2nd dp?

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by gblfxt, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    I'm not convinced there are any Asian players out there that would really have much of an impact. There sre no "Ichiros" in world soccer. That is, none of the truly greatest players on the planet are from Asian countries that would have any impact on demand. Not that I can think of anyway.

2. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    I'm not sure how relevant this is to anything. When A, AA, and AAA playerds are called up to the majors they get salaries prorated at the major league minimum. If MLS is going to use the minor league baseball comparison (which Garber has done in the past - not sure about now) then they really need to do something similar when "development" players at least make the bench, and travel with the team.

Better yet, just get rid of this whole development designation. You're on the team or you're not. That's the reality, it should be reflected in the players' status.

3. alky13

alky13 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Manchester/NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    J.S. Park perhaps?

4. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    Club:
    Seattle
    Perhaps, but why on Earth would he come to the Sounders? He is playing for the biggest club on Earth. He's playing in the English Premier League, and playing for the Champions League and the FA Cup. How much would you have to pay him to throw all that away for the obscurity of MLS? I dare say more than the $6 mil a year Beckham is getting. Would he really be worth that to the Sounders?

5. BROSUF

BROSUF Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take another young South American to boost net potential

6. alky13

alky13 Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Manchester/NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True. However he has consistently done well in shirt sales. I believe he trails CR9 and Rooney as of last year. Sounders would make up the investmant in just a year. He's edging closer to 30. I can see him ending up in Seattle. However the J-League is probably more appealing.

7. scott47a

scott47a Member+

Seattle Sounders FC; Arsenal FC
    Feb 6, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Korean community is much bigger in LA than it is in Seattle. So that's another possibility for Park in the long run.

I'd love it if the Sounders could get a young, up-and-coming Japanese player, if there were one available. But it seems a stretch. Most of their players stay home, with a very few out to Europe.

8. Taly

Taly Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Big Al's Brewery, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please wash-out European star. Get that talented Central American or Carribean footballer who represents his national team.