2021 Season Member Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Pauncho, May 21, 2020.

1. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today I received an email stating, "My name is Jake Senger, and I will be your account representative for season tickets in the new stadium. In the coming days you will be receiving a series of emails which will answer your questions."

I'll start out by saying it is both irritating and foolish to dribble out the information. I need to contact, discuss and even negotiate with the other people in my season ticket group, to see who wants in enough to pay, how much, and where. I'm 100% committed to a season ticket, but I can't say that's true of everyone. If I could tell them something definitive it certainly would help that process.

I envision this thread, starting out while we buy into season tickets for the new stadium while it is being built, as a place for us to discuss the attributes and merits of different seating choices. The team has been remarkably tight-lipped about a seating chart, as well as prices. I know perfectly well my seats won't be as good as the ones I picked in September 1998, and will cost a multiple of what I'm paying now. Details would sure help.

If any of you have inside details please spill them! I'm not just talking about generalities like certain classes of seats will be an inch wider or have an inch more legroom, even specific seats. Old timers will remember the top row of the Dawg Pound in the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium had a brick wall you could stand and lean against, and a small overhang which would partially protect one row of fans from the rain. I'd love to have that kind of seat-specific information before choosing. You know the account reps probably don't know that kind of detail and won't tell if they do.

Later, maybe much later, we can talk about things like parking. It's not like it's too soon for this kind of discussion: I've already mailed in the check for my 2020-2021 season tickets for the symphony.

zman31 and crew2112 repped this.
  2. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I think I’ll do a league wide comparison of team ticket prices for next season, to see how our new prices match up with other teams. Post any info you get in ticket prices, or if you’d feel more comfortable, PM me.

Bill Archer repped this.
  3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Save the Date! These two people are getting married on such date in the future. HOWEVER...this isn't your actual invitation. You can expect that later.

I'm with you. Don't send me something to expect something. Just send me the actual deal.

Oddly enough, I'm ok with teases about stuff like concerts and tours. I suppose this is because it finally puts rumors to rest and allows a chance to get things in order before the on-sale.

Smithsoccer1721 repped this.
  4. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi. My name is Chris. I live in the year two thousand twenty. And as a resident of said year, I'd like for you to receive the messages that I'm going to be sending you in the future. So, since I know that you don't live in a vacuum, I'd like for you to 1) find this innocuous email from me, and 2) make sure that you're aware that I'll be sending you other emails and be prepared to receive them.

Just like a save the date is a request to do just that, these emails are a request to be prepared for more incoming information. I'm not offended nor upset by this proactive approach.

Smithsoccer1721 repped this.
  5. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi Chris.

The Internet is a place where people (and now bots!!!!) complain about everything under the sun.

Ah humanity. What will we achieve next?

LaMacchia repped this.
  6. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not particularly offended by the approach itself, although as I noted in the other thread I am a bit miffed to get a Cant wait to meet you email from someone I've talked to a dozen times but thats a different topic.

I do tend to agree though that from an average fans perspective this whole "show a little leg" deal is getting tiresome.

Am I the only one who recalls that at the last game they had a legion of well scrubbed , earnest young reps.prowling the stadium handing out "New Stadium - whats next" cards telling everyone that in the next couple weeks a stadium.rep would be contacting you.

Then they "opened" the so-called Experience Center" but only a small highly favored elite group was ever allowed in before it was shuttered. We didn't even get pictures. (And seriously, Wuhan Flu stuff aside, surely they could have someone sit in there and allow one.person at a time to look around. In Michigan they're allowing gay sex clubs to operate but in Columbus you can't look at a stadium model even if you don't touch anything - including yourself)

So now this. Yeah, we get it. You've got seats to sell. So why the hell are you choosing to play hide and seek with the details?

Like I said, not annoyed really, I just don't get what the idea is.

7. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got the same email but I looked at it as my old rep was handing me off to a new stadium rep so she could go after non-season ticket holders.

8. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is the execution. These emails presumably went to all current season ticket holders. Folks that have received hundreds of emails from them in the past. Yet, for this most exciting thing this club will do this decade, they roll the process out with an vague spammy looking email from a new person/email address. The email even begs to be added to contacts to avoid the problem they knew they were creating? We know our group here is only a tiny crumb of a small slice of the core. I know I wouldn't have ever seen this email without it being talked about here. It was filtered by gmail to my promotions folder, I don't read much of what gets sent there as you can see:

upload_2020-5-22_10-22-52.png

So, hundreds of their customers did not get their emails. It just creates a problem that didn't need to exist.

Dan Milton, catfish9, CybrSlydr and 4 others repped this.
  9. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    The old ticket crew was supposed to get new season ticket holders for the last year at Mapfre and to get everything ready for the split 2021 season. They were going to be based at Mapfre for the year. The new group's focus was to translate these to new stadium season tickets specifically with the anticipated pricing increase. They were also working with corporate clients from what I was told. They were supposed to be based at the Experience Center. My guess is that COVID-19 accelerated the merge of the two groups. I was told back during our home game that all season ticket holders would be randomly assigned to the new team. Randomly means that most would get a new ticket rep and @Bill Archer (and maybe a few more ;)) would keep their current ones in the new roles.

