2020 Summer Transfer Thread, Where Nothing is Normal.

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, May 8, 2020.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Juve are not in trouble at all for the Suarez fiasco.

Spanish press is reporting that Valencia is interested in Rugani. Please someone take him already

Dante repped this.
  2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Listening to old Anti mafia judge Antonio Di Pietro talk yesterday, he is a Juve fan and was optimistic but then I hear another guy speak last night and he was all doom and gloom.

3. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, call me jaded but I don't trust that we will get fair treatment if this even a hint of a Juventus employee or retained council tied to this.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The press tends to exaggerate but they may get a point deducted or a fine. No game result was changed because of what went on.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So Khedira is refusing to terminate unless Juve pay him the full wages for the year.

Rot in the stands then

Dante repped this.
  6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    In fairness, would you do any different than Khedira? This is the fault of this management regime doing bad deals.

NicktheGreek repped this.
  7. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't do anything different. We made the mistake of resigning a player who was no longer going to play for the national team so he had no incentive to try and find playing time.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Douglas Costa has rejected a move to Wolverhampton and would only accept a transfer to another prestigious club.

9. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Looks like we are going to be paying a few players not to play again.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can see DC getting more playing time than some others on the team.

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SportItalia claims that Juve and Fiorentina have verbally agreed on a deal for Federico Chiesa, who will initially join on loan, with an obligation to buy for €50 million.

Put down the crack pipe Paratici.

12. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's a lot of money for an average player. And why are we focusing on a right winger, don't we have plenty of those already?

Dante repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I think this means Bernas days are numbered. Dougie C too if we can unload him.

Chiesa is an upgrade over both as Costa is hurt far too often and is getting on in years.

14. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta love that Italian premium.

Essentially the english version of Harry Maguire and we are United.

Hopefully it works out great and he scores 15 a season for us and assists another 10!

15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Great, now Costa supposedly rejected a move to ManUre because he wants to fight for his place :rolleyes:

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather have him than waste money on Chiesa.

scirea6 repped this.
  17. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rennes have started negotiations for Rugani. They want a loan with an option to buy

Dante and scirea6 repped this.
  18. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    That's fine; whatever, he just needs to be off-loaded.

Dante and juventino13 repped this.
  19. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Rugani to Rennes is agreed. 1.5ME loan fee and Rennes pays his salary. No mention of an option to buy

20. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    I guess I'm in the minority. Douglas Costa, bar a moment or two of brilliance, has been a failure at Juve. He is always hurt, and when he does play, he is inconsistent; excellent at times and invisible at others. Bayern knew what they were doing when they sold him to us.

Chiesa is young, with massive upside. At the Euro 21s last season, he was head and shoulders above everyone else. All he is lacking is the final product which he has time to develop. I think we are all still feeling burned over Bernardeschi; however I don't see this as a similar situation.

I would happily take a chance on him; particularly if we can offload Costa.

juveeer repped this.
  21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chiesa has been in the first team with Fiorentina since 2016, he'll be 23 soon and I don't see him progressing much. I think he flops WAAAAY too much, is too theatrical, and is nowhere near being worth €60 million.

Then the question is why spend that much on someone that's not a starter. I think Kulusevski is a much better player. We already have Bernardeschi and some are calling for Chiesa to play as a wing-back, why??

I would MUCH rather spend €50 million on Aouar than €60 million on a player for a position we don't need. If they want to play him as a wing-back, but a friggining RB.

22. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would rather have Chiesa over Dougie C, only if we were able to sell him 40m. 60m for Chiesa is robbery. Obviously it is not my money but we are already operating at large losses and that inflated price for Chiesa would make things worse for when we need to replace Ronaldo and sign a CF in the next year or two.

Maybe we can pull a Bayern and say "fine, Chiesa wait until your contract runs out and we will pick you up on a bosman and pay you 7m a year."

23. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You may be right in terms of evaluation; however, I would still take a shot. Many gave up on Gnabry early and look how that turned out. As for the theatrics, Ronaldo was far worse in that regard at the same age. The effectiveness of the player is what matters.

I've read evaluations of roughly 50 million. I think I would do that for Chiesa, especially if you can offload some dead weight in Costa and Bernardeschi in this or the next transfer window.

If Chiesa develops into what many believe he will be they will find a place for him eventually; not to mention I can't see Ronaldo here much longer than a year or two.

24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Bernardeschi has soured me a bit, especially when buying from Fiorentina.

25. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We also got Baggio from them. It's not always bad.