2022-23 UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 2: Man¢h€$t€₹ ¢ity vs Borussia Dortmund

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Sep 13, 2022.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Due to Queen Elizabeth's passing no Premier League games were played, meaning M. City will be well rested.

A lot of online chatter says BVB should save their energy for Saturday's Revierderby because M. City are too strong, but the thing is I hate losing to that smug Catalan.

Maybe winning would be asking for too much, but if we can deny them both wins I'll be satisfied.

2. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    For me the question is not are we going to lose, but how bad will be the correction... And how many goals will Haaland score and what will be his reaction after he scores!

3. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    All that really matters to me is not losing to that smug Catalan.

4. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No Schlotterbeck is very bad news, Can starting is even worse. It’s not looking promising.

BVBFNM repped this.
  6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Well, we survived the first 30 minutes. We also know that Haaland only needs that one chance.
    Maybe Terzic didn't want us to be too deep in our half but I would have preferred another big body in defense with Schlotterbeck as well. We won't hold back their midfield anyways and Can isn't the type with super press resistance or the killer passes/dribbles for our offense.

One thing we should improve, there were a couple of situations when we could have kept possession and City wasn't even pressing us hard but we still lost the ball too fast. Chasing the ball will make us more tired.

BvB_Peon repped this.
  7. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm honestly surprised how relatively often we get into promising situations.
    We just have to avoid getting caught in transition.

BVBFNM repped this.
  8. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    0-0 at the half, better then I expected... Haaland being one of the most prolific goal scorer of the CL, it's pretty good! Now let's see the 2nd half...
    A draw is a win for me today.

BVBFNM repped this.
  9. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    My god Modeste is bad.... It is so blatantly obvious that the CL is miles above his league. An absolute passenger and I keep wondering why Terzic insists on sticking with him. Time for Moukoko to play. Bellingham has also been a ghost and RG is shaky, to say the least.

On the bright side we are defensively sound thus far. Surprised at the good distribution from Meyer.

10. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    In Modeste's defence, at least he's helping out defensively.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    About Modeste, I don't want to beat up on the emergency signing but I have to say that if you are that limited technically, you need to adjust your style, especially if you are an experienced player. There was a very good transition opportunity for us where he played a miserable direct pass instead of taking the additional contact to maybe ideally send one of the attackers through for a 1 vs 1. It's not that the one mistake by itself is bad, it's the mindset behind it that bothers me.

But I suppose experience and great header abilities are valuable today.

12. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Reus almost with a great goal. Nice, clean attack initiated by a direct Modeste contact...

13. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Goal Bellingham. We take the lead and the way the second half went, it's not even a surprise.

14. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I can't get use to seeing Haaland in that ugly blue shirt!! Same for Gundogan, but it's been so long now, he's more one of them then he was one of us...

15. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is this even possible?! More then 30 minutes to go, lets not get our hope to high...
    However, they'll need 2 goals to win so that's nice...

A storm is coming....

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:1. Great goal and more than 10 minutes for us to go.
    It was a rocket but I think that's the kind of balls that Kobel saves.

17. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Is it me or this was poor goal keeping? When is Kobel back anyway?

18. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And now Haaland scores. We needed more fresh players. It was obvious that the players were too tired.

19. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    And Haaland score for the Traditional BvB Meltdown...
    We need this keeper off the team asap....

eaglespark repped this.
  20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    It was terrible goal keeping. We worked hard, but we went to defensive and should have brought players to keep the ball. There's a huge gap on quality.

21. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Malen looks like he's been on the pitch for 120 minutes. Lazy bastard.

22. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    That Stones goal was a killer for us, cannot happen. Lazy play to not close off the space and allow the shot but that has to be saved no question. The ball was less than 30cm away from the keeper regardless of movement.

23. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Bad goalkeeping for the first goal IMHO. But I think the blame here has to go to Terzic, because he made an amateur mistake in adding an additional CB. Before he did that, City were as tame as they could be. Adding Nico changed the balance and the result is evident.

BVBFNM repped this.
  24. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I was expecting a blowout and we lost by only one goal, we'll take positive however we can this year...

hava repped this.
  25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yeh a good keeper probably saves the second.

The good thing is Sevilla drew. So if we can beat Sevilla at home and Copenhagen away that should be enough to make the last 16. I don't see us going any further than that.

It will be a wasted year if we don't build for the future.

BvB_Peon repped this.