2021 Season Member Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Pauncho, May 21, 2020.

1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The logic of this argument escapes me.

What fan or what sport in what city owes any league anything? Leagues, by their nature, don't give a crap about anyone but the owners. Period. They very seldom pretend otherwise

Dan Milton, stanger and catfish9 repped this.
  2. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    It's still possible someone may do passes, the ticket rep said he wasn't aware of any plans announced so far. It's possible COTA may do a park and ride to the new stadium as they do for OSU games (but on a smaller scale of course).

I imagine the city is trying to decide whether to keep Nationwide 2 way or not beyond the railroad bridges. There will be vehicle traffic to the stadium but the sidewalks are pretty narrow and not wide enough for large crowds walking from the lots further east.

3. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    That's because you started drinking gin this morning.

This is true.

Bill Archer repped this.
  4. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, the tailgate/pregame situation is the biggest question among my group.

We can catch a bus about 200 yards from the house, so we're lucky in that way. Otherwise, we'll drive to the Park N Ride at Morse & High, but that defeats the purpose of not driving.

5. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other problem is that none of the busses (2, 102, 33) run north past like 745pm. A lot of the routes have been gutted in the COVID era, granted, but there doesn't seem to be an option outside of the COTA max). I'll give the team some time to sort all of this out, but there doesn't currently seem to be a viable option.

I was half kidding when I first mentioned, but a park and ride to Mapfre really does seem like a reasonable idea.

kgilbert78 repped this.
  6. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    was it really?

Or was it this luxury car
    upload_2020-8-7_15-57-24.jpeg

upload_2020-8-7_15-57-9.jpeg

crew2112 repped this.
  7. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is why our current plan is bus down, Uber up.

8. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Partly--I mentioned my going down to the Fern Rock subway stop when I lived in Philly--still at least a half hour from home, but saved me from worrying about trying to catch the last train home (and changing lines at City Hall and Reading Terminal), and the subway saved at least 45 minutes--so not a total defeat. Also, when I first moved here, the bus had more limited service north of Graceland--not sure if this was still the case (my first girlfriend lived just off the 2 bus line in Worthington, so I had reason to know this). I may just try that Park and Ride next year.

Of course I had one time when my drive went perfectly--coming back from a minor league game near Penn--we hit every single light on Broad St. green from City Hall to the Philadelphia City Line.

9. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Worthington Native - bus service north of Graceland has vastly improved in the last 20 years.

10. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last time I parked my car anywhere in Philly, it was downtown on a surface lot in broad daylight at noon. I came back to find my passenger window had been busted out and some urban yoots had stolen my GPS and some other shit.

I cannot begin to describe how boring the policewoman I talked to on the phone found this tale, but I assume they put their top ace detectives on the job while I drove home with a garbage bag duct taped to door to keep me from freezing to death.

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When my sister got married, her fiancee was working for National. He got me a car when I flew in--a Caddy as I'd be driving my folks. The look on his face when I told him I was taking it to the Phils game in a few minutes was priceless (though nothing happened).

12. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    DGA57v2 repped this.
  13. Crew96Fan

Crew96Fan Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somethings seems weird with that stadium map and I’ll have to investigate with our ticket rep. Based on the map from our meeting. We are in section 113, row 20, seats 23-24. Based on the 3D seat map, our section is labeled 125 and the top row is 18....

14. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The section numbers seem to be off. As long as my seats haven’t moved they can call it whatever number they like. Maybe this isn’t official release yet?

15. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, the numbers are definitely off. The rows might be off too.

Per the presentation, section 101 starts in the SE Corner and the sections work around the stadium clockwise from there. They have my section (135) listed as 108. My rep, John Rosen said the rows start at 4, but the map shows row 1. We'll see I guess.

16. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    If that rendering is right, it reduces my concerns about glare at sunset. Sitting on the upper east side, the sun going down will be blocked by the parking garage just west of the stadium. I don't remember seeing the garage in the renderings the team was showing during seat selection.

17. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted without comment:

Thank you for your continued support of FC Cincinnati.

Due to extraordinary support from our existing season ticket base, we wanted to provide an update on the club seat selection process.

As a reminder, this selection process started in early-July and appointments were allocated based on longevity of support with the club. Your first season ticket purchase with FC Cincinnati was time-stamped and used to create this selection order. If you would like to talk with anyone about where we are in the process or have questions, please let our team know.

General Updates:

• As of 8/5, 917 Club Seat Appointments have been completed with long tenured season ticket holders and members of the FC Cincinnati Ownership Group.
    • 98% of season ticket holders with an appointment to date have selected seats.
    • On average, 4.03 seats have been selected per appointment.

