2021 Winter Transfer Thread, Let the Rumors Begin!

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Lots of "thunder" but no "lightning" from Paritici this window.

2. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Better no-one than a panic buy

gumbacicc, usnroach and juveeer repped this.
  3. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We supposedly signed some kid striker from Catania on deadline day. Presumably he will head to the U-23s for now.

From football-italia:

"....The Old Lady were on the lookout for a new centre forward to back-up Alvaro Morata, but they eventually signed a new striker for their Under 23 team in Emanuele Pecorino, 20, who has joined the Old Lady from Catania.

“I have mixed feelings because I am leaving the club and the city where I grew up,” Pecorino wrote on Instagram.

“I want to say goodbye to those who love me and those who do not approve my choice. I ask you to understand me before judging me. I am from Catania, I love my city, but this passion is now a job for me and that's why I signed with a Serie A club. I could not turn down the opportunity of a lifetime.

“I am not even 20 yet, but I can take the responsibility for my decisions. Thank you Catania and thank you fans, I will forever be one of you....”

4. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Well...that means both Lasagna and Pecorino changed clubs this window.:cool:

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You’re right, it’s Cagliari. He was connected to so many teams lol

6. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mandragora went on loan to Torino. Not sure if I saw that posted.

7. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juve and Ronaldo are discussing a renewal. We would extend him by a year to 2023.

Also, seems like Chiellini is having second thoughts about retiring at the end of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see him here at least one more year if he stays healthy.

Tifoso repped this.
  8. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If he stays healthy we should welcome him back.

Tifoso and usnroach repped this.
  9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    This summer is going to be tough. We don't know how much money the club will be able to spend, and we need quite a few reinforcements. We absolutely need a new CB, Chiello is too injury prone to be relied on. Not to mention we don't even know if he'll retire or not.
    We also need a new midfielder and striker and those don't come cheap.

Another thing we have to worry about is paying the clauses for McKennie and Morata to join permanently, though I imagine that won't take a huge chunk of the budget since it will be in installments.

I wonder who the club will sell, Bernardeschi would be an obvious choice, but considering he's one of Pirlo's favorites I don't see that happening. Bentancur is an unknown, he plays a lot but that's because we don't have other options and considering how awful he's been I think he should be shown the door.

I think Dybala needs to go as well, selling him could bring in some needed funds, though considering the season he's had who knows what his value is at this point.

10. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    McKennie, thankfully, has a clause that comes relatively cheap for a player of his quality. I believe it was something around 20M Euros, which was shrewd business for Juve.

I think it's clear to everyone that Bernardeschi isn't Juve quality and the club will look to offload him, be it by sale or loan, this summer.

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is supposed to be 18m paid in three installments and can rise with certain achievements.

The issue with the 50% sell on condition with boca when trying to sell Bentancur still a thing? That would make it less likely the club sells if that is the case. There has been a few reports linking Carlo and Rabiot from their PSG days. As it looks like Everton will be in Europe next season, they will have some money to spend. Even more so if they sell Kean as well.

The CB position should not be a problem at all, we still own Romero who is having a great season at Atalanta. Hopefully Rugani does well at Cagliari so we can get something for him.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juve have made the full purchase of McKennie official

Official | OPTION RIGHTS EXECUTED FOR MCKENNIE - Juventus

He has 31 appearances, four goals and a trophy (the Italian Super Cup) to his name already this season. Weston McKennie's adventure with the Juventus shirt started very well and, as they say, the numbers don't lie.

Wes has proven to be a very important resource for Coach Pirlo, having already put his signature on important performances and goals. It's impossible not to think about his goal against Barcelona at the Camp Nou, or the one in the Derby della Mole - his first in the black and white jersey.

It's also important to note that he is also the youngest midfielder in this league with at least four goals, as well as the best American scorer in Serie A history. In six of the goals he has actively participated in (four goals and two assists), Juventus have always won.

It's because of this, that as of today, he has become an outright Juventus player, with the Club having made the move permanent from Schalke 04.

