2022 Dynamo kits

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured the called it the Bayou Kit because the light color represents water and what Houston looks likes when it's under water from the bayous flooding

2. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    If they actually wore it during the day or in Texas you'd be right. Given it is the alternate jersey, though, and not the home jersey plus the primary kit only clashes with a few teams, they only wear the thing like 5-10 times per season. They'll wear it on opening day at home to sell the thing. Maybe one other time at home all season. Both times at night. Then 3-8 times during the season on the road.

quiznatodd_bidness repped this.
  3. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #53 juvechelsea, Feb 18, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2022
    sounds nice but our record sucks and i would be reconsidering every aspect of what i was doing, not justifying it element by element.

"the road" includes kc, dallas, and austin. i would prefer to be wearing white if possible. failing that orange instead of black. our road record has been awful for years. so, not interested in defending something that was perhaps part of that. "oh, we just use that away." you mean where we play half our fixture list and win a game a season?

for example of other things to consider, our road record since kinnear quit is pitiful. max out at 2 wins. even 2017 we won 1 road game regular season. but i bet if i depersonalized it, it's tactics. kinnear had tactics that traveled well. 433 doesn't travel well. QED.

home record is more complicated. they were very good in 2017, for example.

i think more consideration used to be given to where we play weather wise, how well the team will handle it, and how that relates to uniforms and tactics. the response of late has been to run straight into the woodchipper on tactics and just try to sign latin american players used to the heat and humidity, as opposed to think about whether the scheme and such works in the heat in the first place.

honestly, we should be playing indoors. fans would be happier and more plentiful.

and black was not an original color associated with success, it was a brief fashion thing associated with failure, and it's now played out and a bunch of teams have their own black jerseys we have to steer so hard around we're tossing random orange on the sleeves just to look different.

to be real, the logo switch suggests they are steering hard the other direction, towards more black and orange with perhaps grey. the logo looks like @$$ so factor that in on the fashion sense. but if the logo stays then so does the color scheme, even if i feel like we continue to double down on similar tactics, fashion choices, etc. to what hasn't been working. just with a modest payroll bump. "resources." you see them lying all around, right, those new resources??

but anyways, my point is i would not take for granted the efficacy of anything we did in years where we finished last. either scientifically or as bad juju.

4. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
  5. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I think you missed the part where I pointed out that we rarely wear black on the road either. Same was true of white, by the way. We rarely wore white when that was our secondary color.

Out of curiosity I went back and counted how many times we wore black last season. The total? Two times. That's it.

July 7th at Seattle
    Oct 3 at FC Kansas City (where we actually don't need to because no color clash, so likely trying to shake it up)

I'd go back and count how often we wore white the last time we had a white shirt, but I've better things to do and I know the answer is not much more than that because with the exception of Cincinnati (who didn't exist at the time) and now NYCFC with their new kit, we don't color clash with anyone's primary kit.

So, to my original point, much like gnashing teeth over a 3rd round draft pick, making an issue out of what color the secondary kit is because we're a Texas team is pretty pointless.

6. quiznatodd_bidness

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Apr 14, 2020
    CeltTexan repped this.
  7. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure is!
    In the MLS main boards I directed a comment to the NYCFC front office staff to stay in their lane with using a orange jersey as we have that covered for many years now down here in Houston.

8. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    @juvechelsea Since you obviously didn't read it the first time, let me help you out with what I said about the secondary kit. I even bolded the relevant part to make it that much easier for you.

CeltTexan and quiznatodd_bidness repped this.
  9. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  10. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    #61 juvechelsea, Apr 20, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    i noticed the team involved, but we are, you know, related. if it's still in play for them, they could evolve on us.

i thought the "often" point might be the case but just don't follow them. figured if so someone might pipe up. so, there you go. i do think it matters that they are doing blue and not forcing them as well in this black and orange path. blue is not off the approved palette.

white would be smarter than black in this climate, blue is better than black practically, and while some of the black unis are good, i think the camo-esque thing and similarity to others, as well as the tweaking of the shield, suggests we are on diminishing returns with the new look and straining a little bit. NYC has the nicer orange jersey which is a travesty, and black has ceased to stand out in a league of several black teams. ours is now a cutesy black which suggests we even know it. and we've abandoned the astros rainbow nod which had a local, specific vibe.

anyhow, thought the columbia blue contingent might appreciate it. keep the faith.

11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love it!!!
    Talk about going long on the classic orange lone star on the neck of the shirt. Great look for our women's team! Then bringing back the Space City blue stars as well on the front. Just a sharp looking jersey that really bleeds Houston.

12. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006