2022 WC Qualifiers

Discussion in 'Ecuador - National Team' started by Primitive Ways, Jul 17, 2018.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I don't know about Klinsmann. Has he ever coached in South America? I'm hesitant about coaches who haven't coached in South America. Look at what happened with Colombia.

2. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    What worries me most about Klinsmann is the cultural differences, his lack of knowledge of Ecuadorian football, Quito and of course South American football. Mexico with Sven-Göran Eriksson is another good example of that.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Alfaro had experience managing teams in South America but he wasn't experienced with Ecuadorian football. Celico helped him a lot initially when he first took over.

What about Miguel Angel Ramirez? He's another name that comes to mind.

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That's a great pick!

MAR would be amazing despite questionable time spent in Charlotte. He's fearless.

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    In his defense Charlotte was an expansion team. Expansion teams historically don't do well in their debut season. Guardiola could have been their coach but they wouldn't have fared much better. He has experience coaching in Ecuador. He's familiar with a lot of the players. He also favors a more offensive style of play.

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    How is Mattéo Guendouzi doing ?

I always liked him at Arsenal

7. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I do like him more than Guillermo Almada. Something about Almada doesnt fully convince me probably the BSC quarter finals elimination and the time they got eliminated on pens by that venezuelan or paraguayan team. we are likely to lose him to MX and Uruguay eventually anyways.

8. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can't forget Napa! The kid is going to be a great GK

9. Allan_Somewhere

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If Alfaro leaves I just want the next coach to teach these boiz how to make runs.

Yesterday we could have scored more if just one player made a run into the left wing frequently.

10. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Napa has potential. He just needs minutes.

Another kid to keep an eye on is Alan Minda. He's a LW. If he hadn't injured his knee I think he would have been transferred to Europe by now.

11. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Argentina doing Mexico a favor….

12. cabezamagica

cabezamagica Member

Feb 10, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Miguel Angel Ramirez is trending as replacement for Alfaro,he also has voiced interest in coaching La Tri. I’m 100% behind this.

LDU4ever and Allan_Somewhere repped this.
  13. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I didn’t get to see Spain play today but I find their style to be “outdated” now. Maybe it worked back then when it was that Barça core.