2021-22 Bundesliga Matchday 1: Borussia Dortmund vs Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by BVBFNM, Aug 13, 2021.

1. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I hope you are right, we'll see Tuesday. I am more worried about knocks and injuries then for his fitness honestly...

2. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Game is over and Haaland is fuming to have missed out on the hat trick... What a player!! lol

After a few minutes with the crowd chanting and applauding finally got a smile on his face!! He did say he loved the Dortmund crowd and wanted to play in front on 80K...

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Entertaining game, could have been twice as many goals on both sides. Haaland is a monster but the whole team just functions as a team again. There's room for improvement (Hummels, Guerreiro although I liked Schulz today) and also some good depth in midfield and offense.

Haaland is having some fun with the fans right now.

astrophyz and BvB_Peon repped this.
  4. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    One match down, another 33 to go.

Observations:
    - Own goal notwithstanding, our defence did pretty good considering it was makeshift.
    - We are still vulnerable on set pieces.
    - Håland is a fvcking monster.

5. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BMG were often weak on set pieces under Rose, particularly when switching off and leaving players unmarked at the back post. This happened today for Frankfurt’s second goal after losing the first header, the hope would be with Hummels back that header isn’t lost, but even so being vulnerable to set pieces is a concern.

Imagine being a GK when Haaland is storming through on goal lol, a terrifying sight.

6. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    wow.. that's what it is with a coach that has a good combination of balls and brains. We haven't had both together in some time.

couple more points than what everyone said:

- I like Kobel. He brings 2 new things: being vocal + distribution
    - Reus is in a good mood!
    - I know it's a makeshift defense. But I'm still worried about the RB position. We just need 1 player there and we're as ready as possible for the season.

eaglespark and BVBFNM repped this.
  7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I agree with all of this. Reus is just so good.

Our spine is so strong.
    Kobel is still a question mark, but I am hopeful.

Hummels, Akanji
    Dahoud, Brandt
    Reyna, Reus
    Haaland.

Add Raphael Guerreiro at left back.

Then for me as you said we need only two players a RB and a creative winger who takes a man on. These are the two key areas.

I know you think a RB is more important, but for me the creative winger is more important.

We can at least rely on Meunier and hope he has a good season. If he is bad, then we are not beating any of the top teams.

However, without the creative winger we will struggle to break down teams when things are not working.

As we said Reus is playing brilliantly, but if he is out we need someone else. Reyna is good, but we can't rely on him.

Take the gamble, bring in a winger for around 40 million Euros. Sell Delaney to raise funds.

At the end of the day we know we can sell Bellingham and Haaland to raise funds next summer. Take the gamble get that winger and win the league.

8. dips82

dips82 Member+

Oct 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you don’t want to trust Knauff to be that “magic” winger?

BVBFNM repped this.
  9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I agree with dips82. Why not develop local German talent?