2_24_2105 Waiver Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by AcetheTigah, Feb 24, 2015.

1. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Dynamo has second pick

Earnshaw is available in this draft along with 5 other lesser known players. He made 206K guaranteed salary last year for Chicago.

Either he doesn't want to be in Chicago, wants more money, or he wants to go back to England.

He is 33 and a small striker. He is active, pacy and has quick soft feet with good touch. He can be a pain in the a55 for opposing back lines.

I think he has some mileage left, could be a good addition because he offers more left foot and speed than Bruin. He also could be used for depth as an outside midfielder. He played at Derby Co. so he may be mates with Gilezy.

What do you guys think?

2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Too expensive, but may be better than what we have now. He has not made an impact in quite some time, so is a risky acquisition.

*rey* repped this.
  3. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted this in another thread, sorry didn't see this one first....

over riding questions is how much do we have to left to spend? Also, would you plan on keeping him multiple years? Lastly, I don't think he takes a discount. With the league being spread out due to expansion this year, he should demand at least 220k plus and thats a lot in this league for a bench player.

Now if we trade stumbledore to get him, that's another matter.......

4. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    At this point, I'll take almost anyone with pace. I'd even go as far as to consider Oduro.

Heft and *rey* repped this.
  5. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whomever we pick will be wrong and lead to our utter doom @juvechelsea

Heft repped this.
  6. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    well we must have not picked anyone - no announcements

7. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    OK, some investigation into this reports that Earnshaw has been training with Vancouver. They are seventh in the order and we are second. Chicago holds first pick which is teh team he was waived from - so theoretically they won't pick him. That leaves us as the next potential draft pick for Earnshaw.

If we don't want him then at least get some value from Vancouver in exchange for letting them have our pick.

Personally I would pick him up if you could get him for around 200k. Let Giles do some politickin to convince him it's not so hot here in the summer etc. :)

8. footyfool

footyfool Member+

May 8, 2008
    Houston
    Isn't this what the folks on "Law & Order" always refer to as suborning perjury???

9. shoeless

shoeless Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  10. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. toropug

toropug BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Maybe they pushed the date back ?? I know I read a lot of the teams have more moves to make, but are waiting for the CBA. Maybe everyone agreed to put it on hold ?

12. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX

13. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Don't know whats happening with using quotes

but I meant to impart

Why didn't the Dynamo do anything to get value for their second pick if they didn't want to use it?