The one question I have is that I got an email just three weeks or so ago from Nicholas Barlow and now I got the one from Adam Collier. Did I get Nicholas as a replacement for Shanee' as she's supposed to be heading to maternity leave over the summer and then got reassigned to Adam as part of this? I've emailed both to find out.

10. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I spoke with the Adam and he told me that he is indeed the new rep for my account. Nicholas was a temporary reassignment. They've reassigned all full season ticket holders at this time. Next steps:
    • They will reach out to everyone to make sure they saw the email and to introduce themselves.
    • In the next few weeks, a Save the Date will be emailed which will include a date when we can make a virtual appointment.
    • The appointment will take around an hour and will include a slideshow of the new renderings, ticket options and more.
    • After all full STM's have been address, they'll start contacting partial season ticket holders.

stanger, Kryptonite and LaMacchia repped this.
  11. QuarkspaceDotCom

Mar 14, 2000
    Deep in the Bluegrass Hinterlands
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    The B-Boys talking about fart jokes belongs on anyone's whitelist.

zman31 repped this.
  12. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    I haven't been contacted by anyone since Shannee,before the first home game!

13. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just got off the phone with Jake. We (current season ticket holders) will be receiving an email next week with an opportunity to set up an appointment for a skype conference with our account manager, to discuss seating, pricing and parking. I baited a hook for more details and got nowhere, which I'm sure is what management told him to do. I will await next week's email, and alert the other guys in my season ticket group.

I still think dribbling out the information this way is counterproductive and annoying. Counterproductive because I could begin the negotiation/convincing of my friends to come along, if I knew what to say. I suspect some marketing geniuses think that dropping the cost on people like this will somehow get lots of them to make a snap decision to buy despite sticker shock. That ain't me.

Bill Archer and Crew&SwensonsFTW repped this.
  14. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Check the spam folder on your email. I found a bunch of emails from the Crew in there.

15. speedye1

speedye1 Member+

Dec 31, 2002
    Did you ask what he was wearing?

16. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serious question: Did you call him or are they making phone calls this week?

17. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He called me

LaMacchia repped this.
  18. DGA57v2

DGA57v2 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Apr 1, 2019
    I don't know, pretty much what I said in post 10. They will call you. They will let you know to expect the email. You will make an appointment for a Skype call lasting about an hour. Full STMs first; when done, they'll start with partial STM's.

One correction though. I did get an email from Nicholas today and he said he's in charge on any 2020 questions and Adam is 2021 but can help with 2020 stuff as well.

19. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I have this question for those who will go to the Skype call before me: What am I wasting an hour on? This is - quite literally - a shut up and take my money situation. Unless someone can convince me otherwise, I'm going to try to get out of or cut dramatically short the hour-long sales pitch. This ain't a time-share and I don't need to be sold.

20. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dress rehearsal for them for when they have to try to sell to the general public.

21. Pauncho

Pauncho Member+

Mar 2, 1999
    Bexley, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you already sure where you want your seats? What about parking? I'm 100% sold on a season ticket, but we will see who else will come along and how pricey they will go. The conversation isn't useless.

22. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We all have different experiences, expectations, and requirements. And that's totally fine.

For us, it's just this: How much will tickets be and will the 3 other couples that we sit with all be in the same section? We've already decided that yes, all of us will be in New Nordecke in 2021, and then move to a different section - something where sitting isn't frowned upon - in 2022 (this will require a 10-20 minute discussion when the time comes). We've all decided, as a group, that price isn't a gating factor to this decision. Parking tomorrow will be on a couple-by-couple basis just as it is today.

We're probably too easy. I should be demanding to be wined-and-dined.

23. catfish9

catfish9 Member+

Jul 14, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So our group of season ticket holders all have been dealing with Marissa that last few seasons and our seats all together. While I don't mind them reassigning new reps, each of our 3 families all got a different rep. Which is sort of counter productive since we will all be making decisions together. Seems it may have been wiser to assign reps based on whole sections of current season ticket holders. But whatever, we'll work through it.

And yes my email went to my spam folder.

24. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. Wish I'd said that

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 Bill Archer, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    100%.

Particularly because, as scripted as all of this obviously is, theyre going to have a canned, practiced and rehearsed pitch and, dammit, you WILL sit there through it from A to Z.

Your analogy with a time share is apt. Sit there and shut up while we show you shiny pictures of people having fun in the sun until we're ready to tell you the price and convenient payment.options.

By which point you're ready to fake your own death to get out of there.

As others have said, show me a map, tell me the prices and give me a day or two. Please.

Just like a hooker, I'm a sure thing

Dan Milton, Pauncho and LaMacchia repped this.