2021-22 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by ThePonchat, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades New Member

Liverpool FC
    Scotland
    Oct 22, 2021
    Hey everyone - I know something that's going to happen.....but its so monumental I can't possibly say it on an anonymous forum that in reality, only about a handful of people pay attention to and has no impact on the college soccer world...ha

just giving you a hard time Socalsoccercoach

2. sockerdad06

sockerdad06 Member

Sep 12, 2004
    I bet we see a current SEC head coach get hired at Georgia

3. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    Lol the Jan. job is a smaller one but coach is parting ways over refusal to get the vaccine...Ucla coach likely to Orlando Pride...I have said for months CSUN coach would be out as I said about LMU and I was on point with that one...Oklahoma my guess before end of the year and others have alluded to there being issues there in previous posts.

Fitballer repped this.
  4. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Have you information or scuttlebutt about this job or just wildly speculating? There is only one SEC coach whom I could possibly see being offered/taking the georgia job.

5. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Georgia should hire the Arizona coach I’ve heard she’s brilliant at building foundations. For example, they were the foundation in the Pac 12 this year for everyone else to build above.

Footyballs repped this.
  6. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    There has already been 2 attempts to pull a current SEC Coach away, it didn’t work. There are other options and good names in the running for this. Will be interested in who they hire with teams getting knocked out tonight….

7. Bannedagain

Bannedagain Member

Villareal
    Oct 24, 2021
    Yeah Colby Hale probably wanted to stay where he is right now so no shock he said no to Georgia twice. When is Hale's it pours!

8. SAS_Soccer

SAS_Soccer Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Nov 17, 2021
    I personally don't see this happening. If Cromwell would have gone the NWSL route, she would have taken the Angel City job. Plus can an NWSL team compete with her UCLA salary.

Gryphons Dad repped this.
  9. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    It’s more of a personal move it seems. Ever since the admission scandal, she is not well treated there from what I’ve been told, and her partner who she coached at UCF is from there and both of them having FL ties, it makes sense in many ways. She may not make as much but the cost of living is significantly lower there so again it makes sense to me.

10. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just bringing this to the front, don’t let this interrupt all the juicy gossip.

OPEN

UK
    Maryland
    Austin Peay
    Tulsa (interim - Jim Rhein)
    Troy (interim - Nicole Waters)
    Villanova
    USC Upstate
    Missouri State (retired)
    Idaho State
    Oral Roberts
    Morehead State
    Bellarmine
    Loyola Marymount
    Saint Francis
    Wisconsin Green Bay
    Appalachian State
    Georgia
    Southern Illinois
    Baylor
    Fordham
    Texas State

Filled
    Louisiana Tech (Steve Voltz - previous interim)
    Pacific (Danesha Adams and JJ Wozniak - previous interims)

Fitballer repped this.
  11. Gryphons Dad

Gryphons Dad Member

California Storm
    Oct 2, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Agree 100%. AC is a founding investor of Angel City. Big money going into that club.

12. SAS_Soccer

SAS_Soccer Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Nov 17, 2021
  13. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OPEN
    UK
    Maryland
    Austin Peay
    Tulsa (interim - Jim Rhein)
    Troy (interim - Nicole Waters)
    Villanova
    USC Upstate
    Missouri State (retired)
    Idaho State
    Oral Roberts
    Morehead State
    Bellarmine
    Loyola Marymount
    Saint Francis
    Wisconsin Green Bay
    Appalachian State
    Georgia
    Southern Illinois
    Baylor
    Fordham
    Texas State
    Mount St. Mary

Filled
    Louisiana Tech (Steve Voltz - previous interim)
    Pacific (Danesha Adams and JJ Wozniak - previous interims)

14. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Oh CW, still stewing about losing out on that job. Four months on the job and you are in attack mode. Jealousy doesn't look good on you. Stable foundations take time (no shortcuts), especially when she changed the teams playing style 180 degrees from a more direct approach (under Tony) to a very possession focused style.

15. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Cromwell is an investor in Angel City of the NWSL. Seems interesting that she would go coach for a competitior. Did she try to get the Angel City job?

16. Centermid5

Centermid5 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 1, 2018
    Would they hire an investor as a head coach?

17. Number007

Number007 Member+

Santos FC
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2018
    they could buy her out of it..easy way to compete on the UCLA salary. IJS

18. Nooneimportant

Leeds United
    Jan 12, 2021
    I will say this. If they are allowed to hire a coach that is an investor of another club, don’t tell me the NWSL is a serious league.

As Number said, I would assume that she would have to sell her stake,

19. Centermid5

Centermid5 Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Feb 1, 2018
    But could Angel City even hire her if she is an investor?

20. Nooneimportant

Leeds United
    Jan 12, 2021
    Angel City certainly could, but the rumor was she was going to Orlando.

21. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What about dating a player that you previously coached just a few years ago? I think it is always wrong but I know there are many coaches that are married to their players.

22. 2233soccer

2233soccer Member

United States
    Sep 13, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are these statements based on some inside knowledge or just best guesses from the rumors and comments on the forum?

23. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    If the relationship develops years after they are no longer coach/player, then it is what it is. They are grown adults. But, hopefully the feelings were not there when they were coach/player. People will always side eye it (as I do with Brandi and Jerry) because we do not know the factual history.

24. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why? If their behaviour was absolutely correct when they were coach and player, what harm exactly feelings could have done, apart from paving the way, way later, to a relationship between two grown-up and consenting adults?

Feelings can be something absolutely innocent and, also, they're not always something you can consciously control and repress, especially if you're not yet an adult. If two people grow fond of each other in a coach/player relationship, but they keep it completely correct and they don't make any step towards an actual sentimental or sexual relationship, questioning the feelings they could have had back then when years later they engage as a couple seem to me a moralistic approach stinking of Inquisition trial.

You say people will always side eye them: for sure not me! What a way to always be judgemental even if there could very possibly be nothing worth being judgemental about it.

Footyballs repped this.
  25. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Guys can get we get back on topic please! Can someone start a coaches/player relationships threat if they want to carry on this topic.

Nooneimportant and Soccerguy1022 repped this.