is up. Bell is cute!!!

30th minute...throw in deep..Chastain to throw it in..out to Pretinah...ball ends up going to Sissi..she cracks a shot...block by Benson...another throw in for the Cyberrays...blah blah blah. Charge goalkick.

23. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I wonder why they insist on caling players "feisty"

It comes from the old English "fiest" which means "To break wind."

24. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    31st minute...you'd think that by now both teams would have settled into a rhythm but that is not the case so far.

32nd minute....throw in deep for the Cyberrays farside...Chastain..taken away by the Charge..another trhow in...Sissi...wow...beating her defenders...Cyberrays corner...short corner....goes out to Brandi top of 18...she fires a shot right at Zabala...bobbles..the ball is behind her...she picks it up. Damnit!!!

25. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    33rd minute...OK maybe the Cyberrays have found their groove...Katia beats a Charge player...Katia wins the corner.

Short corner...goes out to Chastain...back to Borgmann...sends in long ball to Katia on near post...Katia gets off a weak shot...save Zabala.

I sneezed and I'm in pain!