32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfica [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Brian De Sousa, Apr 18, 2006.

1. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfica [R]

Well doesnt it suck to miss the chance to hop ahead of Sporting. If I were an alcoholic, I would wake up in a jail cell tomorrow morning.

2. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfica [R]

You guys wouldn't have. If Benfica had won and Sporting ended up tying, Sporting would still be ahead on the head-to-head rule...

3. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

Oh yeah.......i forgot that!!! :eek:

on that note GO BRAGA!!!!:D

4. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005

I would agree with you, but only if this were the 36th gameday.

5. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA

I had no idea of any results from yesterday until I saw the highlights this morning on RTPi.

Miccoli had a beauty of a goal. The man can shoot.

Too bad Benfica couldn't hold onto the lead because I see that Sporting keeps doing everything to hand over second place to Benfica.

Benfica and Sporting could've been level on points heading into the final two weeks but hopefully Sporting still has one more in them left to lose. And I know GoodDead will be cheering on his minnow club with all his heart on the final Jornada so that Benfica can leap ahead of Sporting into the CL directly.

I think Paulo Bento is JLR don't you? He's got some conspiracy that someone doesn't want Sporting in the CL directly. Thus, blame those lousy refs and Benfica. Don't blame C Martins for missing that wide open chance in the first half. Don't blame the nap they took against E Amadora either. Outstanding effort there.

6. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

You have a lot of willpower, my friend. I went to a Communion yesterday afternoon and was on the cell about 9 times with my dad on the other end - long distance, might I add - looking for game updates. Suffice to say, my meal was not too pleasant...

The linesman totally robbed Sporting of some opportunities, that much cannot be denied, though as I had mentioned in the game thread, if Carlos Martins had deked instead of trying to blast it by the keeper, and if the keeper had one less horseshoe up his ass, Sporting would've won the match. As it stands, we still hold second spot, though we don't seem intent on securing it, though.

As for Nacional tying the match with minutes to play, I kinda look at it as poetic justice, don't you? I mean, for all of the times that Benfica had done exactly that throughout this season, it's about time some other team did the same. I guess it was just a matter of time...

As for Goodie cheering on Braga to let Benfica slip into second - I think that he would rather chew his toes off than everwant Benfica to gain a direct CL spot. Look for him to pull for the most negative result that would impact Benfica ;)

7. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

If this is true he is a disgrace of a Braga fan....His hate for Benfica is stronger than his love for Braga.....i would never hope for a Benfica loss....

8. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs

The Championship is over so it's not too hard to miss a match here and there. I know Benfica is still fighting for second place but I still can't get any Benfica matches unless they are on RTPi. And, to tell you the truth, I really can't stand going to the club anymore on account of the huge delay between radio and what's on the screen. You always have some moron shouting goal before it actually happens. It takes away from any anticipation.

GoodDead better not cheer against his club. Not after all he preaches around here anyway. He would just have to change his club from Sp Braga to Anti-Benfica once and for all.

Forca SLB!

9. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

It's time to get SPT, my man...

10. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL

Benfica didn't play well in the first half, but did play much better in the second half. Miccoli scored a nice goal, in my opinion he was the player of the game (and not just because he scored, but because he worked hard up front). Nacional won a corner late, Benfica's defense forgot to mark one guy, and wouldn't you know it he would be the one that scores. Benfica deserved to win, but I'll give credit to Nacional for managing to come up with a late goal. Benfica missed a good opportunity to get closer to second, but they also didn't lose any ground, so everything is still open in the final two weeks of this season. Forca Benfica!!!

11. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Naciona

How? Comcast Digital Cable doesn't offer it. I'm not getting a friggin' dish.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional

?????

I'm sorry I know you and Brian love to take everything I say out of context for your own personal benefits but when in the hell did I say I wanted Braga to lose against anyone? Braga is fourth and that's it I could care less who finishes 2nd and 3rd.
    Like I give that much of a damn about Benfica getting into the Champion's League automatically that I would want Braga to lose a game against another grande to stop that?

