2021 Reg Season Week 1 pre/pbp/post-5/15-5/16

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by CoachJon, May 16, 2021.

1. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like our rhythm is still messed up, so I thought I would start a thread. Watched Saturday's games.
    Sunday games are not on yet.
    Players continuing their Challenge Cup form include Paige Monaghan, Midge Purce, and CeCe Kizer.
    Courage looked better, but Mace hasn't figured out her role in the box midfield. With LeSommer coming in, not to mention Lavelle, it looks like Balcer will be riding the bench or get traded.

What do you think about Predictions this year?

blissett repped this.
  2. West Ender

West Ender Member

Dec 28, 2020
    Southwest
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paige Monaghan impressed me a lot thus far, Purce maybe not as much.

3. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Still early in season with teams trying to gel and more players from overseas not included yet.

4. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I chose to watch ORL-DC (because duh I'm in DC and double-header-ing NWSL and MLS was a fun idea) and it looked like this match was destined for 0-0* despite being a relatively exciting match between Rodman and Marta each providing multiple great sparks, as did some of their teammaes.

I flicked on over to NWSLsoccer.com to see what else was going on, and POR is absolutely smoking CHI to the tune of 4-0 in the first half (much like the UWCL final, apparently)! So as of right now, POR and NJY are on top of the standings, with POR ahead, just like in the Challenge Cup.

Also, I'm gonna stick my head out on a limb here and suggest: CHI is this year's ORL. Good roster on paper, but nothing works out. They just aren't showing any signs of life, it seems. My guess is not only do they miss the playoffs, but they don't even manage 7th/10. Really sad to see.

*Game is now 1-1, thankfully, so not a third goalless match in the opening weekend! Sad for me to see DC's lead slip away though.

CoachJon, West Ender and Klingo3034 repped this.
  5. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Sophia Smith is a star! Hat trick!

West Ender and Cliveworshipper repped this.
  6. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    toOl
    One will get changed to OG, but still….

Klingo3034 repped this.