2021 Audi Field tickets and discussion

Dieses Thema im Forum 'D.C. United' wurde von pr0ner gestartet, 4 Mai 2021.

1. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

13 Januar 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figured there was no good place to put this in an existing thread, so I wanted to start a new one! I figured we could use this thread to discuss the ease of getting tickets, either as part of STH presales or single game efforts, and to give people here a place to ask for or sell tickets to games.

For me, I got tickets at the beginning of my selection window for three upcoming home games. Actually got my usual STH seats this time, and I got them for $9 less per seat than my average STH price. I dunno if this will keep up, but at this rate, I'll still have credit left over from what I paid for my tickets this year.

Still no word on how the credits I was supposed to get by renewing for 2 years are going to work yet, though, that I can see.

sitruc, dadman und Winoman gefällt dies.
  2. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

31 Juli 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The system is biased towards selecting no fewer than two seats. I've had no luck in opting for a single seat. When I find one it is usually tucked into some corner far from the pitch.

sitruc gefällt dies.
  3. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

13 Januar 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've noticed that, too. The only halfway decent ticket for a solo buyer for the 3 game package was in the first row of 208 or 209 (don't have the seating chart up any more). That's kind of disappointing.

I've had no issues finding someone to go with me for any of the matches (save the 13th yet); I dunno if I'll keep "buying" two seats when that luck runs out or if I'll just start skipping games.

4. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

5 Dezember 2003
    Virginia
    I'm up in 5 minutes. In the last go 'round, I initially tried to find 3 seats and they were scarce and like @Hedbal noted, tucked into corners. I went with 2 and that's what I'm doing again today.

5. griffin1108

5 Dezember 2003
    Virginia
    Well, can't get in "technical difficulties", maybe Flo is running the ticket selection process.

6. griffin1108

5 Dezember 2003
    Virginia
    TicketBastard doesn't like VPN's. Turned mine off and got right in.

Winoman gefällt dies.
  7. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

2 April 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are benefits and downsides to the current (temporary) system. Between me and the two other guys I sit with (Section 129, in normal times), we've got a total of 16 tickets for the May games. That lets us bring friends and family. Making that happen is easier with this system. There's also the benefit that you don't need to worry about what to do with tickets for games you can't attend.

Downside is not sitting in our usual seats. And the ticketmaster system has now, twice, refused to let me use my STH credits. Though, my super-helpful new ticket rep was able to finish the transaction both times.

sitruc gefällt dies.
  8. United1

United1 Member+

23 Februar 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Thanks to those snapping up extra tickets so the rest of us are fvcked.

9. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

2 April 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The system allows you to buy up to 6 tickets for each game, per account. Not sure what to say.

10. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

15 Juni 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so glad to be done with this...................

11. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

30 September 2002
    DC Burbs
    I doubt that they've even thought of what that program would consist of. I asked my rep about that in February and got the party line, which was "the program will return you value". I'm going to have a substantial balance by the end of the '21 season, based on 4 MF preferred, that credit is not trivial. And then there's the matter of my 2 year commitment which is done at the end of this year and I am likely to have a credit for all but 2 games from '20 and a healthy chunk of '21 if Bowser doesn't grant them a full stadium permit any time soon. I really wonder how and when the renewal will work when I've got a year to year and a half, minimum, already paid for to open the '22 season.

sitruc und Winoman gefällt dies.
  12. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

13 Januar 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure the original plan with the credit was that it was something to be used to buy extra seats or upgrade (I would have definitely used my credit for club level seats for a couple matches). But, with limited capacity, that's clearly not an option. And I went with the 2 year renewal into 2022 because it gave me extra credits (almost $500) to use this year!

13. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

2 April 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reasonable thing would be to keep it as a credit against your account towards future season tickets. We’ll certainly be back to normal next year.

Are people having problems getting tickets for upcoming games?

14. Hedbal

Hedbal Member+

31 Juli 2000
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally realized that my only hope was to spring for two tickets per match, rather than trying for the very few, and remote, single seats available. Now, of course, I have to find someone to share with so I'm not paying 2x the actual seat cost.

15. PSURoss

PSURoss Member+

30 September 2002
    DC Burbs
    This is BS in a big way. I do wonder how many individual plan holders they've got? Regardless, they should not be discriminating on who can take a pod, regardless of the number of people in the party. No one should be put in the position of having to spend double and sort offloading the other ticket to come to a game. They sold you one seat, they should accommodate you in accordance with how they sold you the tickets. Just my two bits.

sitruc und shawn12011 gefällt dies.
  16. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

2 April 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully, things get better as capacity limits go up.

It's tough to find blocks of 3, as well. Not sure why 2 and 4 blocks are the favorites.

17. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

13 Januar 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm guessing blocks of 2 and 4 are the favorites because most of their STHs buy in blocks of 2 or 4.

griffin1108 gefällt dies.
  18. John L

John L Member+

20 September 2003
    Alexandria, VA

I'm pretty sure this is a common policy throughout the league.

19. griffin1108

5 Dezember 2003
    Virginia
    In a perfect world, I would like to get a block of 3 seats to accommodate my wife and daughter both. However, we are in a less than perfect environment. Because these early season games are at 8, my wife has graciously begged off so I get 2 tickets. Maybe sometime this summer, we can get our 4 seats back and my son can figure out a way to attend as well. In the meantime, we just move forward and adapt.

TowsonDad und Winoman gefällt dies.
  20. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

13 Januar 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This homestand looks like it will be the last with limited capacity, as Mayor Bowser announced today that there will be no capacity restrictions starting June 11.

sitruc und Potowmack gefällt dies.
  21. Potowmack

Potowmack Member+

2 April 2010
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those of us who have already spent more per game for our tickets than we would have otherwise, I wonder if we’ll have to “top off” our STH accounts?

Hopefully, they just say everyone gets the rest of their season tickets for the season without any extra charge, and call it a day. But,I guess we’ll see.

22. pr0ner

pr0ner Member+

13 Januar 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Audi Field capacity bumped up to 7,000 for Sunday.

UnitedBorn und shawn12011 gefällt dies.
  23. griffin1108

5 Dezember 2003
    Virginia
    During the telecast on Saturday, DJ was touting the $39 and a free Heineken ticket offer, so either the FO knew of the capacity bump, or the FO couldn't sell out the 4500 capacity limit previously set.

sitruc und shawn12011 gefällt dies.
  24. Doogh

Doogh Member+

5 Oktober 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Neat incentive by the club.

sitruc, dadman und Winoman gefällt dies.
  25. Section 107

Section 107 Member+

DCU
    United States
    18 Juli 2018
    i am already vaccinated, wonder if a ticket is worth getting an extra shot?

dadman gefällt dies.

Die Seite empfehlen