Club Inventory Updates:

First Financial Club

• Sections E3, E4, and E5 are sold out.
    • Sections E1, E2, E6, and E7 have very limited availability.

Due to the overwhelming demand for the First Financial Club, FCC is currently working to finalize NEW convertible club seat options immediately adjacent to sections E1 and E9 of the First Financial Club. These new seating options for approximately 450 seats would include:

· Cushioned chairback seat used in First Financial Club and a $950.00 season ticket rate.

· FCC is working with stadium architects and local officials for potential limited access opportunities for the First Financial Club. (Possible paid club passes on a limited basis)

· The FCC Ticketing Team will continue to share additional information regarding these new premium options during your upcoming seat selection appointment.

· Limit of (4) seats. Non-transferable.

Cincinnatus Club

• Sections W3 and W7 are sold out.
    • Sections W2 and W8 have very limited availability.
    • Sections W1 and W9 still have availability.

Pitch View Club

• Section W5 is sold out.
    • Sections W4 and W6 have very limited availability.

Tunnel Club

• Sections F5 and F6 are sold out.
    • Sections F3 and F7 have limited availability.
    • Please inquire for more information on this all-inclusive space.

Legends Room (All-Inclusive Shared Suite Concept):

• Season Ticket Inventory still Available; Includes Parking Pass for every two seats
    • Hospitality suite is located in the Northwest area of West End Stadium.
    • Please inquire for more information on this space.

West End Stadium Sections and Pricing: https://www.westendstadium.com/price-map

Upcoming Reminders:

• We anticipate that there will be specific club areas that sell out in August. Once a club section officially sells out, we will immediately notify anyone with an upcoming appointment.
    • Save the Date: Monday, September 14th will be the date that we launch Phase 3 selections.
    • Your existing priority with FC Cincinnati will be applied in Phase 3 of the selection process.
    • By having season tickets in 2021, you will also maintain priority for future upgrades into club seating areas.
    • Over the next several weeks, FC Cincinnati will release specific information on Phase 3 of the seat selection process, including pricing.
    • This selection phase will include all general seating options at West End Stadium, including the Bailey.
    • General Seating areas at West End Stadium will have chair back seats, intimate views, and the roof at West End Stadium will cover every general seat.
    • If you have an existing deposit or 2020 rollover credits, it will remain on your account for Phase 3 selection. Additionally, FC Cincinnati has added 10% to your account for any purchase made in the 2020 season.

The FC Cincinnati Ticketing Team

Pauncho repped this.
  18. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. This bodes very well. Good share.

19. CybrSlydr

CybrSlydr Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Jun 30, 2013
    Casper, WY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLSinSTL and TKyle repped this.
  20. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My rep said it was messed up. She had a cheat sheet sitting next to her to look up correct section #s.

21. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that is a proper & fairly precise update - far better than the vague shit coming out of camp broccoli. Hopefully we can get a similar update in a week or 2 from Crew FO.

22. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, at some point, I'd appreciate a real update from the Crew. Being that we started this process some months later than FCC or Austin, I wouldn't expect much in the near term, though. I'll only add that the standard rule applies: Teams that are doing very well tend to be proactive about announcing season ticket sales numbers; those that haven't reached their goals or whose numbers aren't as good as the league's trendsetters, tend to be more vague if they report anything at all.

23. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We have 11 months until opening day. Plenty of time to sell tickets. It’s still so early in the process. I’ll have no concern until early spring. Then it’s crunch time.

Bill Archer repped this.
  24. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, this year, it's a bit harder to sell tickets for a season that may still take place in the middle of a pandemic.

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know about that.

Obviously other teams aren't seeing much of this problem. The email I posted from FCK says they have a 98% conversion rate for existing STM's and are reconfiguring part of the stadium to add 450 more premium $950 seats due to demand.

While it's possible that absolutely nothing will have changed Covid-wise in 11 months, I don't know of many people who'd bet on it.

Either way, the team has clearly and unequivocally demonstrated that, even in a worst case scenario, nobody will end up paying for any game they are forbidden from attending.

I do know one guy who is claiming that he isn't buying tix because of Covid concerns, but he's not much of a fan, really likes FCK better and is mostly using it as an excuse. His business, not mine.

But there's no valid reason to avoid buying tickets for 2021 out of pandemic panic; either you'll get to go to games or you'll get your money back (Plus, most likely, 10%, making it a pretty good ROI)

I don't see a problem.

Crewster and LaMacchia repped this.