2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I love how these kids keep running. Have no mercy!!!!

cabezamagica and Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  2. Luigi408

Luigi408 Member

May 16, 2010
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    My goodness. I wouldn't have ever guessed this would happen, but the quality and depth of this team has to be historic. This could be the best team Ecuador has ever assembled.

cabezamagica and Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  3. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    six goals...against Colombia nonetheless. 13 goals in the past 3 games is no coincidence. This team was built on the back of Liga and IDV's work literally for over a decade. When you go all in on youth development, this is a probably outcome. We still have a long way to go, and six months until the next game is going to be tough, but these guys are so damn ruthless...they wouldn't stop attacking. I love to see it!

cabezamagica repped this.
  4. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    ]
    We can’t be forgiving,any other team would do the same.

Primitive Ways and LDU4ever repped this.
  5. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not only do we win games but we do it with style.

This team can only get better once our depth becomes complete (Alvarado, Porozo, Johan Mina, etc...).

We truly have been blessed with this generation since several players popped out of nowhere and made us go from a good team to a great team.

cabezamagica and LDU4ever repped this.
  6. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I’m just hoping it doesn’t go over their heads like last time.

7. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    6 goals is impressive. I'm more impressed with the fact they didn't let up. They were going hard until the very end. What's interesting is that we don't really have that one superstar level player that carries the entire team. It's been a team effort so far. In the past we had Antonio Valencia. Before Toño I guess you can say it was Edison Mendez. Alex Aguinaga before him. We have depth and that's something we didn't really have in the past. Not that I can recall at least. There's some players that weren't called up the past 4 games for a multitude of reasons but come March it may be a different story. No doubt that Porozo and Alvarado will be part of this process. Gaibor is another player that comes to mind. Sierra and Intriago have talent. I still think Toño has something left in the tank and can help this group of players develop. There's work to do and it only has been 4 games but this team is exciting. Many people aren't even paying attention to them. Is it because covid is on their mind? Are they still getting over the disillusionment from the last qualifiers? If they keep this up people will have no choice but to take notice.

8. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Last time around a whole bunch of other shit happened that led to the team's demise. You're right though, humility is key. This process has just begun and there's a lot of football to be played.

9. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I wonder how this team would have fared against the 2009 side. That team was good. They let some games slip away but that squad dominated Brazil. I will never forget that.

10. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    These kids are winners bro,they know what they’re capable of ,and are not scare to bring it.We still have ways to go,but that fire to succeed just keeps getting bigger.how many goals were missed and given away,once we consolidate,we’re going to be a team to be reckoned with.

Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  11. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    These kids have that winning mentality and Alfaro is keeping them grounded, great combination.

I'll go as far as to say I see this generation finally getting a Copa America.

However, I hope we keep youth development going so we can fill in gaps when the time comes.

12. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

No comment

13. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I dont care what anybody says we about to hit up notthern blvrd and start an Ecuadorian parade.

14. mac-0n3

mac-0n3 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What a match, I was watching the Colombian Feed (Caracol TV)
    The commentators were in utter shock at how well Ecuador played and how they were disciplined in their tactics .
    They couldn't stop Gushing over Mena , ne played amazing.

15. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That’s the link I’m using,it’s great link.hopefully it’ll work for the other games.its work for me so far!I would suggest for peeps here to save it,it’s on this thread ,some pages back.Better than rojadirectas links.

16. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito

I said it before we dont need to stress about having world class players but rather forming a competative team. And this is what is being done with Alfaro.

18. GPisco

GPisco Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Toronto, On
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I love how they tried to give Plata his shirt back in the celebration huddle so he wouldn’t get the yellow

19. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Best part of the video is the reaction of Queiroz at 1:25.

He talked SO badly of Ecuador numerous times and Ecuador took it personal with this match.

20. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I am shocked that only a month later, they have topped not only that Uruguay 4-2 win, but I am putting this up there with that 5-2 win against Paraguay. I am hesitant in saying it’s better because that 0-2 remontada can’t be overlooked. But I digress.

This team is fluid, loose, easy going, and attack oriented. I’ll say this- I love that the narrative of these wins has been “so and so team played really bad, Ecuador are still not a top conmebol squad regardless of the dominance they displayed”. If they can continue to be the underdog, they can stay humble and hungry. We haven’t won anything other than 9 points.

These Arreaga penalties, and that brain fart Plata had after that gorgeous goal shows the lack of experience. I think this is fixable, I think we have a real squad for many years to come. This team has allowed us to dream, and if we can really keep up this momentum, dare I say it: we may even get out of the group stages in Copa America, like someone said before me haha

Allan_Somewhere and mac-0n3 repped this.
  21. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hope this team does well in Copa America. That would silence the critics if only temporarily. A lot of people are saying that the only reason they've won these three games is because they're used to playing in Quito's altitude. It's a lazy argument. In the past playing in Quito did provide the team with a distinct advantage because a lot of the players played in Liga, El Nacional. Deportivo Quito, ect. That's not the case anymore. A lot of our players now play abroad. Against Uruguay only Preciado and Moises Caicedo are accustomed to playing in Quito. Against Colombia it was Perlaza, Caicedo, and Munoz (who was subbed out after 30 minutes).

22. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Colombians think they’re Brazil? Watching some YouTube clips and man....it’s like they had won 10 World Cups.

23. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    It's also worth noting exactly how Ecuador's defense suffocated Argentina in game 1. I saw a heatmap of where Messi was running, and homie never made it anywhere near the net. It was a lock down.

Defensively, we can certainly make some adjustments to form a more solid back line, but overall, I think we're okay. I'm still dizzy at watching the last game's highlights....and I wasn't even running at altitude jajaja.

24. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If they keep that attitude (both the team and fans), they're going to have a very rude awakening at the end of the qualifiers.

Agreed. Defense still needs some tweaks but I want to also give credit to our midfield that not only has protected our backline better but has allowed the attack to flow much better as well.

25. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If Arreaga can minimize his mental errors and cuts back on his reckless/clumsy challenges he can be a solid defender. He's only 26 so he can still improve.