2022 National Team Thread

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by La Trucha, Jan 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It just shows how backwards our league is. The USL is better than our league and comes to show it as a CPL team is better than one of the giants in our league. The use of travel is showing on these guys, and the players are showing their league stature.
    Monday vs the US. Huge game.

2. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Starting to cringe everytime I see a player with potential signing for a USL team

It is what it is and it's a semi professional league

3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    DC United reserve team seems to be just as good as El Salvador's sub champion CD Aguila starters. They tied last week 1-1. That should say something. I think they were only missing Kevin Santamaria. D.C. United having a terrible season so far.

I think El Salvador players should really be looking to play in Costa Rica mid tier 1st division team or maybe low tier 1st division Mexican club. Most of the players in El Salvador don't have the athleticism, 90+ minute concentration, and can tactically quickly adjust to play in the MLS, South American, and European clubs. You can't just throw in a player that plays an amateur level futbol into a way higher pro futbol league. Look at Zelaya in MLS and USL it didn't work. Most top Salvadoran players from the 2010s looked average or below average in the MLS besides Ramon Sanchez and Jaime Alas. Jaime Alas's bad timing with personal situation did ruin his career/performance and then he got comfortable playing in Guatemala.

USL is fine but the exposure is very low for these players. Coaching staff is way better than El Salvador, but I don't think it will greatly improve the player, just a bit of their condition. It won't solve the national team problem. At least the player will be more consistent, should last more than the 45 minutes with the training environment provided, and a bit more tactical exposure to the player.

I was thinking with the new league they're starting in El Salvador they should seek USL coaches, 2nd division Mexico coaches, and maybe Costa Rican league coaches, South American pro club's successful youth level coaches, or even MLS coaches that are about to retire. Instead of the same recycled coaches in the league.

Quintanilla did well in one of Costa Rica's top clubs past his prime but I don't see any players from the Salvadoran league at his level near his prime or even past it. Kevin Santamaria seems to be our #10 and he's nowhere near his level and he's 31 years old.

The only player I can see going abroad is Bryan Tamacas from the Salvadoran league. Maybe lower tier MLS, lower tier La Liga MX, or mid tier maybe high tier Costa Rican club. Harold Osorio potentially could but he needs to be quicker with and without the ball. Maybe Styven Vasquez but I think most clubs outside the country would rather risk their chance purchasing a South American or Mexican player instead.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  4. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I have to agree. Guatemala has brought many players of Guatemalan descent from the USL.

THE MAJORITY TEND TO FLOP.

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    El Salvador needs to export players to South American leagues.

SamKnight and halfnhalf89 repped this.
  6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I’m concerned about Tamacas he took a hit in the head from a US player attempting a bicycle kick. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is subbed off also real bad job by the refs for not doing concussion protocol.

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Golazo de Larin my goodness.

Blue_nation724, edcalvi and La Trucha repped this.
  9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    edcalvi and La Trucha repped this.
  10. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    *sigh* damn we are down a man now we had told our composure and choosing the worst time to lose it.

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    That's why he plays in the best club of Central America. ;)

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Same ********ing story as always we can’t close out games and our defenders stay ball watching tied 1-1.

6 minutes added.

13. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It’s like in 2009 all over when ES threw away a 2-0 lead to USA at home.

14. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Gotta blame two players for two situations.
    1- either Tamacas or Martinez for not dropping the US player in the middle of the field and forcing Rodriguez to drop musah, getting him a red
    2- cabalceta at the end, Mario has that ball and he kicks it out. That resulting corner forces Mario to save & then the cross comes from pulisic, though the defense is to blame for standing around as well. Maybe even Mario for not coming out and claiming the ball

15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Mario needs to learn to snatch the ball out of the air it’s a very bad habit ingrained into every aspect of our football. It is headache inducing seeing all our keepers punch the damn ball out of the air when most of the time the opponent isn’t challenging them, they are cool with our guys just grabbing it because they already have the advantage in positioning.

Before the red they got too cute when they had the second goal on a silver platter. Honduras killed Canada that way and we couldn’t do the same to the US ugh.

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Futslv on twitter brought up a real good point, Jairo has vanished completely since his first outings where he reminded us of his U20 days. This is concerning since this stint abroad is due to his early play his run with Aguila was nothing to write home about. Hopefully he can get himself right by next set of friendlies but honestly I would be okay if Hugo leaves him off so he can get used to his club and hopefully adapt to the style of training the USL will have for him.

17. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would usually agree but i think yesterday there’s a pass. There was rain, and that field def was wet. That ball would have been wet. If he tried grabbing any of those air balls and it slips from him? Oh man.
    I do think the US goal he should’ve come out though. Just look at Navas with CR vs NX earlier in the day, the last couple of centers NZ three in he was all over them. That shows the big difference in what they teach abroad and at home.

Jairo has fallen Im fatigue. I genuinely believe that’s what it is. While he did play abroad some, he never had much chance to actually play, and i think it shows. Beginning of the seaskn, amazing. End, kind of gassed out.

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Elections are coming up btw.
    1538975963232489473 is not a valid tweet id

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    This is big looks like they are willing to eat a suspension from FIFA if the government is doing this.

1547612006114418692 is not a valid tweet id

20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    “1547612006114418692 is not a valid tweet id”

What does it say?

Ffs :thumbsdown:

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Government raid on FESFUT and Hugo Carillo, so we can expect a lengthy suspension from FIFA very soon. Some people are happy this is happening without looking at the bigger picture: Goodbye international competition on every level which means no WCQ for 2026, any chance of players going abroad. But more importantly that means Hugo and his coaching staff is gone because they aren’t going to stick around once the suspension kicks in it would be just a waste of time (only Alianza fans would be happy about that) also we can close the door on any dual nationals picking El Salvador.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    @La Trucha
    This Twitter thread breaks it down. By what I’m understanding it sounds like a flex move by the Bukele’s the ego they have might have just given the NT the equivalent to the “death penalty” sanction they issue to college programs in the US.

Blue_nation724, slaminsams and La Trucha repped this.
  24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    My last point these changes mean very little in the grand scheme if the leagues and clubs aren’t going to level up and actually take processes seriously from youth to adult.

25. slaminsams

slaminsams Member+

Mar 22, 2010
    It’s horrible timing because with Canada, Mexico and the USA likely to receive automatic spots the the 26 world cup. Honduras and Costa Rica are on a bit of a down cycle we might have had a shot at a world cup spot.

Guatemala’s ban really hurt their program to the point that I feel we passed them at the national team level. I see a lot of people writing this won’t be a big deal and it will fix the corruption but it likely won’t lead to actual tangible improvements just set us back when we had some decent young guys with wqc experience a decent coach and probably the most realistic path to the world cup since the 90’s taken away for what is essentially a pissing match between Yamil Bukele and Carillo both of whom are terrible at their jobs and should both step aside but neither will so instead they will ruin what few bright spots there where in the football program

Blue_nation724 and Grimmjow316 repped this.