#24 ... Revs @ DC, Pre-Game, 9/9/7

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Dr. Jay's post has the ring of truth. Yet inescapably, this is not the approach taken to managing the Patriots. The Revolution budget is obviously not the Patriots budget, but we all have the impression that the Revs aren't spending anywhere close to their own miniscule budget. Is Sunil preventing the hiring of the final two senior roster players?

2. Mick7184

Mick7184 New Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Franklin, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking about this the other day, and I sort of agree with it. I was thinking about what would have to happen to wake up the Revs FO, and winning isnt one of them. I know it sounds crazy, and I want the team to win every game they play, but if they win on the cheap, it will give the Revs no incentive to spend money. If they started to suck and fan support completely bottomed out, that might give them the incentive. It's pick your poison really, but I'd rather the team just win now and start spending money next year, although I dont think it'll happen.

3. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, I think DCU will just end up being way, way, WAY too tired to win this game.

4. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    D.C. UNITED v NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
    RFK MEMORIAL STADIUM, Washington, D.C.
    3 p.m. ET (TeleFutura; CSN-DC; TV38)
    Sept. 9, 2007 (WEEK 23) / MLS Game #150

REFEREE: Abbey Okulaja. SAR (bench): C.J. Morgante; JAR (opposite): Nate Clement; 4th: Andrew Chapin
    MLS Career: 68 games; FC/gm: 29.8; Y/gm: 3.6; R: 9; pens: 19
    Games involving United: P10 W3 L5 T2; FC/gm: 34.3; Y/gm: 4.4; R: 2; pens: 4
    Games involving Revolution: P14 W8 L3 T3; FC/gm: 26.4; Y/gm: 4.1; R: 0; pens: 2

INJURY REPORT: D.C. UNITED - OUT: FW Jamil Walker (Achilles rupture); GK Shawn Crowe (meniscus tear); QUESTIONABLE: MF Josh Gros (concussion) ... NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION - OUT: MF Joe Franchino (R peroneal tendon surgery);QUESTIONABLE: DF Kyle Helton (R ankle sprain); PROBABLE: MF Miguel Gonzales (R groin strain); DF Jay Heaps (L calf strain); DF Marshall Leonard (R hamstring strain); FW Pat Noonan (R groin strain); MF Wells Thompson (R ankle sprain); FW Taylor Twellman (flu-like symptoms)

SUSPENDED: none
    WARNINGS:
    SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: DC: Christian Gomez, Bryan Namoff, Greg Vanney ... NE: Jeff Larentowicz, Khano Smith, Wells Thompson
    SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DC: Bobby Boswell, Fred, Josh Gros, Jaime Moreno, Ben Olsen ... NE: Andy Dorman, Jay Heaps, Avery John, Shalrie Joseph, James Riley
    INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none

5. Hed7181

Hed7181 Member

Jul 1, 2003
    VA Beach, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gameday!!!

4 hours 6 minutes to go.

Viva la Revolution!

6. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if Khano and Wells both get cards, who plays on the left against FC Dallas next weekend?
    WTF do we always get Abbey to be our official?!

7. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Ralston probably, though I wouldn't be surprised if Nicol put in Leonard.

8. revs

revs Member

Apr 22, 2003
    MA
    so its on tv38 for sure now, the revs site said fsn, and i dont get that here, here's to hoping the revs website is wrong. but can anyone confirm this?

9. revs

revs Member

Apr 22, 2003
    MA
    or byrne maybe? ditto on the marshall comment. nyassi?

10. pvtkarma

pvtkarma New Member

May 7, 2006
    Ralston probably, though I wouldn't be surprised if Nicol put in Leonard

Leonard who? :rolleyes:

11. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe there was talk that FSN had bought the rights to a few games towards the end of the season. I'm sure that the MLS Game Guide was simply not updated to allow for the change. Don't quote me on it tho...

12. Hungryjack

Hungryjack Member+

Jul 8, 2006
    Houston
    It doesn't matter what team you support, Abbey will find a way to piss you off...

13. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you crying about this? You're 8-3-3 with Abbey "That's a girl's Name" Okulaja. While United is 3-5-2 with him. He also likes to card the hell out of us, and consistently gifts the opposition unwarranted PK's.

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Speaking as a DC and Moreno fan, I'm sure you'd know very well about getting unwarranted PK's. ;)