2021 National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Blue_nation724, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    #1101 halfnhalf89, Nov 17, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    First rate = Canada, USA, Mexico
    Second rate = Panama, Costa Rica (on a downward trend), Jamaica (solely because of the EPL players), Honduras (if they get their sh*t together)
    Third rate = Everybody else

For me, from an ES team level perspective, a second rate team is a team who we know we can beat at home and get a draw away.

Panama isn't beating the 5th place South American team and will struggle against Australia or Japan.

El Salvador collapsed when Zavaleta went off and could have still taken a point. Jairo Henriquez could have made it 2-0 at one point. This ES is incredibly limited and did beat Panama already.

2. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    This scares me because you could make the same memes for Rivas and Martinez who have proven to be completely useless.

Even Rudis Corrales was 10x better

edcalvi repped this.
  3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Actually the collapse came once the half time subs happened. Darwin should not be getting called up he was at fault on the tying goal. It has become a trend of his to cough up the ball with minimal effort which would explain why his tenure in Houston was awful.

4. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    Nah, Zavaleta's presence was missed especially on the second Panama goal.

Just consider this: Imagine we had two Zavaleta's at center back, things would be much different

edcalvi repped this.
  5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Funny enough Dominguez size would have helped but he tends to mistime his jumps.

6. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    People keep saying this, but it really doesn’t excuse our lacklustre performances.

We’ve shown to have potential with this group of players under Hugo, so there’s that nagging feeling that we could do so much better. We could’ve beaten Qatar at the Gold Cup, CR away, Jamaica at home, and Panama away.

Bringing in the foreigners have added a new dimension to our team and increased the depth pool we so desperately needed, but it’s starting to feel like a bandaid solution when it doesn’t solve our domestic league problems.

Our expat players should be aiming higher than USL Championship and League One, but that’s another conversation.

Futbol E.S. Por Vida repped this.
  7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would pívot away from lackluster I believe it just hammers down the fact of how low our level is compared to the rest of the teams in the Ocho. It’s been said multiple times that outside the starting XI the drop off is huge compared to everyone else, so far none of the subs have made an impact like before so the former strategy of sending fresh legs and run on a tired opponent has been nullified . Another thing that I believe we aren’t taking into account is how this congested schedule has really tired out our guys who aren’t used to having this many competitions going on at once, we’ve seen similar things with the rest of WCQ in which you’ve seen more hiccups that usual to nations who that usually doesn’t happen to. Difference is these nations have the depth to cover for some of it we as we haven’t shown any of that.

Also the USL kids was always a bandaid solution. They weren’t going to fix years of damage alone the local league needs to help as well.

La Trucha repped this.
  8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    *sigh*

9. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The team has terrible off the ball movement. The movements are too predictable and all the lobs and crosses to local players have to be aim directly at them to get it. I get people telling me Enrico can't pass. He can pass it's just most of the players around him don't understand his creative plays. It's what happens when you play with armature players. This is why they can't play offensively they can't make runs. If you watch the earlier matches in the qualifiers Enrico and Roldan will make follow through passes and his teammates are either slow on the reaction or don't realize they're receiving a follow through pass for them to run.

This issue also a problem is defending where they lack tactical knowledge on how they're getting countered. Since they expect a direct pass. They're use to slow futbol, outdated tactics/no tactics, and not playing off the ball movements in their league.

Now for the Panama match Larin was out of his position most of the time and was almost never marking his player. He kept play center back. Enrico, Zavaleta, and Roldan were standouts. I'm noticing the goalkeeper struggles to catch the ball and all his long passes usually fail. He's just fast and aerobatic other than that he's not that good. I'm not surprised like most fans why he's not abroad. Jairo needs to work more on his long passes and crosses if he's going to be consider to play abroad or even last in the MLS. If he's even lucky he will play in 2nd division Mexico.

10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hopefully fake news. If this really is a 2026 project, then we need Hugo for the long haul.

11. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No mames :ROFLMAO:

Fito just scored a hat-trick for Alianza, despite the fact that one of those goals would never happen in a WCQ Octagonal match.

Expect the pro-Fito crowd to continue screaming for their hero’s return to La Selecta.

edcalvi repped this.
  12. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Again, this WCQ just came to show how behind we are in our soccer. Hugo has done great, but our mediocre league (in every aspect) affects us. Our players don’t know off the play runs? Bc we pay kickball. MOST of our gks have trouble catching balls? Bc we play to go away and hope the bounce favors our team as well as the horrible field conditions making it impossible to read simple bounces as it bounces everywhere. Fitness? Lmao. Touch? You can’t touch if the ball doesn’t even bounce or roll properly. The coaches don’t wanna try youngsters, and no one has a process. Everyone gets removed mid season and they bring back the old recyclables. Good talent isn’t given a chance until it’s too late and then it kills us.
    I’ll give a perfect example. Jairo Henriquez was a standout and the U20 WCQ. He was even taken abroad bc of it. He struggled bc his fitness and touch weren’t that great and the old Salvadoran story of leaving and coming back. He disappeared for a bit. He had good success with águila and now he’s the standout bc he’s JUST THAT GOOD. If he had proper training and development he would have been abroad.

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    They never shut up he could be having a bad season and people would still want him.

edcalvi repped this.
  14. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    So Fito scored a hat trick, is the 3rd top scorer in the Liga Mayor and has the most international goals of all current players but still shouldn't be considered :rolleyes:

15. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    People want him because there is a need. If there wasn't, nobody would be calling for him.

What are the goal scoring stats of ES's current strikers in qualifying please tell me...give me a number

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Look at the level of competition, that Santa Tecla team is a mere shell of the one that won a few championships just a couple years ago and in the last three encounters they’ve been routed. Besides he can’t even score in international competition at the club level, I sure as hell don’t trust this version of Fito against higher tier competition at the NT level, people are stuck watching highlights instead of the actual games to see how slow everything is.

As for your other comment there will always be a need, and even if filled people will still want Fito because they have that image of the guy years past not what’s in front of them. Also 0 goals from strikers currently.

edcalvi repped this.
  17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Also so far this Octagonal isn’t much different from the last time we reached the final stages of qualifying most of the goals back in 2010 came from the midfield Rudis only scored once that entire campaign. The 98 squad was where strikers were feasting

Blue_nation724 and edcalvi repped this.
  18. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  19. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
  20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Really need all the help we can get. I'm not so optimistic nowadays with the fatal errors we have already made this Octagonal. Anything can change though *shrugs*

I'm pleased to see that, according to Pajaro Picon, Hugo Perez has denied the MLS rumours and is still committed to La Selecta until 2026.

edcalvi repped this.
  22. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would like to see the integration of some youth players these last 6 games. We have 4 away games and 2 home games. I doubt we pull off the miracle, would love to see some youngsters get valuable game time and accelerate the 2026 process

slaminsams and edcalvi repped this.
  23. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    That's how the Colombian fans roll.

Any little mistake your player makes the fans exaggerate it.

That's why our goalkeeper Ricardo Jeréz had to leave Deportivo de Cali after only one season due to fan abuse.

Ironically he was loved at Alianza Petrolera.

24. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    If Hugo gets an offer from MLS in January he's gone no doubt

Zarco Rodríguez will fill in and call up our savior Fito and El Salvador will win the remaining games to pip Mexico for third

25. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    At least something good came out of that Panama match