7/2 USA v Paraguay: Post-Match [R]

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by NoodlesMacintosh, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matabala

matabala Member+

Sep 25, 2002
    I know of a decent Remedial Soccer 101 class. You might consider continuing education at this point.

2. peridigm

peridigm Member

Apr 19, 2007
    MD
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am happy as D.C. will get Boswell and Olsen and back.

3. FW__

FW__ Member+

Jun 23, 2006
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed and we have been for a sometime. Would qualifying be harder? Sure. But Argentina and Brazil are the only SA sides that are definitely better than our "A" side.

4. dsnipes1

dsnipes1 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    did anyone else watch this match abroad? and if so, what did the announcers say about our team? i live in seoul and the korean announcers gush about johnson. during the argentina match, they continually discussed how he was our best player on the field and was very dangerous. and today, they heaped plenty of praise on him for his runs off the ball, work rate (when he chased back into midfield to stop a counter-attack), passing, and pretty much everything. they think johnson is a fantastic player. they also think that feilhaber is a great player. they loved his pass to johnson against argentina that led to the penalty. and they thought his possession of the ball and passing today was great.

from what i know, it seems that others around the world have a great impression of johnson. i've heard other announcers from other countries praise him quite a bit as well, and talk about him as our most dangerous forward. have others noticed this too?

5. j.fisher

j.fisher So Much Better

May 3, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brazil taking their B- team is equal to the U.S. taking out A team. Comparing them taking one to us taking the other is pretty silly.

6. Scorpion26

Scorpion26 Member

May 1, 2007
    NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I am tired, and lazy I would like to know what the formation was for the US, and Paraguay. I missed the game, because I was playing some basketball, and also a quick small review of the game. Which American player played much better this time around?

7. DCM

DCM New Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Takoma Park, MD
    With their established "A" team, yes, in 1995, one year before MLS.

8. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team that made the semis was in 1995, the year before MLS existed. And the US took their best players.

9. Bo Schembechler

Bo Schembechler New Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Chicago
    I think one thing the game really showed us is this:

Taylor Twellman needs to get his ass to Europe asap! All that natural talent is going to waste. We need someone to groom him in Serie A or la liga

10. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States