2022/2023 Season Prep thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by The Zeta Variant, Mar 3, 2022.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

So more Esgaio, more mistakes, and more lost points. Esgaio should've been the first one shipped out. Dude is absolute dog shit.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lets pray Porro has no injuries :D

3. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vinagre to be loaned out already? Man, that’s a weird signing right there. Costly too.

fdasilva repped this.
  4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Goncalo Esteves officially loaned to Estoril for the season, no option to buy. The (still!) 17 year old will hopefully have a whole season to play and develop.

5. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Morita signs

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes its finally official. Signs a 4 year deal and a 45M euro clause.

Looks like we were just waiting for July to come as the economic year ends June 30th and we didnt want to include this transfer in last years finances.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    As expected now that July rolled around expect to see official moves happen:

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder what our plans are for the striker position and maybe one more mid/winger? Not a ton of rumors beyond Trincao.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Rumor was that selling Pahlinha will allow us to close up the Trincao deal, because Barca wants a mandatory option to buy at $20 million. I just think $22 million is insanely low for a dude who was MASSIVE in getting us our title, and should be a regular in the NT for years to come. There was a point where Pahlinha was our best player.

As for a forward, I completely agree. We desperately need someone to replace Sarabia's production AND a couple of other more reliable options off the bench.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Paulinho :D

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Palhinha confirmed at the airport he was heading to Fulham for medical tests and to sign with the newly promoted English club. He said goodbye to his teammates this morning.

---

João Palhinha is currently leaving for London, where he will undergo medical examinations and sign a contract valid for 5 seasons with Fulham.

At the start of the new stage of his career, the midfielder admits that he is fulfilling a dream but stresses his satisfaction for having contributed to returning Sporting to the titles.

"I'm very proud of what I did at Sporting with my colleagues. I'm going to play for the best league in the world. That's when it had to happen, nothing was forced", began by saying the midfielder, at Humberto Delgado Airport, to CNN Portugal, revealing that he was at the Academy this morning, where he said goodbye, in an emotional way, to his former teammates.

"I went to the Academy to say goodbye to my colleagues. It cost me a lot, more than I expected. I just have to thank you for everything I've experienced at Sporting. I leave fulfilled because we managed to rebuild the club", said Palhinha.

Marco Silva, Fulham's coach, played a decisive role in the transfer, which will guarantee Sporting's coffers 20 million fixed euros, plus 2 M€ for goals. "He was fundamental. He loved me a lot and he showed me that through his persistence, because he spoke to me more than once. I'm looking to succeed. I'm going to the best league in the world and I want to demonstrate my value. As I said, I leave here fulfilled for having won trophies and rebuilt the club", added Palhinha.

https://www-record-pt.translate.goo..._sl=pt&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

AlexJones19 repped this.
  12. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Happy to see a player leaving on good terms for once.

Feel the fee could have been a bit better, but at least it's something

natenate101 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Maybe if it was a bigger club. But if it's only Fulham and Wolves interested...

14. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes a good move all round really. I’m really pleased he made it at Sporting, he seemed to always be the next in line to replace William Carvalho but at one point it looked like that wasn’t going to happen.

He’s been a crucial part of our rebuild and has been brilliant the last couple of years. I wish him luck in the premier league, if he performs well it’ll be a good chance to get a move to a club further up the table too

natenate101 repped this.
  15. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Best part is the year he returned from Braga there were rumours we were going to sell him before he even got a shot at our lineup ….Braga had a clause where they would get 15% of the transfer if that happened …. F U Braga ;)

AlexJones19 repped this.
  16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Palhinha signs for Fulham on a deal worth up to 22M euros. We also have 10% of a future transfer fee.

natenate101 repped this.
  17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Diogo Abreu officially signs for Sporting after his contract with FC Porto expired. He has a 45M euro clause. He's regarded as one of the most talented midfielders in his generation and another young player we've signed after they ended their contract with our rival up north.

[​IMG]

Multiple rumours today that we are negotiating the transfer of 27 year old winger Rochinha from Guimaraes. His contract is up in 2023 so it could be an opportunity to sign him for a lower fee. The rumoured offer is 2M euros.

natenate101 repped this.
  18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Rochinha is a stud. I'd love that signing.

19. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How old is this kid? Is he a first team candidate or a few years off? I’m a bit worried about the midfield if Nunes leaves. But so far it sounds like he is cool with staying which would be awesome.

Do you guys see Morita as a starter along with Nunes and Ugarte in the midfield?

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Technically he's quite gifted, and pretty cheap too, and it keeps with the philosophy of signing players that are already in the league and don't need a lot of time to adapt. We'll need the depth.

Diogo is 19.

IMO Ugarte and Nunes are ahead, Morita is 3rd option (we play usually in a 2 man midfield, unless this season we see a change from the 3-4-3 formation).

21. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Trincao is on his way

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes spanish media saying we've accepted to loan him and an option to buy for 20M (not sure if its obligation)

To add to that, we're expecting the signings today of Rochinha for 2M and Franco Israel, Juventus U23 GK, for less than 1M.

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We need a forward who can score. All we have is whack ass Paulinho

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Dont think we're signing a pure #9 i think after seeing the tail end of last season and how we scored 3+ goals a game without a fixed striker.

25. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Really a shame that Sil was a knucklehead.... Could have still been useful to us