WESTON MCKENNIE – OPTION RIGHTS EXECUTION

Turin, 3 March 2021 - Juventus Football Club S.p.A. has exercised the option right for the definitive acquisition of the registration rights of the player Weston McKennie from FC Gelsenkirchen-Schalke 04 e. V for a consideration of € 18.5 million, payable in three years. The consideration may increase up to additional € 6.5 million on achieving given conditions over the course of the duration of the contract. Juventus and the player have signed a contract of employment until 30 June 2025.

usnroach, gumbacicc and Dante repped this.
  13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if Juve pays the additional €6.5 million, €25 million for McKennie is a steal.

14. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I think that when Pirlo gets fired we should bring in Gasperini.

15. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    We should have moved for Gasperini rather than settling for Sarri.

Yes, it would have been a far more expensive operation and still a risk, but it's not like Sarri wasn't a risk either. Gasperini has been desperate to manage Juventus for years and he knows the club and its culture intimately.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Gasperini has done extremely well for Atalanta, but he was a failure at Inter then at Palermo. I think he's better suited for the smaller club like Atalanta that doesn't have as high expectations, plus he can tap into their scouting system which is top notch. Not sure he would get that at Juve.

17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yea, but that was in the past, as of now he's been solid with an Atalanta team that has been punching above their weight for a couple of years now.

I'd like to see the return leg vs Real and see what they can do with 11 men, hopefully the ref doesn't ruin this match as well.

That being said, I think he could do well here, he certainly couldn't do any worse than Pirlo.

18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I don't hold what happened at Inter against Gasperini at all, because they never should have hired him in the first place. That clusterfuck begins and ends with the Rat.

Of all the managers to succeed Mourinho, the c*nt chose Gasperini?

Gasp made his style and ideas perfectly clear to them, and they ignored him. They just assumed he would "come to his senses" and copy Mourinho. And maybe with the squad they had at the time, that's what Gasperini should have done. But he had told them from the start that he would be implementing his own style, and yet they hired him anyway.

Plus their fanbase was openly hostile to him from the start because of his Juventus background. That wouldn't be a problem here.

EDIT: And Marcello Lippi coached 11 clubs before he arrived at Juve and none of them were of a profile that qualified him to manage us (no, not even Napoli). But when his chance came, he seized it.

The same could be case for Gasperini.

19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Looks like Locatelli is first choice for the midfield this summer, with Jorginho as 2nd. I would prefer Locatelli as he's younger but either would be good.

juveeer repped this.
  20. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It should be Locatelli as the 1st, and 2nd choice with Aouar as the 3rd.

We should also act quickly with Locatelli because I have a feeling he will breakout to the rest of Europe this summer at the Euro's.

juveeer repped this.
  21. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For sure this, Inter didn't set him up for success unlike what they have done with Conte. Granted Conte had the history to show that he warranted them to bend over backwards for him and they are reaping the rewards.

I wish we went for Gasp instead of Sarri as well. It may be too late now. He is getting up there in age.

juveeer repped this.
  22. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    He barely got a run out at Inter. Calling that a failure is more on Inter management than Gasp.

I don't know if he would make a good manager for us or not, but I would have preferred him to the Sarri hire.

If the point of bringing in Sarri was to play beautiful, attacking football, I personally thing Gasp's footie is streets ahead in both departments.

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I like the idea of Gasperini, but one thing would concern me. Gasperini requires a high pace, high intensity, team press-style. If you have the entire team playing for Ronaldo, how do you reconcile those two things? That being said, some of the young guys we have brought on like Chiesa, McKennie, etc. I think would work exceptionally well with Gasperini given their work ethic.

24. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When you replace Ronaldo with Ilicic, there isn't that much difference with defensive workrate. But that is a good point. Additionally, I don't think Ronaldo will be here much longer. We cannot afford to keep him and rebuild the midfield.

25. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I dunno about that, just a few weeks ago they were talking about a one year extension so he might be here a couple more years. That is if he doesn't get frustrated and decides to leave, but I don't see that happening since that will basically mean him admitting he failed in coming to Juve, and you know Ronaldo won't want that on his mind.