2021 National Team Thread [R]

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Blue_nation724, Jan 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Briefly putting it. Everyone showed their skills but they're too individual, they haven't meshed to play together yet. Jairo, Tamacas, Martinez, Calvillo and Sorto were the standouts. Rios and Dominguez were disappointing. Everyone else shows they could help in some way but need more time with the national team to see if they could really help out or not.

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hugo prefers USL over ES league, but yeah those USL players still need to strive for MLS or better. We have even more players in the CPL, USL League 1, NISA and below; and we need them to play in more competitive leagues.

The MLS/Europe players like Arevalo, Alguera and Rios are only young but they ought to be getting regular minutes for their clubs first.

Not sure how much game time Calvillo, Sorto, Garay, Saravia and Molina get in the USL.

3. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Punyed was revealed a few days ago so glad to see him called up. Another one who was mentioned was Nelson but Hugo did say it all depends on the restrictions over in Thailand and the such.

Blue_nation724 and La Trucha repped this.
  4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

5. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    ¿Bryan Gil y Tomas Romero le dijeron de una vez que no?

No necesariamente no, pero por el momento decidieron no tomar una decisión. Tomás Romero decide esperar y hay que entenderlo. No hay que tomarlo personal. Nos dijo que necesita concentrarse en su club, pero en ese momento estaba como segundo portero y la MLS, en fechas FIFA, mantiene juegos. No para. Hay que entender que para él lo importante era consolidarse y al momento, su apuesta le ha dado frutos. Es titular y eso hará que su contrato a futuro sea más prometedor. En el caso de Gil ha sido más complejo. Su agente y su padre no cierran la opción, pero momento tienen como prioridad una sub-20 de Colombia.

Diego Henríquez, director deportivo de la Fesfut: «Con ninguno de los jugadores que he traído hasta ahora a la selección hemos hablado de lo económico, no es por ahí»

6. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    No Rodríguez bc of his injury :/, but good to see Punyed, Sorto, & Gil. We need to let these guys play some. We need goals, and we need points desperately.

R9Kevinr9 and La Trucha repped this.
  7. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Unfortunate for Ronald who's been fantastic so far. Young lad, tall, strong, good feet. Definitely has a bright future. Although Dominguez isn't in the best shape right now, he hasn't looked as bad as some fans have pointed out in the recent past. I still believe in the lad. Although Hugo seems to love Romulu, he may end up getting the nod sooner than we think.

Excited to see Cris Gil. Punyed may struggle with Hugo's system but Marvin and Chicho ain't necessarily blessed for pace.

8. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Off-topic, but I love how you still post as if you’re a London native. Pinche overseas Arsenal fans.

I can only read your posts in a British accent, not Texan :ROFLMAO:

R9Kevinr9 and edcalvi repped this.
  9. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #884 R9Kevinr9, Oct 1, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Lmao. When it comes to football, it's been engrained in me. I'm 30. Been watching the Arsenal since I was a kid. What can I say? Lol

Also don't come for how I talk when you said "pinche" that's a Mexican thing hahaha

La Trucha repped this.
  10. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oh man, funny you say that. My partner is Colombian and made it a mission for me to unlearn my “chicano” talk and replace it with Colombian :ROFLMAO:

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Lol, yeah. Where did you get that talk from being a Salvadoran in Australia? Do you not have Salvadoran family near you that taught you how we speak? Genuinely curious.

12. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    American film/TV. Scarface, Blood In Blood Out, American Me, etc. Listening to Latino rappers (Big Pun, Fat Joe, Cypress Hill, AZ, Capone-N-Noreaga, Kap G etc). Posting in the Mexico section of this forum. Feel like most Salvadoran-Aussies received the same exposure from film/TV, because we used chicano slang ironically as teenagers.

I assume, the same way you adopted your British slang? Austin, Texas does not strike me at all as a place with much British influence haha

No, I don’t have extended family here. When I stumbled across this forum full of Salvadoran members, it was something I was largely missing.

13. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Off topic but most forums are dying out. Do we have a backup Reddit forum just in case this gets shut down?

Willsant87 repped this.
  14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Honestly at this point Discord would be a preferred option from what I’ve observed most people that used to frequent forums have moved to that platform. For example I used to be real active on the SRK forums until the supposed shutdown was going to happen so multiple discord’s sprang up and many either moved to the site or just straight up left and never came back. Some members did make another forum as a response but it’s not as lively as it used to be because of what I said prior.

slaminsams repped this.
  15. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Discord just another online live text chatting program. Similar the Skype (but mainly for video chatting), but Discord mainly targeted for gamers, and would be hard for other people to find unless word of mouth or advertise somewhere. Reddit pretty active compared to other forum websites and I don't see it dying soon.

16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I prefer Discord since you can invite who you want and keep out trolls. Reddit it’s weird for me I’m okay with it but posting would be meh.

17. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Welp not only is Ronald out, but now Eriq and Chicho are too. Rip. ******** sake.

La Trucha repped this.
  18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    It’s always the defense that ends up getting hurt the most for us. :/

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would venture to guess that Alianza isn’t following COVID-19 protocols if any.

Edit: Okay so it isn’t protocols just a string of bad injuries with the others.

20. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well, if we don’t get at least 4 points this window, it’s basically over for us. And with Zavaleta and Rodriguez AND chicho out, this looks to be a very heartbreaking reality.

21. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  23. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Chicho and Tamacas were both practicing with La Selecta today. It looks to be a race for Zavaleta but I’m guessing he’s def out for Panama at the least. Rodríguez is out too.

24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX