2023 Crew Ticket Exchange

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by SLSHOT01, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How long did it even take for them to recognize AO once Sam's Army was down to three guys and a single banner?

Then again, when was Sammers formed? 2005?

2. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are striving to establish a culture at work that "Feedback is a Gift". Some folks have bought in, others not so much. But agree with you, I value what others think. I may still disagree but I am also open to alternative thoughts.

3. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made by his good friend Martha Stewart?

DrunkandDisorderly repped this.
  4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Psst...even if the FO did hold SRO tickets for the public, guess where many of them would end up.

And we get to repeat this shit next year with Miami.

5. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It was a marketing campaign for the smokeless Solo Stove fire pits

stanger, TRUJDUB21 and catfish9 repped this.
  6. Paul171121

Paul171121 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 14, 2018
    My friend has a travel card that gets him priority boarding sometimes on many airlines and gets him club access

7. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's always a bit odd when you see your friends (or family) on TV. Was watching The Zoo one night (about Bronx Zoo) when they went to Indy to pick up a giraffe--and there's a bit where they are standing around talking with the Indy Zoo staff. Most of the Indy folks have been friends for years due to our elephant connections. And, as you note, it's even more surreal to hear your own voice (I was interviewed about the hotel issue on 161 once a few years back by a local station).

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even Billy Graham's wife was once quoted as saying "Divorce is against my faith--but I've considered murder"....

TKyle and Meddlin' Truckstop Owner repped this.
  9. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I actually saw that.

10. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NOPE - I plan to sell my Miami tix. I love watching Messi play but there is zero justification for spending stupid money to see him live. But for those willing to do so, I'll gladly take their money to fund my tix to all the other Crew games.

shoplifter repped this.
  11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With hotels, Marriott's Platinum status is really, really good. Once had a corner suite overlooking the Indy ball park in the JW Marriott as an upgrade.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  12. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've come to the conclusion that there's a logical reason for all the ticket kerfuffle.

It's not accidental or due to incompetence, but rather to Don Garber himself. He was worried that the sheer, visceral hatred and loathing for him in Columbus had begun to fade and he wanted to make sure the flame of revulsion still burns bright.

I'm sure the greeting he'll receive at the handing over of the trophy will be every bit as loud and angry as he could possibly hope.

stanger, speedye1 and catfish9 repped this.
  13. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    It was a promotional stunt I believe

14. RunSudoSane

RunSudoSane Member

Nov 3, 2011
    For your reading enjoyment. I'll be back in a year or two.

MLS Headquarters: Project Splash Pot

The place: 420 5TH Ave, FL 7, New York, NY, 10018-0223 United States (MLS Headquarters)

The date: Sunday, December 3, 2023—10 am

The players: Twenty two of the worst dressed billionaire’s children, their valets, Don Garber, and for some reason, Alexi Lalas

(plus, Tammy (real name, Trinh Thi Ngo) the snack and coffee lady, snidely nicknamed, Tofu Tammy)

The atmosphere: Tense. The Columbus Crew have won the right to host MLSCup2023. MLS Commissioner, Don Garber, is not happy

At a long oak table (shipped from Chicago and sporting the initials, TGD—DG carved into the edge at the head of the table), The Don stands and begins the meeting. Alexi, sitting directly on The Don’s right, flips open his brand new Kindle Paperwhite.

“Where’s my tofu, Tammy?” muffled giggles fill the room

Tammy rushes from the snack cart with a plate full of Han Xi Dyn’s Number One Tofu and sets it in front of, The Don.

“Better. Now, if I have to go to ********ing Columbus, again, make sure I’m booked into the Embassy Suites, Dublin. And make sure I get at least ten of those happy hour free drink tickets.” Alexi Lalas nods, making a note on his Kindle.

Alexi taps the Kindle screen, a giant image of Lower Dot Com Stadium appears on the wall behind, The Don.

The Don points at the image with a dismissive finger wag.

“This toilet has twenty thousand seats. About eleven thousand of those seats are taken by rednecks, cow farmers and 45 year old pot smoking, sweat pants wearing, Dungeons and Dragons droollers.” Long pause

“How can we screw over every one of them?”

Twenty hands shoot into the air.

The Don points at Seth Kronke.

“We could announce a change of venue. Say it’s due to faulty plumbing. And move the game to Cincinnati.” Lots of nods and smiles all around.

The Don squints and rubs his chin. “I like it. Other ideas.”

