32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfica [R]

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Brian De Sousa, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Benfica has their second straight road match this week against what has been a tough place to get a win. There only win in like a bajillion years came last season when Nuno Gomes scored the only goal of the match. Benfica needs to keep on winning if they are to catch Sporting for second place. That is, of course, if Sporting continues to falter.

I have a feeling that if Benfica does lose, then Koeman will decide to step down as coach. He's stepped down as coach before at Ajax rather than ride out the contract or get fired.

2. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfica [R]

Oh, sorry, let me get the inevitable out of the way.

Thanks for the kind words 2DRAGO4. Now, let's continue with the discussion in this crucial match.

3. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfica [R]

Yep. This is a must win for Benfica if they want to get that second place in the Liga MoveyourFvckingAwayGamestoaMoreConvenientStadium.com

4. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Be

That's it? Your slipping. Bringing up something that happened last year? Get with the current man. You can do better. Oh, nice to have you back also.

5. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Be

HAHAHAHAHA! I believe that's called getting owned!

Click here to see 2DRAGO4 get owned.

6. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

Why wouldn't I bring up something that happened last year? :) It's not like the League changed all that much.
    The only diference is that Porto is going to win this year, and I for one am happy that we were able to do it playing 17 home games and 17 away games.

Don't get me wrong. I understand your bitterness towards the League and all of it's sinister meanders. I just find it amusing that you only started to express that bitterness after it became evident that Benfica wouldn't win a thing this year.

That, and to use a word you like so much, is called hypocrisy my friend.

7. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs S

Because you're the first one to call anyone out who brings up past acomplishments. Live in the now my friend. Remember?

Don't put words in mouth. I've never said that Porto was going to win the league with help from the refs. I've always acknowledged that the refs help all the teams. Did you not read my letter to the ref in charge of the Rio Ave match? Or where you still waiting in your cave when it was safe to come out and start our trolling wars again?

I started the gag last week after everyone was complaining about refs doing this and that. I thought it would be pretty funny. And the title of this thread has nothing to do with anything that happened with Benfica. It was from what I saw in the highlights from the Sp Braga-P Ferreira match where P Santos let the ball roll out of bounds and the P Ferreira forward played it like it was still in play and rolled it into the open goal. And I thought I couldn't see anything worse than when Ricardo took a nap with the ball in his own goal and the linesman was the only one who didn't see it was a goal. Did you see that play from yesterday's match? I know no one watches that crap but maybe you caught the highlight on the news.

I was going to save it for when Porto had clinched the title but I actually do give credit to Co Adrianse and what he did with Porto this year. He finally put out the formation it takes to defeat these minnows. You don't need trincos and four defenseman. He put out his 3-5-2 and used Mereles well. He stuck with his guns and kept Helton. He finally made Queresma a starter after having him on the bench for most of the first couple of weeks of the season and it paid off. Lucho Gonzalez has been great for them.

I don't blame refs for Benfica's poor campaign. I blame a coach who seems to only know how to defend against giants and somehow fall assbackwards into wins over Co Adrianse. Did you know Benfica still hasn't used the same lineup in back to back weeks?

I guess I'll be all hypocritical and bring up the past. All it takes is two wins and two draws.

8. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs S

Ok Brian, maybe I misunderstood the intention of your joke, which to me seemed to be sort of a way to demean the League, and consequently Porto's victory.
    Hey, it's a fresh vicotry, it's not even 100% secure yet... I'm not going to let anyone take anything away from it! :)

Ah Yes! But your point was that it was EASY remember? ;) Two wins and two draws in the CL group phase is easy for Milan or Barcelona! But we all know how easy it was for Benfica (no need to remind me how easy it was for Porto).

If Beto scoring a goal against Man Utd isn't proof that it took divine intervention, then I'm done arguing with you.

9. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL

oh man! talk about ()\|/Nage!

10. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Boa sorte Benfica!!! We can make it to 2nd place, Sporting needs to lose/tie!!!

11. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional

The league has always been a joke. Have you just noticed this now? You're already with your defenses up thinking that I'm already accusing Porto of winning the league corruptly. Duh. Everyone wins the league through corruption. The league name in itself is a joke for christ sake! You're talking about a league allowing itself to be named after a gambling site. You know. Bet on games and win. Truly sad.

Anyone can do it. It's easy. All you need is two wins and two draws.

Where have you been? Probably hiding in that cave until it was save to troll again. But if you were following along on BigSoccer you'd realize that Beto is the greatest player in Benfica history and gets praised around here to no end. Of course he scored against Man U. It was given because of his awesomeness. :cool:

12. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Wtf is wrong with u people? Beto sucks!!! His ass should leave Benfica asap!!! He's garbage...he cost Benfica sooooooo many games including the Barcalona game!!! He scored 1 goal against Man. Utd and that was because the ball deflected off of some1 and the goalie missed horribly!!! Im a die hard Benfica fan, but Beto? wow!!! that all i have to say

13. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal

Hiding untill it was safe to troll again?
    Have you been checking the League BenficaWasNeverEvenClosetoWin.com standings since... what? December? January? You need a new punch line buddy, that one isn't working for you anymore.

14. 2DRAGAO4

2DRAGAO4 Red Card

Nov 20, 2005
    Toronto, Porto

Its funny cause thats the ignorance of a benfica fan.., since when would I say Nacional is from Lisbon? They are from Madeira. Owned? Wasnt it you who was like 17 pts!! from last year Mediocre Benfica? When in reality Porto is gonna win all 3 games(Maybe will let Guimaraes beat them) which will make 81 pts!(A REAL CHAMPION) compared to 65 pts which would see teams like Nacional, Braga, Setubal all fighting for Champions League Births.. And yes I will repeat the INTERNATIONAL SUCCESS of PORTO...2 Champions Leagues(Bayern Muniche, Monaco) 2 Intercontinental Cups(Best team in the world; Penarol[3 titles;same as Real madrid], Once Caldas[0 titles same as benfica]) a Uefa SuperCup! and a Uefa Cup(Celtic; 1 of the best matches ever). We Can't forget that Futebol Clube do Porto is in the G-14! If they inducted another 40 teams...Benfica would definetly be considered runner ups after thos other 40... But then again Benfica is used to these 14 team competitions, wasnt it that many teams when they won their champions leagues??or was it less?:D We also have a player who has won more trophies than your whole team put together!:cool:

15. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional

Blah Blah Blah, saying the samething over and over again. Nobody in here cares. You got owned! Deal with it!

Oh and by the way, instead of playing Penarol and Once Caldas, try playing a team like Santos.

16. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

A man after my heart:D

17. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON

I love your new avatar....

Slotsy rules :D

18. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

Respekt!!!

19. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL

Yeah. The troll was hiding in its cave posting the official match threads and analysis. Now that the title is wrapped up again we get the old ferreirajl back. Welcome back!

That's not a punch line. That's just me making a point over and over and over again just to make sure some BS posters get it through their thick skulls.

20. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfic

0 - 1

Miccoli 48'

simao was subbed off with an injury before half time. :(

21. KhaNArTisT

KhaNArTisT New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Back in Toronto Esse
    Re: 32ª Jornada - Liga PayRefsToIgnoreOutOfBoundsandwin.co m - Nacional vs SL Benfic

F@#! 1-1
    4 minutes left

22. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

KOEMAN GO TO GO. game after game they just keep playin like shit.

23. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

Tuff tie.....no i don't mean Koeman's red one, i am referring to the games result!!!

Oh well, i would love if we tied the next two and still finish ahead of Sporting.....man wouldn't that be something!!!:D

24. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Sporting is 2 points ahead at the moment. If Benfica tied their next two matches and Sporting lost both of theirs, Sporting would have the tie-breaker by virtue of their two victories over Benfica this season...

25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto

Looks like no one wants the 2nd place. :D