RIDICULOUS! Can't even comprehend what would make you think that

P.S. thanks for yet again proving that Benfica fans are the cause of and biggest promoters of anti-benfiquismo.

13. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Sorry, Braga 5 - 0 Sporting.

You better hope this weekend goes in your favour and I will pull for you since your such a nice guy but come the 34th Journada I am looking for a Braga win in Alvalade.

Hopefully if you guys don't get the 2nd auto spot you will face Anderlecht and win, that will give you something to brag about I guess :D

14. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional

We didn't say u would want it.....Forca Sporting did.

I actually said i wouldn't think u would....i guessing reading any word besides Braga from our post is not needed to make an opinion on what we said.

Read the post before jumping into long rants........u always lose me at Hello!!

15. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nac

Go easy on the boy. His hate for all things Benfica far surpasses his love for Braga and thus clouds his judgement.

Hate Benfica first. Ask questions later.

16. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

"If this is true he is a disgrace of a Braga fan"

I don't know how I could possibly confuse that with you thinking I wouldn't turn on my own team.

I mean it says so right there "I doubt Gooddead would cheer for Sporting to beat the team he loves so that the team he dislikes can't automatically qualify for a tournament that they are 85% guarenteed to qualify for" :rolleyes:

17. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

U are starting to sound dumber than what i thought. My post was in response to another post....so lets put things in perspective:

1st post:

To which i replied:

Key word being IF......u know what IF in front of a setence means don't you??

So next time, take the time to read the posts..........if anybody thought u would turn on your own team was FORCA SPORTING...not me!!!!

Now say sorry and be a good boy!!!

18. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m -

again I could care less who wins what title if Braga isn't involved (cue the "you mean every title" comment) and I care even less about which Lisboa team finishes 2nd and 3rd.

And I hate your team about as much as you hate Braga Meaning I don't care about what your joke of a team does or dosen't do.

so don't push your anti-slb crap on me.

19. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co

yes, yes "IF" would of made sense and I wouldn't of said jack had you not then jumped to the conclusion that I would turn "If this is true he is a disgrace of a Braga fan....His hate for Benfica is stronger than his love for Braga.....i would never hope for a Benfica loss...."already

The "If" becomes next to meaningless because you go on a rant about where my allegiance stands and sound like you believe what you say.

You have gone on record as saying that you didn't imply that and despite the fact that I think in that case you tried to wind me up as you did on this post I will now accept it and forget it.

20. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co

Instead of robbing 7/11 u should spend some time in English 101. Do u know how dumb you sound on that comment.

I said IF this is true...... Anything said after the IF is an assumption not a confirmation of how u feel. Go and see your english prof, unless u too busy taking naps...oh sorry u live in Canada, we don't nap here.:rolleyes:

Give me a break...this is pure english 101...believe what u want, but don't argue with grammer.

I said IF...how many times do i need to say this again........all that bradding of your hair damaged your front lobe.

21. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

When Sporting faces Braga in less than a fortnight, I am inviting both TO and Goodie to my place. Combatants, please bring your boxing gloves. For the rest of you in the Toronto area, you too are also invited, though the cover charge for entrance is $15 - this includes a seat, a pastel de nata, a bowl of tremoço and a bottle (small) of Sumol. If you're in New Jersey or Massachusetts, I will stream the bout for you at a cost of $25. PM me if interested.

:D

For what it's worth, my comment was made in jest. It's why I added the winking smile after it. Man, we get bent out of shape for the smallest of things. Life's too short to continuously spout off on each other.

22. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

If only i had boxing gloves:D

23. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m

There's a problem. I have to first actually know which team is Braga in order for me to hate them. Otherwise, I don't give a shit. What colors do they wear again?

24. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

We can go bare knuckle.
    But it would be great to see you finally rooting with all your might for a class team to win vs Sporting ;)

Think last year the refs won the title for you and this year Braga can get you directly into the CL.
    I guess we can Benfica the charity case of the SL :p

25. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m

Ahh Brian I thought you would of said something like that, that is why I encoded a little something for you in that post. Hightlight to reveal my friend.;)