6/29 United vs Chicago Post Match Press [R]

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Hunter R

Hunter R New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Me, Myself and I
    Club:
    DC United
    I didn't see the game but from the reports posted here, that goal where Prideaux botched the pass to Boz wasnt Boz's fault... but he is still taking responsibility for it.

Admirable for a rookie. Leadership potential in his first season in MLS. Nice. (not being sarcastic)

2. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really liking Boswell more and more. He's handling the pressure of holding our defense together pretty well for a rookie, not to mention all the attention he's been getting from the press and the fan attention.

Glad to see Nana get some good playing time, he definitely deserves it after his incredible performance in the reserve league.

3. Hunter R

Hunter R New Member

Jul 7, 2003
    Me, Myself and I
    Club:
    DC United
    If Nana scores another goal this weekend, it is gonna be mighty hard for Tino or Esky to break into being a starter again (or just load up the midfield).

What position was Nana playing yesterday anyway?

4. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, it seems to depend on the report. I listened to Kenn Tomasch's broadcast, and he very clearly fingered Bos for the goof. Of course, both he and the newspaper could be wrong, and it could have been Prideaux' fault. Or maybe the other broadcast feed were wrong, and Tomasch and the paper are right. Dunno.

EDIT: Actually, it seems the paper fingers both. Hell, I dunno. Would have liked to have seen it.

5. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Agree totally. One of the great qualities of Nelsen was that he he was willing to admit mistakes and take responsibility, even when it may not have been his to do. Having done that, he simply moves on and picks up his game next time out.

I feel like I'm seeing the same types of qualities in Boswell. I think he's earning respect in large amounts with his performance both on and off the field.

6. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    When else did Nana play in a League game? I remember him in a friendly last year, but I don't recall any other games he played in (much less started).

-dave

7. cherno

cherno New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Charlottesville, VA
    That, my friends, IS a leader. I like this kid more and more as the season goes on.

Cherno

8. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boz is quickly becoming a fave of mine.

9. Diceson

Diceson Member

Dec 21, 1999
    Boswell is hitting the Rookie Wall. As much as you might like his accepting responsibility he's been been making mistakes.

Remember, at this point he has played more games that mattered in less time than any other point in his career. He needs to sit for a couple of games, regroup mentally and physically, then come back on. The same can be said for rookie defenders Parkhurst up in NE, or Ihmelu in LA.

Of course, that leaves the big question, Stokes? or maybe Arena?

10. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    I wish Prideaux wasn't hitting the rookie wall as well! After a fine start to the season he's erratic again.

11. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    I think that Nana played against Dallas the day we borrowed Gannon(?) from the minor league team in VA. But I could be wrong. I also think that Nana played in the Open Cup match against Richmond last year too.

12. gnat

gnat New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Thanks. I think you are right about the Open Cup now that you mention it, don't remember about the Burn game.

-dave

13. TCompton

TCompton Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Alexandria
    Here's the post-match press from United's site. "Thin United falls hard in Dallas" If you had forgotten about the game, you may be better off not reading the article.

I remember seeing Garlon Cannon's jersey at the equipment sale last year and they had spelled his name as Gannon. Poor guy. His one shot to make an impression and he can't even get his name spelled correctly.