2022 WC qualification--tracking the rankings (R)

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Robert Borden, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I mean as our group, selecting one from each pot. It'd be quite challenging for the NT.

2. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I mean for Trinidad and Tobago yeah they were in the last Hex all be it they finished dead last but still T & T have not been to a World Cup since Germany 2006. I still remember their opening game against Sweden like it was yesterday and how it ended in a 0-0 draw but also then their 2nd game against England, they were outplayed right from opening whistle and lost but they did put up quite a good fight despite losing 2-0 or was it 3-0 can't quite remember that. Then their last game against Paraguay, they could have won that game but lost I think or did they draw?

But either way since then T & T have not been to a World Cup. 2018 they could have been there if they got proper results. 2022 can they make it? I mean it is possible...I mean I really wanna see the Soca Warriors back on the world stage but if it doesn't happen in 2022, then 2026 is more likely especially with the 2026 FIFA World Cup being 48 teams.

However, with Jamaica they haven't been to a World Cup since France 1998. That is even longer to be gone from the world stage. Jamaica I really want to see them back and why? So I can see all the Jamaica fans where I am from gather together at their Jamaican restaurants and bars watching their team...because where I come from here in Toronto, a huge Jamaican contingent, during World Cup time if Jamaica is there, you would see so many Jamaican flags on cars

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England scored in the 83rd minute and stoppage time to beat T&T 2-0, and Paraguay also won 2-0. Shaka Hislop was the goalkeeper for T&T's first two games, and giving up only 2 goals in those 2 games combined was impressive. He now works for ESPN.

IASocFan and Paul Calixte repped this.
  4. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To this day, Shaka standing on his head against Sweden is one of my favorite World Cup memories.

IASocFan repped this.
  5. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Trinidad and Tobago though managed to beat USA to eliminate them from qualifying...still remember it like it was yesterday and it was not even their A or B team it was their C team.

However, for T & T to qualify for Qatar, they need to use their A team for all qualifiers

6. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but you might as well forget about that. Trinibago's current state is more accurately reflected by them finishing dead last in both their Gold Cup group and their Nations League group.

7. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Which is why I said Jamaica has a better chance of qualifying for Qatar 2022