2022 Gameday 15: RSL at Vancouver, 4 June 5 pm MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, May 31, 2022.

1. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Well, we should have been up by a goal or two before the 90th. Really bad choice from Herrara.

2. Allez RSL

Allez RSL Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Home
    Nobody got hurt on the turf, I guess?

3. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another result where I'm left wondering if we're good or not.

Allez RSL repped this.
  4. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m surprised that people still wonder if we’re good or not. We aren’t. Talent-wise we aren’t. I think other teams with better talent have been awful at stepping on our throats. That’s not the same as us being good. At the same time I’m willing to entertain the thought that RSL might have an indefinibile “it”. That something which opens opportunities for success.

goobx1 repped this.
  5. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of all people I can’t believe I’m the one who is going to disagree here but… here I am

I’m not saying we’re great, but we’re certainly not bad. The results speaks for themselves. The Vancouver match - like any road match in this league, but especially one on turf in Canada - was a tough one for anyone. propping it up as evidence of the team not being good isn’t accurate. Especially considering the fashion in which rsl dropped the points.

This wasn’t an nyc trip where we got played off the field

6. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I try to remind myself time and time again that this is not an MLS Cup winning roster as of yet.

But, and this is a big BUT, this is a winning "team" in every sense of Ted Lasso. It's a team that has come together and plays incredibly well as a team and is very fun to watch.

That is great to see and I hope that as new players are brought in that the team focus can continue. If you have the roster you don't necessarily need the team to be all Ted Lasso but it certainly doesn't hurt and can only help to turn good teams into possible dynasties and franchises with great cultures that continues to draw quality players to continue winning ways.

There are still holes to fill for sure. Brody, Chang, Meram, for example. All good players that you need on a team but if they, along with others like Schmitt, Holt, etc. are starting then your roster needs improving.

RSLer repped this.
  7. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Herrera’s first bad decision was to play a weak ass cross into the box near stoppage time. It allowed the Vancouver keeper to launch a counter and we lose. Had Herrera kept that ball on the deck worked his way into the corner Vancouver would have been pinned back and we would be leaving with a point.

goobx1 repped this.
  8. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got to enjoy this game via radio in a car. It was over Sirius so that meant I got the Vancouver crew, of course

the way they called the game made it feel like the first 15 was even. Next 15 tilted to Vancouver. And final 15 of the first half were all Vancouver

second half was RSL for 30, with the last 15 shifting back a bit.

the guys for Vancouver had good things to say about rsl. Kept saying the roster overall was good. However the only player they would warrant as being great was savarino.

there was an apparent embellishment by meram (shocking, I know) in the first half that sent off the commentators for a good 2 or 3 mins

Feels like we dropped a point in this one

rslfanboy and goobx1 repped this.
  9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's it for me on starting threads in 2022.

15 to 32 repped this.
  10. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m just now getting to watch the game. After the first Vancouver goal McMann took off for Brody like he was shot out of a cannon. He was quite animated and gave him an earful. It was justified. Brody’s feet looked like they had taken root. Had he reacted it’s possible he could have broken up the shot, I guess.

11. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *McMath

12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007