2021-22 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by ThePonchat, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Bannedagain

Bannedagain Member

Villareal
    Oct 24, 2021
    I could see Walters being looked at by UCLA.

2. Enzo the Prince

Sep 9, 2007
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Not sure if serious....I can't imagine he'll ever be welcome back in Westwood.

HeadSpun repped this.
  3. HeadSpun

HeadSpun Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #278 HeadSpun, Nov 30, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    "No woman has ever coached a men's team at BC" - How did this data point affect Foley? Did she apply for a men's team? How does BC's head coach gender ratio compare to it's peers? Just asking.

"The coaching salaries at BC average $607886 for mens teams while womens team coaches Average $154,808." Coach compensation is largely dependent on the sport. Football coaches, Basketball coaches, etc earn more than coaches of other sports. Is the BC WSOC coach paid within current industry standards within their conference/ competitiveness ?

Really, the examples you present do not make for a solid argument for her. She behaved in a way a college does not want to be associated with or held accountable for. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Make stupid decisions - lose your job. She should move on and work on repairing her reputation.

4. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Georgia getting McAlpine is a big hire for that program, which was lousy for a few years but has been on the upswing the last two/three years. We'll see if McAlpine can accelerate the trend in a conference that has become pretty damn tough

5. sweepsit

sweepsit Member

Oct 25, 2016
    SF, California
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like an obvious step down in program quality. Are UGA offering significantly more money? Or some other reason (personal, professional, or other) contributing there?

6. HeadSpun

HeadSpun Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What? California is booming. We continue to see a big net growth of people moving into the state. Corporate growth, Aerospace, Gov't and tech jobs...etc. Buyer demand for properties continues to grow....

There'll be no shortage of top tier coaches who'd love to grab these CA jobs.

fanatica repped this.
  7. 6peternorth9

6peternorth9 Member

Nov 15, 2012
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Umm no chance… UCLA made things uncomfortable for Cromwell so that she will leave. Why would they bring back someone that’s tied to the admission scandal?

8. Almost done

Almost done Member

Juventus
    United States
    Oct 4, 2019
    UK announces new coach- Milwaukee Wisconsin old coach.

Aday96, spykemanne and ThePonchat repped this.
  9. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    1. He’s from the south and has always wanted to be a head coach in the SEC.

2. Much easier to build a deep roster with quality at UGA than it is at USC due to in-state tuition and the Hope Scholarship.

3. Every dollar he earns will go much farther in Georgia than in California.

4. This is my opinion, but I’m sure he sees UGA as a sleeping giant that needs to be awoken - much like USC was - and enjoys the challenge. I think he can make a final 4 in his first 4 years in Athens.

sweepsit repped this.
  10. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OPEN
    Maryland
    Austin Peay
    Tulsa (interim - Jim Rhein)
    Troy (interim - Nicole Waters)
    Villanova
    USC Upstate
    Missouri State (retired)
    Idaho State
    Oral Roberts
    Morehead State
    Bellarmine
    Loyola Marymount
    Saint Francis
    Wisconsin Green Bay
    Appalachian State
    Georgia
    Southern Illinois
    Baylor
    Fordham
    Texas State
    Mount St. Mary
    Air Force (retired)
    Northern Illinois
    Colorado College
    Wisconsin Milwaukee

Filled
    Louisiana Tech - Steve Voltz (previous interim)
    Pacific - Danesha Adams and JJ Wozniak (previous interims)
    UK - Troy Fabiano (UW Milwaukee head)

11. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    McAlpine to Georgia is official.

12. Osotruck

Osotruck New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 5, 2021
    Yep, add USC to the list

13. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OPEN
    Maryland
    Austin Peay
    Tulsa (interim - Jim Rhein)
    Troy (interim - Nicole Waters)
    Villanova
    USC Upstate
    Missouri State (retired)
    Idaho State
    Oral Roberts
    Morehead State
    Bellarmine
    Loyola Marymount
    Saint Francis
    Wisconsin Green Bay
    Appalachian State
    Southern Illinois
    Baylor
    Fordham
    Texas State
    Mount St. Mary
    Air Force (retired)
    Northern Illinois
    Colorado College
    Wisconsin Milwaukee
    USC

Filled
    Louisiana Tech - Steve Voltz (previous interim)
    Pacific - Danesha Adams and JJ Wozniak (previous interims)
    UK - Troy Fabiano (UW Milwaukee head)
    Georgia - Keidane McAlpine (USC head)

14. Nutmeg13

Nutmeg13 New Member

Nov 25, 2019
    UCLA clearly didn't care about the admission scandal or made things uncomfortable for Cromwell, otherwise why didn't she leave earlier? Her contract was up at UCLA and she wants to coach pro. Wouldn't be surprised if Walters tries to come back

15. Nooneimportant

Leeds United
    Jan 12, 2021
    Why would they bring Walters back? He has been under .500 in 4 years at JMU. No matter what reason you give that is not the performance of a coach who deserves one of the biggest jobs in the country. Ties or no ties.

HeadSpun, McSkillz and ytrs repped this.
  16. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Ask yourself why a coach who won the Pac-12 in the spring season (not to mention this fall season) was on the final year of her contract. It seems that a strong case could be made that they did not offer her a new contract in hopes she would leave uneventfully as she did. Keep in mind that there is a new AD. So his take on the admissions scandal could be to clean house on anyone connected to it.

17. McSkillz

McSkillz Member+

ANGEL CITY FC, UCLA BRUINS
    United States
    Nov 22, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying Cromwell wanted more money after winning PAC-12 two times in a row and UCLA told her no? The decision has to be pretty out of left field since if she was really keen on moving to NWSL, she could have went for the Angel City gig and try and scoop up her UCLA talent to fill her roster. My assumption was she wanted more money and she didn’t get it for whatever reason. UCLA doesn’t seem particularly interested in keeping her. As for who is taking the job, this is one of the best programs in the country, we won’t accept anyone less than a couple of championships under their belt JMO

18. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    "UCLA doesn’t seem particularly interested in keeping her."

McSkillz your quote above is precisely what I mean. Why was UCLA letting her ride into the final year of her contract after winning the Pac-12 last spring. They did not seem particularly interested in keeping her.

The fact that she invested in Angel City (NWSL club) and did not go after their coaching job, implies to me (I may or may not be right), that she was hoping to stay at UCLA after this season.

Keep in mind that the Orlando Pride job was only open in late July. So she did not know it was going to be open. Seems like fortunate timing for her.

19. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Good hire for Kentucky

USsoccerguy repped this.
  20. SAS_Soccer

SAS_Soccer Member

Everton FC
    United States
    Nov 17, 2021
    Paul Radcliffe took the Stanford job with no national championships to his name and now has 3. So I don't think that's a deal breaker. UCLA needs a coach that can coach the highest level players and make them even better. They should be a final four team more often than not.

21. Aday96

Aday96 New Member

Kentucky soccer
    United States
    Nov 8, 2021
    Anyone have any info/insight on Fabiano? Seems like a solid hirer for UK.

22. spykemanne

spykemanne Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Maybe things would have been different if Ucla won a few games in the tournament. Instead, they lost at home in the first round to UCI so the AD probably didn't have a lot of motivation to bring her back

23. Bannedagain

Bannedagain Member

Villareal
    Oct 24, 2021

24. Bannedagain

Bannedagain Member

Villareal
    Oct 24, 2021