2021/22 Sporting CP Transfer Signings/Rumours/Dealings

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, May 17, 2021.

1. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Supposedly, the purchase option that Stuttgart have for Tomas is set at 14 million.

Meanwhile Luiz Phellype going on loan to OFI Kreta in the Greek league until seasons end without a purchase option

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    From what I've seen of TT 14 mill would be a jackpot.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Last days of the market seem to be a lot less quiet, here are the rumours today:

- Tiago Tomas looks to be a done deal. 18 month loan to Stuttgart with rumored option to buy for 14 million euros. Still no official confirmation from the clubs though.
    - Slimani has been linked to us but would need to lower his salary if he were to rescind his contract with Lyon and sign with us for 18 months.
    - Marcus Edwards continues to be our main target but there's been no movement yet. The rumored deal is 8 million + Bruno Gaspar
    - Today reports in Italy say that Lazio is interested in loaning Jovane Cabral with an option to buy for 8 million euros.

4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Watch Porto swoop for Edwards. I can see it already. I was reading that the transfer to SCP is supposed to be finalized after the game tomorrow. Not sure why those two things can't be mutually exclusive. Close the f*cking deal already.

OndaVerde repped this.
  5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I swear that happened last January too with Paulinho. For some reason we can't make deals while we're competing for a cup... weird.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    According to Pedro Sepulveda, we rejected a 30M euro bid for Gonçalo Inacio from Newcastle

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We should start seeing activity now that the cup final is done and dusted. As per Fabrizio Romano today, Tiago Tomas is loaned to Stuttgart for 18 months with an option to buy for 15 million.

8. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    15M for TT would be a steal imo. Hope it goes well for that price. But we absolutely have to bring in another striker then for depth. Are there any other rumours aside from Slimani? I’m not holding out hope for him, as much as I’ve loved the idea of him coming back, it’s the same song and dance every year since he’s left.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    No rumours. I think Amorim would be happy with just Edwards TBH. If Paulinho doesnt play Sarabia plays as a false 9 I think.

BTW speaking of strikers Sporar scored today and he has 7 goals and needs 8 more for Middlesborough to trigger the 8.5M clause

SCP_16 and OndaVerde repped this.
  10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    According to Pedro Sepulveda Sporting are going to sell a player and buy a player in the next few hours.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Although there's been rumours that Palhinha may be sold, it looks like he will stay until the end of the season, although Atletico Madrid continues to be very interested.

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I was going to guess Pahlinha gets sold.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Official: Tiago Tomas joins Stuttgart until end of 2023 on loan with option to buy. Good luck campeão!

15. AlexJones19

AlexJones19 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    That would be a strange one. I’ve liked him when he’s been played

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here. He is quality depth piece and a spark at times off the bench. I wouldn’t let him go for cheap in January. Same goes for Palhinha, who is obviously a key member in the starting 11. Can’t give up on the title like that. Still got a chance.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like that Tabata deal is dead. Transfer window in Saudi Arabia closed today. Tabata will remain.

Our trusty paper Record who seems to always have the inside scoop on us says Edwards will sign for us today. No mention of Slimani though unlike A Bola who insist that we have an agreement with Slimani. Gotta love portuguese journalism...

18. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Watch it be Slimani AND Fredy Montero back to Sporting on transfer deadline day... :cautious:

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nah Fredy re-signed with Seattle

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or a surprise double swoop for Bryan Ruiz and Teo! Haha.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Welcome to the last day of the transfer window. Or as I like to call it "F5" day.

Looks like the consensus is that we've made a final offer to Slimani and it's on his side now to accept and rescind with Lyon. Apparently he missed training with Lyon today...

Many sources saying that Edwards is in Lisbon to sign with us and an official statement could come any minute.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon

We rejected a loan + buy option from Sassuolo to acquire Jovane. Loan would be 500K and an option to buy him for 7 million for 80% of his rights. Amorim doesn't want to lose anyone in this window.

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #373 fdasilva, Jan 31, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    According to Pedro, Edwards deal is done.

Edit: option to buy for Geny for Guimaraes is 5 million for 50% of his rights.

Imo a good deal. Considering how much they wanted initially, we drop 7.5M and get rid of a flop and his salary in Bruno Gaspar, and we loan Geny who has some talent but still needs to develop a lot and I doubt they will actually pay 5 million for him, maybe he can play regularly there.

OndaVerde repped this.
  24. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like this one is done. Jovane to Lazio for 8 million. According to Record this could free up funds to sign Slimani