2023 TV

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by goldclover, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get the Apple TV app on an LG smart TV. You can get pretty much every streaming app on it, but ironically no native ESPN+.

xtomx repped this.
  2. Mikebsiu

Mikebsiu Member+

Mar 15, 2008
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    So let me get this straight. Next week for the fire game, I can just download the apple app on my Roku, and watch for free, correct?? I don’t have to pay a cent for anything correct? After this weeks game, I have to sign up for the season pass thing in order to watch fire games?

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I’d set it up sooner to jump through any hoops you have to, to get it to work. And if it doesn’t work, they just recently announced the games are included with the bar version of DirectTV.

4. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    FWIW, the DirecTV version only works with a business/corporate account.

5. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Yeah, that’s why I said “the bar version”. It’s helpful to be able to go out and see a game legally.

xtomx repped this.
  6. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    Shouldn’t there be a 360 show tonight to hype us up?

7. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Ooooo. Let us know!

8. overlap_old_coach

Chicago Fire
    United States
    May 2, 2022
    Mac97 repped this.
  9. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I will say I have liked some of the little specials on the mls apple thingee. The old highlights of Blanco was excellent. The match preview was decent....preseason stuff was ok. Definitely more to be had anyway.

xtomx repped this.
  10. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    it definitely could have been a lot worse. You can see how over time they can refine it and it could be very good.

xtomx and goldclover repped this.
  11. NotHelmut

NotHelmut Member

Dec 30, 2010
    Peoria
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a report in The Athletic that Apple's deal with MLS may have an opt-out clause if there aren't enough subscribers to MLS Season Pass in a set timeframe. It is reported Garber neither confirmed or denied the report.

Gobernador Blanco and xtomx repped this.
  12. pena pirata

pena pirata Member+

Sep 28, 2013
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Not surprised by this.

xtomx repped this.
  13. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the heck of it, I went and counted up the games for the first month of matches on the MLS website to see if that report was full of sh*t or not. Who knows how long it'll last but weeks 2, 3, 4 and 5 are 42% free (basically 6 free matches). Here's hoping that continues for the full season.

bunge repped this.
  14. Gobernador Blanco

Chicago Fire
    Mexico
    Jul 30, 2022
    Upper Midwest
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I believe it. My guess is that it'd be in the back half of the 10 year deal. The league should get a big bump from the 2026 world cup so don't anticipate this happening but it's an interesting reminder that the stakes are high for the league to get it's shit together and promote it