400 to try out for Chivas USA on Sunday

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by CyphaPSU, Oct 22, 2004.

1. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are You Trying Out for Chivas USA?

I'm just curious, but are any of you Chivas USA fans going to try out for the club? They are holding open tryouts to any of you who join the ChivaSocios supporters club.

2. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Re: Are You Trying Out for Chivas USA?

I'm considering it, but am not sure if they want an out-of-shape, naturally clumsy, mediocre athlete with below average skill. Plus I'm white and speak almost no Spanish. Racists.

3. christhestud

christhestud Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Re: Are You Trying Out for Chivas USA?

Ive actually thought a few times about flying out there, but I'm also white and speak no Spanish, and I am sure I would quickly cut. Im not big enough to hack it at the pro level (I blame it on my size rather than the fact Im not skilled enough either).

4. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3096404&l_id=&t_id=
    this is great news. i love how chivas usa is really reaching out to the fans and getting them involved. i really think that cd chivas usa will bring great things to mls. good luck to all those trying out!

5. 10 fan

10 fan New Member

Mar 21, 2004
    United States
  6. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wow 18 games in one afternoon. thats crazy. i hope this is a great success.

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    "Sangre Nueva" está abierto a varones de entre 18 y 24 años de edad y el costo de inscripción de $30 dólares incluirá una suscripción al programa "ChivaSocio", el club social oficial para aficionados del CD Chivas USA. (Para más detalles sobre ChivaSocio, visita la página www.CDCHIVASUSA.com.)

tsk tsk ts

all along i thought tryouts were free...

8. LA Galaxy Fan

LA Galaxy Fan Member

Feb 28, 2000
    Tokyo
    LA Times cover Chivas USA in sports section yesterday.

9. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Here is my take on the "tryouts". I know of three extremely qualified players who were involved in the "Sangre Nueva tryouts" (and I use the term tryout loosely) who were spoken to by Chivas coaches about thier nationalities (they happened to be Brazilian players). Of the 500 people at the tryouts, there were LITERALLY 3 Brazilians, 1 Bosnian, and 496 hispanics of Mexican descent. They already had a pretty good idea of who was going to be playing before the tryouts took place. It is my uneducated opinion that the tryouts were a scam to raise money. There have been, to the best of my knowledge, 6 tryouts with an average of 500 attending for a total of 3,000 players. 500 x 6 tryouts x $75 per player = $225,000 reasons to keep having tryouts. What a joke. Can someone please explain to me why it is a good idea to have a team based in the US playing in a US league who can choose players based on race/language spoken? I know that I probably sound like a racist, nothing could be further from the truth. But, I could not apply the opposite practices for recruitment and not have lawyers breathing down my neck. Seems as though no one has a problem with all this? If not, hey, why should I. Just looking for a logical opinion to help me to accept this in a better light.