2021/22 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 17, 2021.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Olympiakos eliminated by Ludogorets was good for us, we get an extra 1.1M in prize money (the prize money for group stage is allocated based on the clubs uefa coefficient, the higher the coefficient you have in the group stage, the more $$$)

SCP_16 repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    All 3 papers talking about Tottenham's interest in Palhinha, with Nuno Espirito Santo wanting the player.

He has a release clause of 60M, which I doubt they will hit as the rumours have started at around 20M. I think Sporting would realistically though begin negotiating after 30M, and any deal between 35M and 40M would probably be a for sure sale.

3. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Would be a real kick in the ass to lose him this time of the year….but we know a big sale is needed to balance out the books… better be over 30 mil

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Anything less than the buyout is robbery. Pahlinha is way too pivotal to this team.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I highly doubt anyone bids 60M, especially if no one bid 60 for Nuno Mendes whose our most valuable player (in terms of age, potential, quality)

Also remember last year he looked to be sold and not important before he was integrated. Maybe the player expects a sale, he's already 26.

6. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Palhinha may be sold. We got Ugarte for a reason.

fdasilva repped this.
  7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Look at all these players that are still here. Imagine we sold all of them? We wouldn't need to sell anyone else:

Renan Ribeiro, Ivanildo Fernandes, Tiago Ilori, Matheus Oliveira, Rodrigo Battaglia, Idrissa Doumbia, Abdoulay Diaby, Rafael Camacho, Luiz Phillype, Andraz Sporar

8. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    CR7 will return for 22/23 season.
    We need to ride the wave this season. The title may be more difficult if we lost Palhinha but I think Pote and Paulinho will have big seasons .

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I agree with losing Palhinha. Unless Ugarte comes in and completely makes us forget Palhinha, I doubt we win a title without Palhinha

10. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    yes but so far the new administration has done well with shrewd transfers who have often exceeded expectations. Who would have thought that pote, Porro, Nuno Santos, or even Feddal would have made the impact they did last season?

if Palhinha leaves I trust Ugarte has what it takes to replace him. I will give the current coaching staff and board the benefit of the doubt. The real challenge will be managing European football along with the league title as last season we were out of Europe quite early on.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Battaglia joins Mallorca on loan for a season and pays his 2.8m wage. Player still has 2 years left on his contract

SCP_16 and Holy__Joe repped this.
  12. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    TVI saying PSG is interested in Nuno Mendes. If they have any position that are lacking in quality, its probably Left back, they're best option is Bernat.

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Great. Then they can pay nothing lower than the buyout. Anything lower is a terrible deal especially considering PSG’s ridiculous spending and wage bill.

14. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    PSG can pay. If they are interested Sporting needs to demand maximum value.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    A bidding war between City and PSG would be ideal :D

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

Looks like Max is a done deal. 5M plus a percentage of future sale. Good luck to him, I can understand the move as he needs to play, and we can get a cheap option as a backup to Adan.

We also have some up and coming really promising goalkeepers who could get a shot

17. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Max is a good young keeper I wish him luck.

18. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Palhinha isn’t gonna leave bc Tottenham are the only club interested and they are cheap as hell.

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rumour is that we are interesting in bringing GK Joao Virginia from Everton, he was the backup goalie last season

I wonder if this also means that we may be negotiating Matheus Nunes with Everton

20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Done deal. Max is sold to Granada. 4.5M + 500k in objectives

I'm fine with this. Adan is way better and Max needs to proceed with his career. 5 million for a backup keeper is totally OK. If we can get 5 mill for Max, 5 mill for Sporar and some bits of cash or at least get salary off the books from trash like Ilori, Diaby etc and it means we can keep this whole squad together and not sell anyone important, I'm all for it.

21. The Zeta Variant

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    Max has a lot of potential. There should have been at least 5 mil for objectives.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Don't see it personally. Smart piece of business imo. We get 5 million now for this season and we loan a similar backup keeper without paying anything.

Really hope we can sell Sporar next. As I said before if we can move all these trash players and keep all of our main players I'd be over the moon

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Interesting case of FIFA siding with a club who had an anti-rival clause for a player. Sporting should use this in their case against Inter Milan / Joao Mario.

FIFA orders Torino to pay Osasuna €1.5m plus interest within the next 45 days. When Osasuna sold Álex Berenguer to Torino for €5.5m in 2017, a clause stipulated an additional €1.5m if Torino transferred him to Athletic Bilbao. Berenguer was sold to Bilbao last year but Torino have refused to pay.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/p6nvso/fifa_orders_torino_to_pay_osasuna_15m_plus/

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    It looks like Sporar is on his way to Middlesborough on loan and a rumoured clause of 8.5M euros to buy him, but for that to be actioned, he would have to score 15 goals (the English club is in the Championship) and be promoted to the EPL.

25. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

So basically, he's coming back next year.

Holy__Joe repped this.