2021- K.Furuhashi | 2022- R.Hatate | T. Iwata 2023 | D.Maeda | 2023- Y.Kobayashi @ Celtic F.C. (SCO)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by SamuraiBlue2002, Jul 15, 2021.

1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agreed.

2. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I'm kinda surprised Ange won't be making an offer for Mitoma plus Hatate, he singled them out exclusively from their time in Japan, they played together in Japan and they are good friends, it would be awesome to see them there, I'd be disappointed if Ange doesn't bring in any Japanese players, he's now got access to a higher calibre of Japanese players now which he didn't have at Celtic like Endo, Kubo, Mitoma, Kamada. I guess we'll see what happens

3. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    He should've gone for Kamada, not Maddison.

Drew1404 repped this.
  4. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014

With Kamada being available on a free now I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for him and try to accomodate them both, Tottenham were in interested in Kamada for a while

YakYak repped this.
  5. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Maeda scored a hattrick today in a 6-4 loss to Yokohama, he was unplayable at times, even almost chipped the keeper from 40 yards! Can see huge improvements in him already in pre season. Hatate had a really good game, Iwata played at right back and had an assist, and Kobayashi was injured after 60 minutes but seems like he'll be ok. Kyogo came on later and looked sharp but couldn't score and was playing deeper than under Ange. Fantastic game.

Testator repped this.
  6. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Sadly, Kobayashi is not all that popular right now. the whole defense struggled, but fans remember te poor games from the end of the season. But Yokohama winning proves J-League is a strong league.

Drew1404 repped this.
  7. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Scored!

Testator repped this.
  8. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
  9. Yamato Damashii

Urawa Red Diamonds
    Japan
    Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good opening game for Kyogo, although Celtic were poor for long stretches of the game. Hatate was good when he came on in the 2nd half. I hope Hatate starts next game.

10. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Was a little weird that Hatate sit in the bench.

seolseol and Yamato Damashii repped this.
  11. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Somewhat bad pre-season, ana a good pre-season for a player named Turnbull.

12. KyotoSoccer

KyotoSoccer New Member

Kyoto Sanga
    Japan
    Mar 10, 2023
    japan
    Why did Hatate come out at 70' after entering the game at the half way point? Was it an injury? Nice goal by Furuhashi and fine assist from Maeda in the 3- 1 win over Aberdeen.

13. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014

Rodgers said he needed to change up the midfield so brought reo on at half time, a lot of complaints about Hatate being left on the bench, played well when he came on, but unfortunately had a calf issue so was taken off, hopefully nothing serious.

Iwata still left on the bench with no sub appearances again, worrying times for him.

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Immediately out in the cup

15. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    With 0 shoots on goal over 90 Minutes.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Really really bad

17. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Yep. Postecoglou had 3 losses in the first 3 away league games. This is Rodgers' screw-up. I hope lessons are learned.

18. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hatate still out.

19. poyotaryo

poyotaryo Member

Brazil
    Feb 14, 2020
    Brussels, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not gonna lie, I don't really watch Celtic games, so I can't tell how good Turnbull is or what is happening but I read a few weeks ago papers in which Rodgers publicly said that he didn't like Hatate's attitude on and off the pitch.

I thought it was a way to challenge him, to push him to his limits and it maybe is, or he just really doesn't like the player.

seolseol repped this.
  20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hatate is injured. Won't be back until after the international break.

poyotaryo and seolseol repped this.
  21. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bad game for everyone also...

22. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really thought Ange would bring at least one Japanese player to spurs. Specially now when Kane left Kyogo would have been more interesting.

23. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Rodgers is a fraud, and he's misusing Kyogo. Turnbull has not carried his great pre-season form into the season. Hatate is as needed as a hypothermia sufferer needs a warm blanket. What a mess have my Celtic become. Next week Rangers. I have no idea if that suited-up robot thinks the midfield will hold out against Rangers. I wish I could kill the guy, assume control of the team and select Iwata in the starting XI.

24. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Now it became clear that Kyogo needed to move. Maybe they will improve their gameplay but I bet for another last place in UCL group if things keep gonna crumble down.

25. Drew1404

Drew1404 Member

Aug 25, 2014
    The fact they brought a winger on instead of Iwata to play in the midfield absolutely astounds me, the guy was J league player of the year and hasn't seen a single minute! Haksabanovich is a winger but he brought Turnbull off from midfield and replaced him with haksabanovich as a like for like? Wtf??

Ange name dropped reo and Mitoma this week talking about his time in Japan and how good they were, Mitoma would be too expensive but I could see him going for Reo, more so Kyogo after how bad Richarlison was as a striker against Bournemouth.