Pre-match: 5/22/09, vs. Carolina

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by City Dave, May 20, 2009.

1. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to this one. It'll be nice to see our old players and hopefully we can get at least a point. Three would be outstanding. We're ordering championship scarves if anybody would like them. We're not sure of the price yet. But we're going to present three to Rennie, Schulte, and Bundu, unfortunately we won't have them in time for this game as was the plan. But we'll get them to them somehow. Woodchuck is handling the ordering and should have a few left over besides the people that already said they wanted them, but there will only be a few extra. So, once we get them in you'll be able to buy them from him at games.

Anybody planning on tailgating? I'm open to it, but only if others will commit. Last time I went to the game a bit early and no one was tailgating except some fans from the other team.

We need someone to commit to bringing a grill, otherwise it will be pointless. The weather is supposed to be awesome so this would be a great day to tailgate!

If I can get some commitment from you guys to show up early and tailgate then I'll let the team know and they can put a notice in the newsletter again. The game starts at 8pm, so let's set 6-6:30 as start time for tailgate?

Please respond if you can make it, but only commit if you are sure.

2. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard it was Rennie's birthday-- hope The City can send him home with a loss.
    i'd also love to purchase the scarf.
    and, I'm not really the tailgating type but will be there for the match.

3. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, just stop by the GA during the game and let woodchuck know. He's in the process of finding the best vendor for the scarves right now, we'll probably have them the home game after this.

4. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, we're definitely going to have at least a small tailgate. Someone committed to bringing a grill and there will be at least 5 in attendance, hopefully many more.

5. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States