Kelsey Beckham stands up, glances at Alexi, “We could have Alexi’s band play at halftime.” The room erupts in laughter. Alexi makes a note on his Kindle.

“Book it!” screams, The Don.

Billy “RedBull” Mateschitz slowly stands. “Open ticket sales for our sponsors, friends and relatives. Give them a twenty ticket limit. They’ll buy all the tickets and put most of them up for resale at 5-10 times retail. The sweatpants D and D’rs, Cow farmers and rednecks will be forced to spend hundreds per seat.”

Don Garber grins. He can barely contain himself. “That’s what were doing. Exactly that, but add in two or three days of bullshit announcements about how we’re fixing the problem and only hope for the best, while doing nothing of the sort. And, oh yeah, book Alexi’s band.” Alexi immediately sends out a text on his Kindle to his band mates. And begins jotting down the lyrics to a new song about soccer, hot dogs and Italian women in Honda Civics.

Two of the valets whisper. “You do all the ticketing arrangements, right?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I’ve got a couple buddies who write code and run bot farms for some Latvians. Can you set it up so I get them the log in credentials for the sale?”

“Sure. But why?”

“They get the log in, attack the corporate pre sale with their bots, buy up half the seats. Then, re-sell the tickets and kick back 30% to you and I.”

“Oh, man that’s perfect. Half a mill or more easy. Done. How are they going to get us our thirty percent.”

“Don’t worry. There’s a poker game here in Manhattan that those guys play in. We’ll set up a private game and have them donk off the money to us over the course of a weekend. Do you play?”

“No. Do You?”

“Yeah. I got it. Just get the ticket shit sorted.”

The Don waves at Tammy. “What’s for lunch?”

Tammy, reads off a menu. “American Humble Stew. Go Back to Your Country Pie. And, Your Leaders are Lying to You Tea.”

“Okay. Sounds good. We’ll meet again tomorrow.” The Don looks at the two valets who were whispering. “I expect a complete breakdown of the ticketing plan first thing in the morning.:

“No problem.”

Pauncho, TomB, DAFCrew and 11 others repped this.
  15. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True Story!

RunSudoSane repped this.
  16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant.

RunSudoSane repped this.
  17. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What some expect: Welshly Arms
    What we all get: Alexi Lalas.

RunSudoSane repped this.
  18. RunSudoSane

RunSudoSane Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Thank you! I'm certain you got the "Tammy Tofu," Trinh Thi Ngo reference.
    Spat out some mac and cheese when I wrote those lunch dish lines.
    Had a blast writing. Brought me back to the B.A.N.A.N.A. days.
    Cheers! And, thanks to all who read and liked.

Bill Archer repped this.
  19. TKyle

TKyle Moderator
    Staff Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Dec 28, 2014
    Nordecke’s Porch
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AO can go die in a f.... um, a conflagration of flame.

shoplifter and Bill Archer repped this.
  20. Sagz

Sagz Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Cbus
    Looks like I got replacement tickets sent to me. I'm wary of them because they were sent using secure.tickets and not a direct ticketmaster transfer. I'm waiting to hear back from support.

So maybe Ill be there with one of my kids, possibly standing outside like a sad clown, but we will be there.

WhiteHartShame and hardhead repped this.
  21. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s just shitty luck.

22. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here it is:

Support (SeatGeek)

Dec 7, 2023, 7:04 AM PST

Hi William,

I’m reaching out regarding your recent purchase to MLS Cup: Los Angeles Football Club at Columbus Crew SC on 12/9/2023 at 4:00pm EST. Unfortunately, there was an issue outside of our control with these tickets, and they are no longer available.

While these situations are rare, when they do happen, we want to make sure that you're taken care of. We've processed a full refund on your order, and you can expect to see that reflected on your original payment method sometime within the next 3-5 business days.

If you’d like to discuss this further, please respond to this message with any questions and I'll be happy to address them however I can.

Thanks,
    Vince at SeatGeek

23. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Okay, I'm confused. I just got an email from the Nordecke that I got a deposit refund even though I already paid for the tickets and I see the charge on my credit card. I can only think that they didn't bake the deposit into the ticket price because it's easier just to refund all deposits in mass.

24. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paging @LaMacchia !!! Please pick up a black & gold courtesy phone...

LaMacchia repped this.
  25. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soooo many of us owe the birthday week boy a Kyle Brew this Saturday….