2021/22 Taça de Portugal Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Oct 15, 2021.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    So our first sub is going to be... Esgaio.

Well then.

2. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Man these Porto players need to drink more milk..... stay down hurt a long time

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Continue to have almost nothing going forward.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Another stinker from Matheus Nunes. Since Guardiola praised him he's been subpar. Our midfield is just not working and getting dominated. We have 2 vs 3 in midfield.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lets take off Sarabia but keep Pote who has done nothing for months.

SCP_16 repped this.
  6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We struggle to even start attacks. Defenders lose the ball or make stupid long balls to nowhere.

Take off a defender and put Bragança, at least its an extra midfielder and can help free Matheus and Ugarte to get closer to the front.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Porto goal. Game over. Just win 2 out of 4 games left to secure 2nd place now.

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol Porto stadium speaker when saying the scoreline called us "Sporting de Lisboa"

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol straight red for Porro. I guess he's gonna miss league games now.

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    what an absolute failure of a season

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    If there's one good thing - before we used to consider finishing 2nd as an achievement.

Good to see that now we're at least competing until the end and disappointed at not winning titles.

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yea that's a horrible mindset. We were champs last year. This shit this year is unacceptable.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What I meant was that we had a small mindset before, now we're pissed at not being champions. So at least we've evolved in that regard.

All I can hope is that now they think about what went wrong and make changes accordingly. Amorim needs to start thinking outside the 5-3-2 box and make tactical changes during the game, not just like-for-like subs. Today our midfield was overrun.

Also insisting on players that are not playing well and out of form. Maybe Pote should return to the midfield like he played at Famalicao, I'm not sure he's gonna be having a season like last year again, he was incredibly efficient. Matheus Nunes has been poor since Manchester City.

Again we sub off Sarabia and the team never created any chances again. Our first sub is Esgaio. WTF

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Agreed with Amorim needing to evolve. Dude is stubborn and one-dimensional. He pounds the table and demands we overpay for garbage like Paulinho and Esgaio. He needs to NOT be the guy who makes those personnel decisions. Just focus on coaching. Those two transfers are two of the worst transfers in recent memory. His infatuation with trash like Esgaio is going to cost him his job eventually. I will never understand it. Every time we lose, Esgaio is on the field. Dude cost us 6 points by himself and Amorim continues to play him. I'll never understand it.

Like, ok, you leave Slimani out because of his efforts in training. But what about Pote being absolutely useless in games? Why does he play 90 minutes?

SO many flaws in how he manages the team. You would not think this team won the league last year with how Conceicao just owns him every time they play each other.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Conceicao evolved a lot since Marega left. Porto also played a very specific way, and this season when he realized Vitinha and Uribe were perfect together they won the league then and there. Porto are incredibly good this year at pressing, probably their best since Conceção has coached them.

Hopefully Amorim (who lets not forget is still a young manager with basically 3 seasons) can evolve and adapt similarly.

16. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    This confirmed our defeat.

SCP_16 repped this.
  17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Agree 100%. However in those 3 years, Amorim hasn’t adapted to anything or shown any willingness to change.

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Uh oh. Somebody's a liar

received_345643300964216.jpeg

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah, Slimani is gone in the summer. No way Amorim keeps him now.

We all love Slimani, but between a 33 year old striker on the decline and Amorim who won us 4 trophies so far and is developing the youth, its gotta be Amorim.

Amorim wants young players who don't have an ego and don't interrupt the squad harmony. I don't think he was ever really onboard with Slimani coming. We're gonna need a young forward with potential this summer.

And like @SCP_16 said, Amorim needs to take a break this summer and think up some new strategies. I doubt we change from 3 at the back and unlike a lot of people, I like the 3 at the back, I think it covers a lot of weaknesses from Coates, but we should be able to change the midfield and attack to be more fluid when the need arises, i.e. if we need an extra midfielder in tough CL games or against our rivals.

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

That's fine that he's gone in the summer. But the dude made an immediate impact while Pote has been shitting the bed for multiple months now. Maybe Slimani could've helped yesterday and on Sunday. It's like Amorim purposely threw the league and cup away because he wanted to prove a point? I don't get it.

21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

But hey, at least he trains hard!

In all seriousness, this loser needs to be the first one sold. Like, immediately.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Hopefully some Saudi team comes in with their millions. I don't see him going anywhere else.