5/28 US vs England US Supporter Info

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Bigdog, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Fireball_Dan

Fireball_Dan New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Palos Park, IL
    Darn! I got handball that night.

2. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    I was told that they broke 40 on Monday.

3. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    For sure on The Globe on weekend nights.

4. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    I've seen forecasts that it will rain and forecasts that it will be sunny. I think unlike the Poland game, the crowd will largely pro-US, which should make for a really good time when GAM lights up David James for a couple.

5. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    The current forecast is predicting clearing on Friday night and fair weather for the game. It will be a bit breezy, in the low sixties with wind off the lake. Traffic will be awful especially from 1 PM on. ALLOW EXTRA TIME TO GET TO THE STADIUM AND DON'T PLAN ON A QUICK EXIT UNLESS YOU TAKE MASS TRANSIT!

6. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    A couple other options for Friday/Saturday evening entertainment...my band is playing Friday night at Blue Bayou (3734 North Southport) and Saturday night across the street at Cullen's (3741 North Southport). The former is a Cajun bar/grill, the latter Irish, but they're both owned by the same guy, so the Cajun bar is sorta Irish, too.

We cover a bunch of British/UK pop and rock (Beatles, U2, Travis, Oasis, etc.) and other power-pop as well. It's not too far from Ginger's and the Globe, if you want to split that scene.

The band is called Diver, and no, it's not a Wayne Rooney tribute band.

FYI, I'm not having anything to do with the supporters section for this one, as of right now. Nothing personal, just that nobody kept me in the loop on whatever's being planned.

Later,
    COZ

7. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    For those of us who werent at the Poland game, whats the procedure? Im bringing the 20'x30' "Dont Tread On Me" flag (yeah, I know, theres no apostrophe, but you know what, the Founding Fathers didnt need no stinking punctuation on their flags, and when I placed the order, I was keeping it real), and Id hate to find out when I arrive at the gate that theres no way for me to get it inside without some sort of special permit.

8. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    I was going to ask the same question as Guy. Since, I've never been to Soldier before, what is the best way to hang up a banner? Is there a rail to tie them up to or should I bring tape?

9. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    there is a rail. bring zip ties

10. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I warmly recommend pub crawlers to visit the bars where Coz will be playing. They are in a nice area and close to The Globe.
    Coz, I hope you will bring your drums to the game. I think it made a big difference at the Poland game, the Jamaica game in 2001 and over in Korea. I have no idea what is being planned either, but drums are needed.
    I wish I could give people a straight answer about banners. I think they will be let in and you might want to bring tape just in case. There should be room behind Section 8 on the facade of the next level, at a minimum. But I don't make the rules nor do I know of a way to find them for sure either!

11. storming06

storming06 Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For those who have been to soldier field before, are the 300 medfield club level seats good, or are they too high?

12. lammygeek

lammygeek New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    minneapolis mn
    Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on tailgating in any given lot? Is it only the Waldren Deck that tailgaiting is permitted?

13. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
  14. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    You should be able to tailgate on the top level of the Waldron Deck or anywhere in the South Lot. Tailgating (grilling) is a no-no on the first level of the Waldron Deck or in the North Garage...

15. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    Thanks for the help.

16. lammygeek

lammygeek New Member

Feb 4, 2003
    minneapolis mn
    thanks

17. dosacero

dosacero New Member

May 19, 2005
    NYC
    As long as you get over on to the East Side of Lake Shore Drive, you should be able to walk to Soldier Field. The last time I was in that area was when they were putting the spaceship into Soldier Field during the construction, so I would just double check with the concierge.

18. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    I'm assuming the one big bass drum will be there. Just not my usual battery. Or me. I'm opting to watch this one like a normal person for once.

Later,
    COZ

19. Lou Bruno

Lou Bruno New Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Chicago, Il. USA
    I am a Bears ticket holder and can tell you that while the 300 level is not great most seats in the stadium are good. I would suggest an end zone over the 300 level. The east side seating is also better than the west side.

I heard today that the total is over 40,000 sold. I would love to see over 50,000. It's important that we pack the place if possible. Dress warm, get there early and visit on of the museums located in the area. Do not expect an easy time parking. If you want to avoid alot of traffic take 31st Street to the McCornmack Place garage and walk from there.

20. bing1985

bing1985 Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Near West ChiSuburbs
    Does anyone have advance scoop on what color kit the teams will wear?

I'm guessing US in home white and England in away red.

I had planned to arrive in Fire red, of course, but didn't want to be percieved as supporting England.

Meanwhile, I think the traditional Sam's army color is red - not that I've ever been a part of Sam's army - just trying to coordinate with other fans.

21. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Yes, you can walk from the McCormick Place Hyatt to Soldier Field. Allow at least 20 minutes. You will go through Tailgate Nation on the way so stay awhile!

22. JRstriker12

JRstriker12 New Member

Jan 27, 2002
    Falls Church, VA
    Very Cool.

Thanks once again.

Would I go up Michigan to Roosevelt or is there an earlier cut over to Lake Shore drive?

JR

23. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    :(

24. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I believe you can walk from the front entrance of the Hyatt into the parking complex, and then make your way to the tailgates and the stadium. Ask at the desk of this very nice hotel. If you go over Lake Shore Drive to get to Michigan Avenue, you will go about one mile out of your way because Roosevelt Road 12th Street is a bit north of Soldier Field so you have to go north, across Lake Shore Drive, then through the marked walkways in the Museum Campus south the Soldier Field. One again, the old wooden bridge at 18th Street linking Soldier Field with the Grant Park area has been torn down and not replaced.
    There is a shuttle bus from McCormick Place lot that is free and will take you to Soldier Field, but this involves walking south and waiting at the lot. The walk is nice and the view is superb.
    Buying package liquor or beer may be a challenge because the nearest neighborhood from the Hyatt is Chinatown, about 1/2 mile west of the Hyatt and I have never found a place that sells beer in Chinatown! There are plenty of places on State Street around 14th Street that sell beer.

25. THE GUNNERS RULE

THE GUNNERS RULE New Member

May 23, 2005
    Owings MIlls, MD, US