5-9-09, vs Portland Timbers-Offical Match Thread

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by FamousGreenArmy108, May 6, 2009.

1. FamousGreenArmy108

FamousGreenArmy108 New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    well guys, maybe the weather will be better, hopefully the quality of play as well, and doubtfully the refs will be better. Who's in, who's out? I'm in, along with some other people. Prediction=City 2, Lumberjacks 1. City to get a thrilling first win. COME ON CITY!!!!!

2. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Columbus season tickets as well, so The Crew> City, at this particular time.
    CMON THE CITY!

3. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I plan to be there. Worked out a deal with the wife. I can go to any City match that's on Saturday evening, 'cuz that's when she usually loses me to soccer anyway. Any game that's at another time may require additional... negotiation. :D

------RM

4. FamousGreenArmy108

FamousGreenArmy108 New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    C-Town
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    you gunna be with the Army?

5. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll try to watch, not sure how awake I'll be. I'm heading to Berlin on Saturday for Hertha-Bochum.

If I'm not watching on USL Live, I'll be there in spirit as always.

6. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tailgate on for this week? Same time as last week or maybe start a bit earlier?

7. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll try to stop by, but I don't know if I'm ready to do the standing-shouting-singing thing for the whole match. (Not to mention that I don't know if my back will take it.)

Didn't our coach used to work for Portland? Any interesting undercurrents there?

------RM

8. Shannbo5150

Shannbo5150 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Sarawak
    Nat'l Team:
    Swaziland
    Since it's not mentioned on the official site, Max Cream is out with a sprained ankle for 4 weeks minimum after jamming his foot into the rubber grass and feeling it grab. The team has two new additions who will be suited up, I'll be watching the USL-Live feed and I expect better than has passed.

9. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think a lot of us are resigned to the fact that this is going to be a rebuilding year. (Odd to have a rebuilding year right after winning a championship, but thus are the ways of American soccer.) I will be happy to see us move forward one step at a time. The first step is for the team to stop beating itself.

------RM

10. LordRobin

LordRobin Member+

Sep 1, 2006
    Akron, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cleveland City Stars cunning plan to beat Portland almost worked!

Step 1: Play 90+ minutes in your own, thus lulling the opposing keeper into a sleepy stupor.

Step 2: With stoppage time about to run out, rush the Portland keeper and try to chip the ball over his head.

It almost worked!

Man, did our keeper earn his pay tonight or what? As for the Portland keeper, I think I saw him reading a magazine and munching some chips.

------RM

11. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we didn't have a single SoG or corner. Pretty pathetic. I don't know how he missed that chip though. He totally had him beat and then sent the chip sailing 15 yds wide of the goal. But, hey, we got a point. Better than nothing.

12. clevelandstoker

Aug 12, 2004
    Youngstown, OH
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Note to self: Do not watch Stars games on STO with sound on.

13. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch the game because I went to it? What was so bad? Was it Duerr? The other guy?