Pre-match: 2022 World Cup Oranje qualifying matches

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Brilliant Dutch, Mar 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are those hospitalized unvaccinated?

2. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    Why Rensch is called up then if he is not used to replace Dumfries when needed? Watching from the bench does not have any more advantage than watching from the stand or from home. What a waste of a spot! Oh well let's hope this scenario will not happen.

3. Not all. 44% of those admitted to hospital were double vaxxed, but most of them also in the 70ies.

4. I consider the Orange Squad to be the elite unit of Dutch soccer, only for those who have proven themselves in real competition.
    When someone degrades it into a greenhorn sanctuary, that person loses all credibility with me.
    Louis van Gaal rambles about Rensch being sooo talented.
    Feck you, loads have been annointed supertalented, but until a few years ago you had to have proven yourself in real competition, not in "jut en jul" Dutch second division level.
    And then he rambles about group dynamics and not wanting to disturb it. If the selection process from the very moment he took the helm was like he said was necesary, Karsdorp would have been included along.
    It's a stupid reasoning anyway, as in what way would he disturb it? More than for example Renscg suddenly having to play against Norway with their superfit players?
    Rensch was physically tested and failed against Heracles.

5. It's definitive, no fans with football matches for 3 weeks.

6. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    3 things that I wish for the Montenegro game:
    1. A win
    2. No injury
    3. No yellow card for Van Djik (but also no red card for any Dutch player).

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    The predicted Netherlands line-up for tonight, according to AD:

Bijlow;
    Dumfries, De Vrij, Van Dijk, Blind;
    De Jong, Wijnaldum, Klaassen;
    Malen, Memphis, Danjuma

Aside from out-of-form Malen, this is arguably the best offensive line up that LVG can put together at the moment. Should be sufficient to sneak in a win. Maybe Weghorst as pinch-hitter if a goal or two needed in 70+ minutes mark.

Hopeful to see Koopmeiners to get some minutes!! (I've been waiting sooo patiently for this to happen :rolleyes:)

gabrielguilarte and Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  8. Patience, grasshopper, patience.

DutchFanatic repped this.
  9. The Monty team has several players out with covid, supposing the others didnot get infected.
    So they will threaten our players to stay away from them by constantly sneezing and thus score for a 2-0 win:ROFLMAO:

10. Or they infect our players and everybody has to go into quarantain and Silly Louis has no choice but to call players that all play in the "jut en jul conference league".:ROFLMAO:

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Norway only get a 0-0 draw at home against Latvia. A win sends the Dutch on to Qatar.

DutchFanatic and richsavare repped this.
  12. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Latvia just did us a big favor, now let’s clinch the top of the group

13. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Wow!!! Norway choked, held to a 0-0 draw by brave Latvia!! Oranje will qualify with a W later on today.

14. Calm down. LvG put de Roon on the bench. So defensively were one man short in the midfield.
    I would have swapped de Roon with Koopmeiners, who has a far better pass kick than Klaassen. And we still would have defensive security on top of that.

15. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Did I hear (read) Koopmeiners?! :geek::geek::geek: Yes, sign me up.

16. You know if those Orange coaches just follow my BS leads, we would be counting WC titles instead of finals:D

DutchFanatic and Orange14 repped this.
  17. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    So Norway, after in a pole group position for most of the qualification, are now in the brink of elimination… Turkey overlapped them for the second place.

Both Turkey and Norway are playing away in their last matches… Norway needs to win, and hope that Turkey would stumble. But guess Norway is up to… :p

18. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #1418 Brilliant Dutch, Nov 13, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
    Turkey is now in 2nd place, which means they can still catch us if we lose today.

But we wont lose of course ;)

19. Virgil van Dijk has to be less casual as two dangerous situations occurred because of sloppy attitude.
    It only is Monenegro, but in our home match they got dangerous chances too.

20. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Memphis with solid PK! Definitely contact made, but Klaassen did a great job selling it to the referee :thumbsup::whistling:

BTW - Pitch looks awful, ball doesn’t even roll.

richsavare repped this.
  21. Yup, looks like a shoddy high pile carpet.

richsavare and BPBlueSox repped this.
  22. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Pitch is a disgrace. Montenegro negative play expected with some hacking and complaining to the soft Spanish referee.
    Dutch need to move the ball quicker but aforementioned pitch likely killing that idea.
    De Vrij has lots of space in front of him but does not take it instead he passes sideways which annoys me greatly.
    These type of matches and opponents on a crap pitch just suck.

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That was no penalty, but I'll take it.
    Non-penalty on Dumfries was much more convincing
    Ref is definitely on our side

gabrielguilarte repped this.
  24. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    So far we are playing terrible, midfield doesn’t create nothing. Klassen and Wijnaldum ghosting. You can only have one ghost, maybe it’s time for Wijnaldum to sit on the bench. We need a more dynamic midfielder. Time to bring Koop in. Malen is clearly out of form. Let’s see if we can improve a little bit.

25. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    They design the pitch like that on purpose.
    It slows down faster passing countries

BPBlueSox repped this.