2022-23 UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 1: Borussia Dortmund vs FC København

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Sep 5, 2022.

1. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    A new CL campaign begins!

Just because Copenhagen are the weakest club on paper doesn't mean we should underestimate them, after all last season we had one of the easiest CL groups ever and got bounced off to the EL.

Alex C, eaglespark and hava repped this.
  2. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    must win game plain and simple

BVBFNM repped this.
  3. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Hazard still manages to regularly get minutes. He's a starter today. I would play Moukoko as a winger instead, rather than sit him on the bench and then cry when he leaves at the end of the season.

eaglespark repped this.
  4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Kobel not available, that's a big loss. In the last years, we had a pretty strong backup situation with Bürki/Hitz. We'll have to see how good Meyer is or whether we are effed without Kobel.

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    From 2. Bundesliga straight to CL.

Meyer has sure been thrown into the deep end.

6. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    1:0 Reus. Tough game, not the best football but pretty much in control so far.

BVBFNM repped this.
  7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Beautiful assist from Brandt for the first goal!

eaglespark repped this.
  8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Great from the both of them. Quality players. Reus marches ever closer to being our top goalscorer. Brandt has been so underrated for the last year or so.

astrophyz and BVBFNM repped this.
  9. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    2:0 after a great team effort. Ball won after pressing and then unselfish execution of the counter.
    I was just about to say that almost everything positive comes over our right side until I was proven wrong.

10. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    excellent match by us.

11. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Good win, clean sheet thanks to VAR. Both CBs looked good and had crucial interceptions. Süle's run to draw away two defenders was an important element of the first goal.
    We'll need 6 points against Kopenhagen obviously. They were quite dirty and over the limit at times, maybe they'll have success with that against Sevilla.

Özcan has become a key player after only a few games. Bayern's options in midfield are clearly on another level but it almost hurts how much better he's doing his job than what was expected of Can.
    I don't think Brandt has looked better for us. I always thought he'd be useless forever defensively but it's amazing how a positive, confident and hungry attitude has made him so much better against the ball.

Tough week ahead with Leipzig next followed by ManCity and then the Derby. Hopefully some players will return.

astrophyz repped this.
  12. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Three points and a clean sheet. Flawless victory.

Towards the end we had eight Germans on the pitch, which is pretty nice.

eaglespark repped this.