4/22/06 FA Cup Semifinals: Chelsea FC v. Liverpool FC [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by GPK, Apr 18, 2006.

1. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    maybe, but Duff wasn't really doing any driving either. In any case, this is done, and as long as Jose learns from this loss, things will be fine.

2. West 'am 'till I die

West 'am 'till I die BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 28, 2006
    London

I agree with that..... last time they visited Old Trafford they were chucking human sh1t

3. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    point is if our wingers started from the outset, their wingers would have been occupied. our wingers would have pushed their wingers back. That is Duff would be on the pitch doing a job for the team, as opposed to a passenger - Crespo.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    yes, if that was the case from the beginning. After the game was 1-0, i think it was a bit too late for that. In these contests, whoever scores first is usually in the driver's seat.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i hate to bring this point up, but Jose has really disapointed me today.....again and not on the field, but off the field. From post-match interview:

i understand the man is dissapointed and angry, but come on........take it like a man. I love Chelsea and like Jose a lot, but when he behaves and acts like a jerk, i have to call him on it. :(

6. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002

yes, yasik but he also was quoted a congratulating them on other sites. He will never lose his petulant side, but for once I would like his full comments to be printed instead of the slanted view offered by the media.

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    true, media is a bitch. Nevertheless, he should really keep some of his comments to himself.

8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    But I do like the fact that he is bitter about losing. Show me a manager who likes to lose and I will show you a manager that wont consistently win. Fegie, Wenger, and Rafa dont like to lose either and have been known to throw a few comments around, difference is that we are making news at the moment so what JM says sells papers.

End of the day, credit to the Scousers, with the exception of Garcia, who is a cheating scumbag. I never want to hear a Liverpool fan moan about Robben again after Garcia. They are both as bad as one another.

9. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004

Honestly, I think that something is getting to Jose over the past few months. I don't buy that he's lost control of the dressing room, but let's be honest: It's his first time in charge of a 'big' club outside Portugal, he's expected to win all the time, and now that Chelsea are defending champions, they have a target on their back. Not to mention that Jose is public enemy #1. That can't be easy for anybody, regardless of how professional they are or not. Ferguson and Wenger have had their spells as well, and I think Jose will snap out of it, hopefully over the summer.

10. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Not jumping on the panic bandwagon yet, but Im still trying to figure out what were a missing in these losses and annoying draws

Man Utd 1-0
    Barca 2-1 and 1-1
    Scousers 2-1
    Fulham 1-0
    Charlton 1-1 twice
    Brummies 0-0
    Beits 1-0

Dont expect to win every game, but there seems to a consistent level of play, with the exception of Man Utd and Barca (H), in these matches as well.

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    yes, to fern and schafer, Jose is not that different from other managers who have lost big games. And yes, i love his competivness and passion and desire to win. But like i said, there is a limit to what he should say. Sure he sells papers and sure he is the enemy, but sometimes, after you loose a tough game, you need to hold your head up high, congratulate your "enemy", admit your defeat, and walk away with your head held high. No need for these stupid remarks.

12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Credit to the mods for keeping the trolls at bay.

13. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    The thing with Mourinho is, he is so damn defensive minded. Playing two strikers with no wingers is like dating a girl with no car.

Chances are missed. That is the way it is. Cole's chance reminds me of Gud's chance against Pool in CL last season. I have seen Sheva and Henry missing good chances.

Cudicini is rusted. If it was Cech, he would have done something about that free kick, and why the wall cracked for the ball to go through, I have no idea. Pool could have scored 4 in the first half.

Well, fuk the double,:mad: as long as the double of Arsenal and Man U are not having it, that is cool with Zani. I wish Boro win the damn thing. They deserve it.

14. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Zani is spot on for once in his life. EVERY TEAM IN THE WORLD plays 4-4-2 with two wingers.

---------Cech---------
    PF---Gall---JT---Bridge
    --------Maka----------
    Cole----Lamps---Robben
    ----Crespo---Drogba----

We have one of the best back 4s + keeper in the world. The best holding midfielder and Lamps isn't too in his own end either. Every team plays like this, why the hell aren't we? No, we're bringing in Ballack ANOTHER central midfielder to congest the midfield and play defensive. The 4-3-3 is a 4-5-1. Jose, grow a pair and play a 4-4-2 with wingers like every other team. You aren't a tactical wizard so stop trying to outsmart everyone and play your best damn XI that will create goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ******** I'M SO GUTTED!

15. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Budwieser is the only beer available at Old Trafford and also at Stamford Bridge -- believe it or not.

16. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Zani, are you going to write to the FA saying you want the FA Cup to be ni a league format?

17. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    Soccer version of Brokeback Mountain...
    [​IMG]

18. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Looks more like a good ol' fashioned dance off. Hide the women and children - somone's about to get served.

19. srd....

srd.... Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Cork City.
    rotten day for me yesterday.....
    not only the result in the chelsea game but city also lost the Setanta Cup final :mad:

i need another beer and it's only 11:15am.

20. gomez

gomez New Member

Jan 27, 2005
    I finally read some of Jose's post match comments on the official website.

“The change was the consequence of a lot of bad results and bad performances. We lost a couple of games and we drew a couple of games also. We were not playing well and our wingers were not in-form. When the wingers are not in-form you cannot play in a 4-3-3.”

All four wingers are not in-form? And they, all four mind you, are so far out of form that PF was the best option? I swear one of them must have thrown a boot or some soup at Mourinho before the match. I can't think of any other scenario that would justify his lineup.

“If I had to pick the two best players in the team, it was Ferreira and Essien,” was the manager’s view as he looked back on the events at Old Trafford. “They played very, very good during 90 minutes."
    “I don’t think choosing them was a mistake. I think the biggest mistake in the first-half was the decision of the free-kick for the goal.”

So the biggest mistake of the entire match was a bad descision by the ref? Right.

Ah well. Jose made a mistake. I can live with that. Hopefully he will learn - though I guess it will be hard if he doesn't consider it a mistake in the first place. His conduct off the field is what really got to me yesterday. I'm glad he doesn't like to lose, but get a grip and handle yourself like a man. Sheesh.

Time to get that single point needed to wrap up the title and call it a season. Let's get Mourinho some time away in that Portuguese sun and hopefully he will come back with less retarded ideas. I heard UV light shrinks ego. ;)

21. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Saddly true, they sent out a questionaire last month and I suggested the got some beer in.

22. West 'am 'till I die

West 'am 'till I die BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 28, 2006
    London

Honestly???? they obviously don't want alcohol in the ground if they only sell that bottled bath-water

23. Joe_Sanchez

Joe_Sanchez New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    England
    So true. He's a good manager, and Chelsea are a great team. But he needs to show some dignity and accept when he's beaten. It's not doing you guys any favours to have everyone wanting Chelsea to lose. And I honestly think that's down to Mourinho, rather than your style of play or the money issue.

24. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Some things that amaze me.

1. Geremi starting
    2. Geremi starting at fullback
    3. PF in midfield
    4. Joe Cole not starting - I mean WTF?

Robben maybe i can understand given the last game against pool. But you belted them in the last game so why change it?

I can only think that he had a fight with Joe Cole or something before the game so benched him and had to start Geremi and move PF instead.

25. ZANI

ZANI Member

Feb 14, 2004
    USA
    This is a good example. The best team lost. If Chelsea played all game like they did in the last half hour, Pool would go down by a big margin. One time tactical error from Mourinho could now make Boro the FA champions.