20x30ft Baby to fly at Soccer Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by vflkirwan, Oct 9, 2002.

1. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sent it out yesterday to the hall.

They will be flying it during the 14th Induction Ceremonies and it should find a nice display case for all to see in the future.

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Awesome!

The Magpie

3. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There should be a group Photo of those who carried here in the States, in the Azteca and in Korea.

4. vflkirwan

vflkirwan Member

Mar 28, 2000
    North Jersey
    Club:
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm working on a flash program with a certain Metro ahollic ........I'll keep ya posted.

5. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely awesome and absolutely deserving.

6. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    I get a little choked up just reading about it!

7. Kevin Etzel

Kevin Etzel Member

Jul 18, 2000
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I look forward to it....

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent. The only way I'll ever make it into the Soccer Hall of Fame, by having touched the flag. Does this count against my 15 minutes of fame?

So Ed, did they call you?

9. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what exactly are we talking about here?

10. NYC

NYC New Member

Nov 1, 1999
    Flannigan's kid has ballooned to 20x30 feet (all the Korean food), and will now be shot out of a cannon at the Hall of Fame for being the youngest Sammer ever at a World Cup game. Hence the thread title, 20x30ft Baby to fly at Soccer Hall of Fame.

11. Thomas Flannigan

Feb 26, 2001
    Chicago
    Actually, little Erin has grown but not to that level! I cracked up when I read this.
    Ringo:
    Ed of the North Jersey Brigade has been instrumental in getting a big flag to USMNT games. The original flag was replaced by a bigger one, funded with contributions from fans. The original flag became known as the Baby Ass Flag because its younger brother, the Big Ass flag, is HUUUGE.
    The Baby Ass flag was dragged all over the world in the last 2 years. Metrotard and others got it in and out of Azteca Stadium, no easy task, where it was burned by irate Mexican fans. The Baby Ass flag went to Korea and was retired after that due to accumulated damage. Ed organized contributions for a replacement Baby flag that could be used at events where there were not enough diehard fans to unfurl the huge Big Ass flag. Ed decided to donate the original Baby Ass Flag to the U.S. Soccer Hall of Fame.
    The Baby Ass flag has considerable sentimental value and it is appropriate that it should find a resting place at the Hall of Fame.

12. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Ed, are you going to take the tax deduction on the donation of the flag? If not can you include me on that doners list?