2020 MD8: @ ATL

Discussion in 'Orlando City SC' started by Macsen, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    gdt-20200829.jpg

Home keeps me busier than work sometimes. And while I can find time to pump out my space comments at work, I lack the facilities to create my banners. And I'm not posting these threads without the banners. Anyhoo...

A dominant performance in the second half on Wednesday night as the Lions became the only game in town.

Let that be a lesson to those who want to cede their platform. While everyone else boycotted ultimately for naught, The Ruckus took the microphone.

While all the pampered superstars in the "Big 4" leagues took a night or two off, our supporters were the ones to speak up.

The problem isn't "shut up and play". It's more like "shut up and do nothing".

If they stop playing, they cede their platform. And surrender the money they could be using to actually bring about change.

Let that be a lesson to us all.

This afternoon could be another wounded animal situation. Atlanta is not used to being below the red line after using The Home Depot's money to buy their way to the top.

The Lions have to keep on their toes and focus on the task at hand: getting to the playoffs, and winning the MLS Cup.