7/29/02: Forecast

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by GPK, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harsh stuff on the Revs.

When Zenga, who was described thusly:

"...By then, the surly Zenga had alienated almost everyone in the organization, from players to ticket takers, giving him little leg to stand on. But little seems to have changed in Foxboro."

is pointed to as a high point of the franchise, things are indeed dire. Although, I dug the Zenga era Revs.

How much time does Nicol have? Or more importantly, where in the hell is that self-apppointed genius Sunil Gulati? I haven't heard a word from that guy in months. Isn't he supposed to be in charge of all things Kraft Soccer?

2. YanksFC

YanksFC Member

Feb 3, 2000
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    After reading the Herald article, I have to say that I feel more for Revs fans that ever before. You guys REALLY have a raw deal there. Props to you for remaining supportive of the fiasco that gets put on the pitch every year.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    aye, rev fans have suffered

4. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And while rumors of a New England hex and Babe Ruth's ghost taking the form of a footie ghoul have been in vogue, it's apparent that what it comes down to is total and complete incompetency, from top to bottom, basically since the beginning.

10 people at a practice? Wasn't one of the reasons we have 4 developmental players was to have enough fresh bodies to practice with? And screwing Semedo out of a deal 'cause he couldn't read a contract? Nice. Real class. I hope Semedo's lawsuit - if he's even filed one yet - is successful (no doubt it will be settled out of court). It's one thing to low ball MLS players on contracts; it's quite another to cheat them out of their deal.

And all because he got injured in a charity match no less!!

And imagine what NE attendance would be if it was a model franchise, which it should be. Average attendance approaching or even above 20,000, easy.

5. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Nicol seems to be a "system" guy, that is, he has a system he'd like to play and puts players in based on how they play that system.

It would seem to me, however, that when last year's league MVP doesn't fit into that "system" and instead is replaced by Ian Fuller in the lineup because you want to play a "target man" (where have we heard this before, Olympics fans?) then you need to rethink your devotion to the "system" instead of just trying to get the best 11 out there.

So I don't think he necessarily has that much time left. That said, the Revs front office hasn't shown that they have the ability to get the right guy in charge there.